Will the Real Gog-Magog Event Stand Up.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men's doctrines have confused... the two mentions of the Gog-Magog, one in Ezekiel 38, and the other in Revelation 20:8. I'm going to clear that up for you, IF... you will take the time to open up your Bible for yourself, and do a bit of research using Bible study tools.

The Ezekiel 38 mention of Gog-Magog is about the nation of Russia aligned with radical Islamic nations, it is for this present world time. This event involves a specific nation alignment for the end of this world that will come up against Jerusalem on the last day of this world.

The Revelation 20:8-9 mention of Gog-Magog is a separate event to occur only after Christ's future return, and only after His future "thousand years" reign. With this example the Gog-Magog is symbolic only for the deceived nations that Satan deceives after the 1,000 years once he is loosed from his pit prison. This Gog-Magog will go up against the "camp of the saints" and "beloved city" on earth. God will then send a fire down from Heaven and burn these armies up, with none left.

Ezek 38:1-9
38 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the
chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

The Hebrew for the word "chief" above is 'Rosh', Fausset's commentary has an interesting note on this specific Meshech...

"MESHECH
Japheth's sixth son. The Moschi, a warlike race in the mountainous region between Armenia, Iberia, and Colchis. Associated with Tubal, the Tibareni of Pontus. Ps 120:5, I dwell among people lawless and fierce as "Mesech" at one extremity of the world and "Kedar" at the other. Gog's chief vassal, ideal representative of the pagan barbarian world. Ezek 27:13," they traded the persons of men" as slaves, and "vessels of copper," Ezek 32:26; 39:1. Moscow and Tobolsk may derive their names from Mesech and Tubal. Magog was Gog's original kingdom; he acquired also Mesech and Tubal, becoming their "chief prince" (rest; the Scythian Tauri and the Araxes were called Rhos, from whence Russia). Mesech was once one of the most powerful nations of western Asia. The Assyrians were frequently warring with them, from 1100 to 700 B.C.; then living E. of Taurus range and in Cappadocia. The inscriptions call them Muskai, the Tibareni Tuplai (Tubal). Caesarea Mazacha was the great Moschian capital."
(from Fausset's Bible Dictionary, Electronic Database Copyright © 1998, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:
Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.
7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
KJV

Those nation alignments we are actually seeing today, in our time...

1. Chief prince of Meshech and Tubal -- today's Russia.
2. Persia - the lands of Iran and Iraq, both still mostly allied with radical Islam and supported by Russia.
3. Ethiopia - Ethiopia in Ezekiel's day spanned a much larger area below Egypt. It originally included the nation of Sudan. Today, the nation of Sudan is allied with radical Islam and supported by Russia/Red China.
4. Libya - today Libya is still allied with radical Islam which is supported by Russia.
5. Gomer - represents nations of the old Soviet satellites, like Georgia, also allied with Russia.
6. Togarmah - the area of Togarmah is the old area of Cappadocia, what is today called Turkey. The nation of Turkey is a Moslem nation. At present it is allied with the Western nations and a member of NATO. But Russia has been trying to turn it back to radical Islam.

When Turkey becomes allied with radical Islam and thus supported by Communist Russia, then this nation alignment for the end of our present world will be complete. These are the nations that are to come up against Jerusalem and the Jews on the last day of this world for the battle of Armageddon (Rev.16).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the Gog-Magog event of Revelation 20:8-9, which is a separate event from Ezekiel 38-39.

Rev 20:7-9
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth,
Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed
the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
KJV

Those who try... to tell you the above Gog and Magog is the same one of Ezekiel 38 have an obvious reading problem, because there is some easily understood difference between this one and the Ezekiel 38 one.

1. With the Ezekiel 38-39 event of Gog-Magog nation alignment coming up against Israel for the last day of this world, i.e., at the battle of Armageddon, just WHO will be in Jerusalem when that occurs? And remember, Lord Jesus told His servants to get out of that area of Jerusalem-Judea when they see the "abomination of desolation" idol setup there for the end of this present world. That Gog-Magog army of nations will come upon the unbelieving JEWS in Jerusalem on the last day of this world. That will be the "day of the Lord", the day of Christ's future return to gather His Church.

2. In the Rev.20:8-9 example, where does this Gog-Magog nations come up against? They come upon the "camp of the saints" and "beloved city". That's pointing to Jerusalem of course, 1,000 years after Jesus has returned. Who does that show will dwell in that "camp of the saints" and "beloved city"? Christ's Church of course! So that's one EASY way we 'know' for sure, that event is NOT the same event of Ezekiel 38-39. Another way to know is because Ezekiel 39:25-29 is about God gathering lost Israel (i.e., the ten scattered tribes), which that is only to happen on the day of Christ's future return prior to the 1,000 years.

Thus the Gog-Magog example in Rev.20:8 is put as a 'general' marker for the leftover nations that Satan deceives after Christ's future 1,000 years reign. Unlike the Ezekiel 38 example, we are not told a nation alignment for the Rev.20:8-9 event, which is another indicator that the names Gog-Magog are simply being used to point to Satan's host after the 1,000 years.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men's doctrines have confused... the two mentions of the Gog-Magog, one in Ezekiel 38, and the other in Revelation 20:8. I'm going to clear that up for you, IF... you will take the time to open up your Bible for yourself, and do a bit of research using Bible study tools.

The Ezekiel 38 mention of Gog-Magog is about the nation of Russia aligned with radical Islamic nations, it is for this present world time. This event involves a specific nation alignment for the end of this world that will come up against Jerusalem on the last day of this world.

The Revelation 20:8-9 mention of Gog-Magog is a separate event to occur only after Christ's future return, and only after His future "thousand years" reign. With this example the Gog-Magog is symbolic only for the deceived nations that Satan deceives after the 1,000 years once he is loosed from his pit prison. This Gog-Magog will go up against the "camp of the saints" and "beloved city" on earth. God will then send a fire down from Heaven and burn these armies up, with none left.

Ezek 38:1-9
38 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the
chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

The Hebrew for the word "chief" above is 'Rosh', Fausset's commentary has an interesting note on this specific Meshech...

"MESHECH
Japheth's sixth son. The Moschi, a warlike race in the mountainous region between Armenia, Iberia, and Colchis. Associated with Tubal, the Tibareni of Pontus. Ps 120:5, I dwell among people lawless and fierce as "Mesech" at one extremity of the world and "Kedar" at the other. Gog's chief vassal, ideal representative of the pagan barbarian world. Ezek 27:13," they traded the persons of men" as slaves, and "vessels of copper," Ezek 32:26; 39:1. Moscow and Tobolsk may derive their names from Mesech and Tubal. Magog was Gog's original kingdom; he acquired also Mesech and Tubal, becoming their "chief prince" (rest; the Scythian Tauri and the Araxes were called Rhos, from whence Russia). Mesech was once one of the most powerful nations of western Asia. The Assyrians were frequently warring with them, from 1100 to 700 B.C.; then living E. of Taurus range and in Cappadocia. The inscriptions call them Muskai, the Tibareni Tuplai (Tubal). Caesarea Mazacha was the great Moschian capital."
(from Fausset's Bible Dictionary, Electronic Database Copyright © 1998, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:
Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.
7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
KJV

Those nation alignments we are actually seeing today, in our time...

1. Chief prince of Meshech and Tubal -- today's Russia.
2. Persia - the lands of Iran and Iraq, both still mostly allied with radical Islam and supported by Russia.
3. Ethiopia - Ethiopia in Ezekiel's day spanned a much larger area below Egypt. It originally included the nation of Sudan. Today, the nation of Sudan is allied with radical Islam and supported by Russia/Red China.
4. Libya - today Libya is still allied with radical Islam which is supported by Russia.
5. Gomer - represents nations of the old Soviet satellites, like Georgia, also allied with Russia.
6. Togarmah - the area of Togarmah is the old area of Cappadocia, what is today called Turkey. The nation of Turkey is a Moslem nation. At present it is allied with the Western nations and a member of NATO. But Russia has been trying to turn it back to radical Islam.

When Turkey becomes allied with radical Islam and thus supported by Communist Russia, then this nation alignment for the end of our present world will be complete. These are the nations that are to come up against Jerusalem and the Jews on the last day of this world for the battle of Armageddon (Rev.16).
I pray for it sir, although I really don't want to see it, I realize that those of us alive will have to go through it, but we are ready for it.