Will you be caught up in the rapture or left-behind??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you be caught up in the rapture or left-behind?? 1 Thess. 4: 14-18 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left """will be caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Reactions: rebuilder 454

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you be caught up in the rapture or left-behind?? 1 Thess. 4: 14-18 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left """will be caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
I'd rather be "left behind!" Clearly, I don't believe in a Pretribulation Rapture! ;)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you have faith, you should be praying that the Rapture be great and that the tribulation be limited.

If you do this, you will receive a welcome and a respect.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Think I'm going to stay and overcome by the blood . The rapture doctrine is a setup for deception . Aint nobody coming out the grave , those who have died come back with Him

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus tells us to pray that we will be counted worthy to escape for we born-again believers are not appointed to wrath!!!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus tells us to pray that we will be counted worthy to escape for we born-again believers are not appointed to wrath!!!
Completely agree. God doesn't judge His saints--He disciplines them. However, God's wrath that we're enabled to escape from is not the same thing as tribulation and persecution. If so, then Jeremiah and Daniel missed the Rapture! Of course, you know that isn't true. The OT saints, as well as the NT saints, have experienced all kinds of tribulation, persecution, and sometimes even martyrdom. They didn't miss the Rapture!

Some believe that the final tribulation of this age is more than just persecution of the saints. Clearly, you feel this way. They believe it is God's final wrath upon this ungodly world. But if that's true, why are saints still be persecuted during this final period of tribulation? Did they miss the Rapture too? I don't personally think so. But we agree on the most important things, which is on the need to walk with Christ daily and be "overcomers." That is far more important than this issue, in my opinion.

Reactions: David in NJ

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Completely agree. God doesn't judge His saints--He disciplines them. However, God's wrath that we're enabled to escape from is not the same thing as tribulation and persecution. If so, then Jeremiah and Daniel missed the Rapture! Of course, you know that isn't true. The OT saints, as well as the NT saints, have experienced all kinds of tribulation, persecution, and sometimes even martyrdom. They didn't miss the Rapture!

Some believe that the final tribulation of this age is more than just persecution of the saints. Clearly, you feel this way. They believe it is God's final wrath upon this ungodly world. But if that's true, why are saints still be persecuted during this final period of tribulation? Did they miss the Rapture too? I don't personally think so. But we agree on the most important things, which is on the need to walk with Christ daily and be "overcomers." That is far more important than this issue, in my opinion.
Many left behind on rapture day will see their error. and repent, confess and become believers. but then they put try to live under anti-christ rule.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the conclusion of the church's extraction per 1Thess 4:13-18, not one
God-given preacher will remain anywhere on Earth, so that those preachers
who do remain, will all be cheap goods: yet there will no doubt be numerous
frightened congregations all 'round the world looking to those very same
incompetent quacks for answers just the same as they did before the
extraction.
_

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the conclusion of the church's extraction per 1Thess 4:13-18, not one
God-given preacher will remain anywhere on Earth, so that those preachers
who do remain, will all be cheap goods: yet there will no doubt be numerous
frightened congregations all 'round the world looking to those very same
incompetent quacks for answers just the same as they did before the
extraction.
_
PTL God's Word=Holy Bible and angels will still proclaim the gospel as well as two witnesses and 144000 jewish believers.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many left behind on rapture day will see their error. and repent, confess and become believers. but then they put try to live under anti-christ rule.
Save the insults for more important disagreements. We both believe the Bible.

Those who fail to listen to the warnings of judgment from the Prophets will indeed see the error of their ways when Christ returns. This is most strikingly shown at the 2nd Coming, when the Son of Man descends from heaven and all tribes of the earth "mourn."

Rev 1.7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

Please note that we do not read "those who are left behind* are ashamed and mourning. Rather, it is those who had not heeded the warning of the Prophets about preparing themselves spiritually and morally for the coming of the judge at the end of the age.

At that time, some will be separated out for judgment, while others will be shown mercy and will be, I think, restored. None of this happens at a Pretribulation Rapture. So being prepared has more to do with listening to the Prophets and living spiritual/moral lives than with "missing a secret Rapture.*

Last edited:

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
angels will still proclaim the gospel as well as two witnesses and 144000 jewish believers.

The angels, the two witnesses, and the 144,000 won't kick in right away.
Prior to their activity there will doubtless be a time of confusion and chaos
at the conclusion of the church's extraction depicted by 1Thess 4:13-18 when
the only preachers left on Earth will be quacks.
_

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago, when I lived in Orange County, CA, I wrote Walter Martin, the "Bible Answerman," and asked him to publicly deliver his Postribulational belief. Chuck Smith, of Calvary Chapel, had been promoting his Pretribulational beliefs everywhere, locally and nationally, and I felt the argument against that should be stated more clearly from a biblical point of view.

The result appeared in the following address.
This was not the emphasis Martin wanted to make, but he was up to the task, though it was not his field of expertise. I don't agree with everything he says. But I applaud him for being willing to speak plainly about this. (Martin died some years back.)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey!!! Those that choose to argue and fight against the rapture will most likely get to stay BEHIND here and try to live under anti-Christ rule but Jesus says we are to pray that we be counted worthy to escape as we born-again believersare not appointed for wrath. PTL.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in the rapture. God is against the rapture, documentation, Ezekiel chapter 13. I respect other people's beliefs. Ephesians chapter 6, the gospel armour is knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Without gospel armory on, many people will worship antichrist near future, revelation chapter 13. The gospel armour is only way past antichrist lies and deception. Satan as antichrist isnt coming on war horse. He comes in peacefully. Many people will believe satan is messiah. Some people are too lazy to study the bible. Luke chapter 16, thiers two sides of the gulf. One side is paradise, and other side is hell, its called sheol. The spiritually dead are on the side of sheol, its holding place for the spirtualty dead. Revelation chapter 20, the spirituality dead will be taught during millennium. I documented this.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Many try to deny the truth of God's Word in unbelief of His word. AND YOU???
caught up IS the rapture.
1 Thess. 4: 14-18 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left """will be caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Last edited:

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Thess 4:16 . .For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a
shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:

The deceased in Christ the world over will hear that shout, and they'll hear
the trumpet too; but I'm not really sure the whole world will hear much of
anything.

However, I've no doubt the world over will be awestruck by the number of
dead folks coming back to life at that moment. We're talking about nigh unto
2,000 years of Christians from every era since the days of Christ. That's
gotta add up to a significant number impossible to ignore.
_

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On rapture day= we who are still alive and are left """will be caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
1 Corinthins 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

Reactions: David in NJ

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd rather be "left behind!" Clearly, I don't believe in a Pretribulation Rapture! ;)
This is like telling God, "no thanks. I would prefer to remain in Adam's dead corruptible flesh as long as I can."

While the angels are gathering people from all around you and removing them from the earth, you can keep telling them, you would prefer to stay as long as possible. You can tell them that you don't believe you should be removed, but that you are fighting the good fight on your own and keeping the faith going as long as possible in Adam's dead flesh.

Clearly you have your own belief system to live out, and God should be patient with your choice to stay on the earth.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is like telling God, "no thanks. I would prefer to remain in Adam's dead corruptible flesh as long as I can."
No, Timothy. It's like saying, I don't believe in a Pretrib Rapture at all.
While the angels are gathering people from all around you and removing them from the earth, you can keep telling them, you would prefer to stay as long as possible. You can tell them that you don't believe you should be removed, but that you are fighting the good fight on your own and keeping the faith going as long as possible in Adam's dead flesh.

Clearly you have your own belief system to live out, and God should be patient with your choice to stay on the earth.