Will You Still Love Me?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 10-13-22 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tishri 16 5783 22nd. Fall Day

Will You Still Love Me?
odb20221013.jpg

Read: Romans 5:6–11 | Bible in a Year: Isaiah 41–42; 1 Thessalonians 1
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Ten-year-old Lyn-Lyn had finally been adopted, but she was afraid. In the orphanage where she’d grown up, she was punished over the slightest mistake. Lyn-Lyn asked her adoptive mom, who was a friend of mine: “Mommy, do you love me?” When my friend replied yes, Lyn-Lyn asked, “If I make a mistake, will you still love me?”

Although unspoken, some of us might ask that same question when we feel we’ve disappointed God: “Will You still love me?” We know that as long as we live in this world, we’ll fail and sin at times. And we wonder, Do my mistakes affect God’s love for me?

John 3:16 assures us of God’s love. He gave His Son, Jesus, to die on our behalf so that if we believe in Him, we’ll receive eternal life. But what if we fail Him even after we place our trust in Him? That’s when we need to remember that “Christ died for us” even when we were still sinners (Romans 5:8). If He could love us at our worst, how can we doubt His love today when we’re His children?

When we sin, our Father lovingly corrects and disciplines us. That’s not rejection (8:1); that’s love (Hebrews 12:6). Let’s live as God’s beloved children, resting in the blessed assurance that His love for us is steadfast and everlasting.

How does understanding God’s love for you strengthen you to obey Him? How does it impact your view of sin?

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your steadfast and unchanging love.

INSIGHT

In Romans 5, the apostle Paul sets up one of the most beautiful pictures of Jesus’ work on the cross. Shortly after saying that God proved His love for humanity through Christ’s death, Paul turns his attention to our death. Death, he says, became a plague over all humanity because the first Adam chose rebellion over obedience.

As a result, every human dies. But Jesus—the last Adam—chose obedience to the Father. As a result, He opened the path through death to eternal life for everyone who will believe in Him.

We were God’s enemies when He sent Jesus. We were doomed to die because of Adam’s and our own rebellion. But God didn’t give up on us. Instead, He showed us love through Jesus. And His faithfulness broke both the power of sin and death, leading us back to life.

By Karen Huang |October 13th, 2022

God's Love And Care Romans Five:6-11

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 10-13-22 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tishri 16 5783 22nd. Fall Day

Will You Still Love Me?
odb20221013.jpg

Read: Romans 5:6–11 | Bible in a Year: Isaiah 41–42; 1 Thessalonians 1
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Ten-year-old Lyn-Lyn had finally been adopted, but she was afraid. In the orphanage where she’d grown up, she was punished over the slightest mistake. Lyn-Lyn asked her adoptive mom, who was a friend of mine: “Mommy, do you love me?” When my friend replied yes, Lyn-Lyn asked, “If I make a mistake, will you still love me?”

Although unspoken, some of us might ask that same question when we feel we’ve disappointed God: “Will You still love me?” We know that as long as we live in this world, we’ll fail and sin at times. And we wonder, Do my mistakes affect God’s love for me?

John 3:16 assures us of God’s love. He gave His Son, Jesus, to die on our behalf so that if we believe in Him, we’ll receive eternal life. But what if we fail Him even after we place our trust in Him? That’s when we need to remember that “Christ died for us” even when we were still sinners (Romans 5:8). If He could love us at our worst, how can we doubt His love today when we’re His children?

When we sin, our Father lovingly corrects and disciplines us. That’s not rejection (8:1); that’s love (Hebrews 12:6). Let’s live as God’s beloved children, resting in the blessed assurance that His love for us is steadfast and everlasting.

How does understanding God’s love for you strengthen you to obey Him? How does it impact your view of sin?

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your steadfast and unchanging love.

INSIGHT

In Romans 5, the apostle Paul sets up one of the most beautiful pictures of Jesus’ work on the cross. Shortly after saying that God proved His love for humanity through Christ’s death, Paul turns his attention to our death. Death, he says, became a plague over all humanity because the first Adam chose rebellion over obedience.

As a result, every human dies. But Jesus—the last Adam—chose obedience to the Father. As a result, He opened the path through death to eternal life for everyone who will believe in Him.

We were God’s enemies when He sent Jesus. We were doomed to die because of Adam’s and our own rebellion. But God didn’t give up on us. Instead, He showed us love through Jesus. And His faithfulness broke both the power of sin and death, leading us back to life.

By Karen Huang |October 13th, 2022

God's Love And Care Romans Five:6-11

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie
Beautiful affirmation of our Abba, Father's love for us.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us also remember that the LOVE of GOD corrects . And though no chastening may seem joyous at the time
IT still works for our good . Somtimes kiddos think if they get punished it means they aint loved . AND that is a big ol fat lie from satan .
Let us remember that as well . GOD chastens and corrects all whom HE does love
and even paul had to deliver folks over to destruction of the flesh that the soul might be saved in the day of the LORD .
SO , remember often children think when they are punished or grounded it means the one doing so dont love them . BUT that aint true at all .
Todays society is teaching us all wrong . Love does correct . it truly does .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Patricia,:Amen: , it is always good to take heed of what these stories are saying.

Love, Walter
But even more important than that is that we take heed of what the bible is saying too .
Correction is not a sin . And how many kids do we know of that think just cause the parents were strict
they think they were not loved . The story of today is , LET THE CHILD DO as what it believes is best for it , THEY CALL THAT LOVE
and yet what child knows what is best for them . We have a duty and a responsibility to correct those we love .
Too many are making moutains out of mole hills about correction . Using some bad seeds as the examples .
I stand on the truth . IF WE LOVE we correct . WE DO so cause we LOVE . We dont correct cause we hate or to be mean
WE correct cause WE LOVE and desire ONLY GOOD for those .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I correct christians who claim to be gay . NOT cause i think i am better than they , nor to be mean or hateful .
ITS cause i love them and i know the path they are on is proof they know not CHRIST and the end of that is death .
Its hate to leave folks in sin and to support sin . I dont correct folks cause i think i am better
I correct them cause I LOVE THEM . TRUTH is , I dont recognize ANY LOVE that refuses to correct one in error .
GOD corrects us . The apostels corrected the church and so on the pattern should be .

Reactions: Marvelloustime