Will There Be A Future Temple Rebuilt In Jerusalem, Scripture Suggest There Will Be?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 66:1-4 strongly suggest a rebuilt house/temple dedicated to God by the Jews, with renewed animal sacrifice, this will be an "Abomonation" to the Lord and the cross of Calvary, God will send them a strong delusion

Point Of Interest: The word "Delusion" is used 2 times in the KJV, and they are both associated with a house/temple, and it appears that the scripture presented could be "Parallel Readings" of the same event?

Isaiah 66:1-4KJV

1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11KJV

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isaiah 66:1-4 strongly suggest a rebuilt house/temple dedicated to God by the Jews, with renewed animal sacrifice, this will be an "Abomonation" to the Lord and the cross of Calvary, God will send them a strong delusion

Point Of Interest: The word "Delusion" is used 2 times in the KJV, and they are both associated with a house/temple, and it appears that the scripture presented could be "Parallel Readings" of the same event?

Isaiah 66:1-4KJV

1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11KJV

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
This is not exegesis but eisegesis
These texts speak of consequence, not suggestions of a future temple.

Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not exegesis but eisegesis
These texts speak of consequence, not suggestions of a future temple.
Thanks for the response, I disagree

The text speaks about a house being built to God and animals being sacrificed, plain and simple 3rd grade reading comprehension

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The text speaks about a house being built to God and animals being sacrificed, plain and simple 3rd grade reading comprehension
verse 3, is a likening process. This process is expanded to the reality in the later part of the verse.
Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
keep it in context.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which you have failed...it doesn't say any of that.

Gill:

where is the house that ye build unto me? what house can be built for such an immense Being? and how needless as well as fruitless is it to attempt it? where can a place be found to build one in, since the heaven is his throne, and the earth his footstool?

Barnes:

Where is the house that ye build unto me? - What house can you build that will be an appropriate dwelling for him who fills heaven and earth?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
verse 3, is a likening process. This process is expanded to the reality in the later part of the verse.

keep it in context.
As I stated the text provided is self explanatory, no rocket science

I Disagree With Your Analysis

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which you have failed...it doesn't say any of that.

Gill:

where is the house that ye build unto me? what house can be built for such an immense Being? and how needless as well as fruitless is it to attempt it? where can a place be found to build one in, since the heaven is his throne, and the earth his footstool?

Barnes:

Where is the house that ye build unto me? - What house can you build that will be an appropriate dwelling for him who fills heaven and earth?
I Disagree

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Disagree

Read it in more modern English and tell me this is about a future temple that was built with holy sacrifices being made in it:

Isa 66:1 The Lord says, Heaven is the seat of my power, and earth is the resting-place for my feet: what sort of house will you make for me, and what place will be my resting-place?
Isa 66:2 For all these things my hand has made, and they are mine, says the Lord; but to this man only will I give attention, to him who is poor and broken in spirit, fearing my word.
Isa 66:3 He who puts an ox to death puts a man to death; he who makes an offering of a lamb puts a dog to death; he who makes a meal offering makes an offering of pig's blood; he who makes an offering of perfumes for a sign gives worship to an image: as they have gone after their desires, and their soul takes pleasure in their disgusting things;
Isa 66:4 So I will go after trouble for them, and will send on them what they are fearing: because no one made answer to my voice, or gave ear to my word; but they did what was evil in my eyes, going after that in which I took no pleasure.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I stated the text provided is self explanatory, no rocket science

I Disagree With Your Analysis
of course you do T77...because it undermines your eisegesis which you consider exegesis......which in your eyes validates your narrative. There's a name for that but there's no point talking about it because you would in all probability deny it. :)