Will The Second Coming be Televised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Matthew 24 suggests a public event to some ppl, and a "secret" event to others.
Usually the "secret" part is stated to be the timing of an otherwise public, "miracle" event.
What is the truth here?

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, Matthew 24 is a big chapter that talks about a lot of stuff. Most of the chapter up until verse 28 is talking about the tribulation period, and Jesus even uses that word in the passage. Obviously, there will be a lot of very public events during that time. Jesus mentions Daniel's antichrist, and the false Christs and prophets during the Tribulation time, and He warns people that if you're going through this time and you see someone claiming to be Christ, don't believe them because you'll know when I come back, like lightening from east to west.

Then He goes on in verses 29-31 and talks about the Glorious Return, when He does return after the Tribulation in a very public way. The angels blow the great trumpet, and everyone is gathered for judgment.

But then from verses 32 to the end of the chapter, He changes gears and begins to encourage His people to be ready because no one knows when it's going to begin. Verses 32-51 don't necessarily consecutively follow the earlier part of the chapter on a timeline. He's in a different mode of encouraging people to be ready for when it begins. And that's when He talks about one being taken and one left, when all of this begins.

That's just one reason I believe in a surprise "catching away," followed by a public tribulation, followed by a very public physical return of Christ that the world sees at the end of that tribulation.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"
...one who comes to Jesus under cover of the night, not to be seen by his colleagues (John 3:1). John leads Nicodemus into a debate with Jesus, which:

• Opens with the introduction of the fundamental element of Christology, namely that of the second birth (3:3).
  • Casually reflects on baptism and the original sin (3:5).
  • Connects in one sentence the creating Spirit of God to the identity of Christ as priest in the order of Melchizedek (3:8, see Hebrews 7:3). This "not knowing from where it came or where it is going" undermines the cardinal principle of logic causality and determinism. One's genealogy was of crucial importance to establish whether one had the right to live in post-exilic Judea or not (Ezra 2:59-62), and although both Matthew and Luke define Jesus as son of David, their diverging genealogies after David is a deliberate literary device and certainly not a mistake.
  • Explains the enigmatic Nehushtan (3:14)..."
  • The amazing name Nicodemus: meaning and etymology

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^

i'll be "left behind," gladly
I really have no idea where you're coming from or what your motives are. I'm not sure why you choose to call your faith "Christian" when you're pretty much against all of the basic tenets of Christianity. I don't know you, so I can't judge you. But I just don't understand. Part of me wonders if you just chose that as your faith to be able to get into the Christian-only subforums.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I really have no idea where you're coming from or what your motives are. I'm not sure why you choose to call your faith "Christian" when you're pretty much against all of the basic tenets of Christianity. I don't know you, so I can't judge you. But I just don't understand. Part of me wonders if you just chose that as your faith to be able to get into the Christian-only subforums.
ha c'mon, i can't be the first person who believes diff than you do @ "Rapture" that you have ever talked to, can i?

fwiw i'll say that i have a great idea where you're coming from, and what your motives are, and i do not denounce you, ok?
you are fine right where you are, believing exactly as you do, as far as i am concerned
But I just don't understand.
there is a cure for that, and i suggest that your Rapture belief is not going anywhere while you pursue it, wadr.

i'm curious if you ever gave any money to the people who taught you what you currently understand?
Desite any emotions this Q might engender, understand it is a fair Q ok.

btw the ^ was meant to direct you to the post above, not sure if that communicates the thought very well or not though

Last edited:

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha c'mon, i can't be the first person who believes diff than you do @ "Rapture" that you have ever talked to, can i?

fwiw i'll say that i have a great idea where you're coming from, and what your motives are, and i do not denounce you, ok?
you are fine right where you are, believing exactly as you do, as far as i am concerned
there is a cure for that, and i suggest that your Rapture belief is not going anywhere while you pursue it, wadr.

i'm curious if you ever gave any money to the people who taught you what you currently understand?
Desite any emotions this Q might engender, understand it is a fair Q ok.

btw the ^ was meant to direct you to the post above, not sure if that communicates the thought very well or not though
I'm sorry for the out of context post. I wasn't basing what I said on a disagreement about the rapture. I know there are a thousand different veins of eschatology out there, and I don't get too worked up about that. What I said up there was based on all of the stuff I've been seeing you say the last few days, which is all I've been around. You have some extremely unorthodox beliefs that don't really line up too much with the basic tenets of Christianity. But I'll try to address some of those things in relevant threads instead of letting all of that spill over here.

Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a choice right now ! If we are saved we have no worry !!!!!!!
We whom believe in GOD and JEASUS , who went to the cross for our sins........ HE suffered so much pain for us, so we could go to heaven!

Because GOD will take us home.......... and those left will have to learn the truth / and believe / or they will be going to hell !

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who do not believe , will be able to do this ? I would think ? I know my family and I will be gone.... we wont see it........

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Yes, I'm pretty sure it will be televised... "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him" (Revelation 1:7)

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I'm pretty sure it will be televised... "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him" (Revelation 1:7)

True, but "every eye" could also refer to the people in the direct area of Jerusalem. (Mount Olivet)
Satellites Stations might have been disrupted because of the battle of Armageddon going on.
Television might be under control of the anti Christ at that time.
But when He comes there will absolutely be no doubt as to who He is, and the anti christ will not be able to hide this from the rest of the world.

(Matthew 24:27)

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Television might be under control of the anti Christ at that time.

Who knows? But in any case, its seems clear that it won't be an event that goes unnoticed. "Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger" (Isaiah 13:13). So I suspect God doesn't need our broadcasting system to announce himself :) (Matthew 24: 29-31).

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When the Lord appears, will it be televised, only God knows. But.... The glory of the Lord will be so bright that it will draw everyone's attention and those who aren't ready will either be running or hiding, as by that second it will be too late for them to repent and turn to Jesus, so saying that, it might be televised, but everyone will be in the moment, they are either going to be rejoicing or terrified, including media, actors in their acting sets, sports stars in the football, tennis, everyone, so I don't think there will be someone on the other end of the camera recording for long and I don't think people are going to be watching their tvs for more than a 30 seconds either. It will be like a loud boom that grabs everyone's attention, except it will be trumpets sounding, and the wonderful glory of Jesus shining. Who knows maybe the sound of the trumpets will even shatter the TV screens lol.

Ah well we will find out on that great day. :)

Reactions: Helen and Dan57