Windows11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just upgraded my computer. And while I'm happy with the upgrade I noticed that Windows11 is designed to present persistant ads. Together with the Microsoft store, maybe they should give the Software away for free. Ad supported systems shouldn't cost money.

Anyone else notice that? Wow.

For anyone that is not aware of this, check out the notifications that pop up requesting you to purchase different things. Aaarrrggghhhh.

I was so upset with the slow speed of Windows10 seeing that we all have super computers now that are bogged down with that operating system. And the endless and meaningless updates that further bother the end user. I mean what ever happened to the good old DOS days and 386 and 486 processers. It ran much better than windows 10.

-end rant! Oh, wait there's more!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just upgraded my computer. And while I'm happy with the upgrade I noticed that Windows11 is designed to present persistant ads. Together with the Microsoft store, maybe they should give the Software away for free. Ad supported systems shouldn't cost money.

Anyone else notice that? Wow.

For anyone that is not aware of this, check out the notifications that pop up requesting you to purchase different things. Aaarrrggghhhh.

I was so upset with the slow speed of Windows10 seeing that we all have super computers now that are bogged down with that operating system. And the endless and meaningless updates that further bother the end user. I mean what ever happened to the good old DOS days and 386 and 486 processers. It ran much better than windows 10.

-end rant! Oh, wait there's more!
It's all money.
They force many to purchase all these windows upgrades because they no longer allow the patches for the older systems. There is very little I use this laptop for and am going to start to decline the "upgrades" not used or needed.
Greed.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still using Windows 7 as I don't know how to upgrade.
Yeah, they kinda bogged down the operating systems, with each version more and more. You might be better off. Windows 11 is better though than Windows 10. I bought a new computer and it came with it. My old computer had a screen melt down.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all money.
They force many to purchase all these windows upgrades because they no longer allow the patches for the older systems. There is very little I use this laptop for and am going to start to decline the "upgrades" not used or needed.
Greed.
I tried blocking the updates in Windows 10 and it still required me to update, even though I had automatic update turned off :(

• Sad

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried blocking the updates in Windows 10 and it still required me to update, even though I had automatic update turned off :(
Why do you block the updates?

I went from 8.1 to 11 recently. What bothers me is that they are leaving out software that I like. I liked the old Paint. You can still download it for free, but it doesn't come with Windows 11. You can't get Movie Maker anywhere. Windows Media Player is in Windows 11 but you have to search for it.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you block the updates?

I went from 8.1 to 11 recently. What bothers me is that they are leaving out software that I like. I liked the old Paint. You can still download it for free, but it doesn't come with Windows 11. You can't get Movie Maker anywhere. Windows Media Player is in Windows 11 but you have to search for it.
There is probably no reason for updates. They are fairly useless and time consuming in my opinion.

Ilushikfhz

Jan 5, 2023
Western Sahara
Faith
Christian
Country
Cuba
Есть кто из модераторов, нужна ваша помощь в изменении моего пароля?
Может я делаю что то не так?
Нужна Ваша помощь.
Спасибо.