Winning Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:8,

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

What does it mean to win Christ? Is he your trophy at the end. Is it like a race and you get an award to win the race. What is the meaning of Paul's (that I may win Christ) statement? Look at the verse and see what you can see, Paul has taught-preached over and over the in-Christ message. Over 150 times he has the believer in Christ or Christ in the believer. He never veers from the message of Christ in you, his fear and trembling was the believer not being able to handle being separated from their false identity.

Who you think you are is false, and Paul knew the message he preached gave proper identity which can place a believer in a shocking dilemma. You think we would be more than willing to live out the new identity of being a Christian. Some do but most will live through hell on earth to come to the understanding of the "it is nolonger they that lives, but Christ lives in them," that is proper identity for believers, Galatians 2:20.

When you see believers giving excuses for hanging on to their false identity, you know they are not able to correct their own thinking at the time to come to understand. It has been such a security blanket it is impossible to let go of, but in time they will overcome and they can move on in the Lord.

So winning Christ is when the believer is able to express the true life that is in them.

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Paul is talking about the effort needed tofind Jesus.
Not everyone hears the gospel and imediatly says the sinners prayer and then lives a problem free life.
Many Christians have emotional, and personal struggles they have to deal with in order that they might accept Jesus.
No I am not saying they do works inorder to be saved, but that they have to identify those areas in their lives that are going to have to change.
They count the cost of becoming a christian.

Reactions: soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Philippians 3:8,

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

What does it mean to win Christ? Is he your trophy at the end. Is it like a race and you get an award to win the race. What is the meaning of Paul's (that I may win Christ) statement? Look at the verse and see what you can see, Paul has taught-preached over and over the in-Christ message. Over 150 times he has the believer in Christ or Christ in the believer. He never veers from the message of Christ in you, his fear and trembling was the believer not being able to handle being separated from their false identity.

Who you think you are is false, and Paul knew the message he preached gave proper identity which can place a believer in a shocking dilemma. You think we would be more than willing to live out the new identity of being a Christian. Some do but most will live through hell on earth to come to the understanding of the "it is nolonger they that lives, but Christ lives in them," that is proper identity for believers, Galatians 2:20.

When you see believers giving excuses for hanging on to their false identity, you know they are not able to correct their own thinking at the time to come to understand. It has been such a security blanket it is impossible to let go of, but in time they will overcome and they can move on in the Lord.

So winning Christ is when the believer is able to express the true life that is in them.
This is an amazing verse in Philippians 3.8; such a contrasting use of words by Paul...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi soul man,

I think this is a very perceptive statement. A lack of renewing of the mind leaves people with only their old frame of reference, the fleshy perspective.

And from that perspective, walking by faith is a leap into the unknown. As the mind is renews according to knowledge of our Creator, our familiarity with things spiritual grows, and we more easily let go of those things we've felt we needed.

We've just been studying this passage in my small group. To gain Christ, or to obtain Christ.

I think the explanation is in the phrase, "being made conformable unto His death".

Not joining Him in His death, we've already done that. But to changed into the same form as our crucifed Christ.

Presented as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptible.

I think "being made conformable to His death" is the same thing as saying "living crucified".

I think that everything spiritual that people look for in the resurrection is here for us now in life, if we will live crucified.

Paul wrote that he wants to "overtake" that for which he was "overtaken".

God came to Paul and sealed him for eternity in Christ. Paul wants the full measure of all that means, not then, not in the eternal realm, but now.

Much love!