Wisdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The video above, is going into this very tiny verse in scripture. Defining what wisdom is in the dictionary.

“He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; He who keeps understanding will find good.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭19:8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

If you would like please share what you think about this verse and how it applies to daily life today as a Christian, please feel free to do so.

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG Good to see you around here again...

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

She has killed or is killing the old man of us...

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin." Rom 6:6-7

Reactions: MatthewG and Azim

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only One place true wisdom is found, only One Person where those treasures are mined from and that is Jesus.

Colossians 2
My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.