Wishing you all the best and hope to see you in eternity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I haven't been a long time member. I came here with hope and excitement that I would be able to have some good and vigorous discussions and debates and be challenged on issues.

I really appreciate many conversations I've had - both public and private behind the scenes, and the patience and love that some have shown towards me expressing their differing viewpoints and especially those that have taken the time to address each question I've asked in detail.

With that I feel it's respectful to explain my going away because I do appreciate much of the time and love people have shown to me here and don't want to leave in silence.

Sadly, what I've been observing seems to be a growing toxic environment. There seems to be a rise in responses that at least from my perspective appears to be increasingly done out of emotion, a desire to argue, out of conceit, or out of self-righteousness rather than done with the spirit of love or esteeming others better then themselves. The end result of those posts seems to be to increase hurt, anger, or arguments instead of to convict, to lovingly correct, encourage or build up. I'm reminded that as the end draws near the agape love of many will grow cold, and I'm concerned I'm seeing that occur here.

The posts I'm referring to are numerous in source. Some appear to mostly post argumentatively. Some seem to post good content but be drawn into arguments by others, and some appear to try and stay posting in love but get drowned out by the others. I have no problems with rebuke - if it's done in the right spirit.

For those that have been observing the same and understand where I'm coming from - I would like to leave you with this thought: - to kindly remind you that all of us will be required to give an account for each and every word we have written here. Please be very careful not to respond to these posts in the same spirit you perceive that they are written but to either withhold your pearls - or ensure that you respond in love.

Either way as I reflect back on the last number of months I have to acknowledge that it seems every visit I've had when I've come in good spirits, I have left disheartened by many attitudes I perceive in the content I've been reading - leaving feeling a spirit of deep depression over me and not one of encouragement.

I'm not making any accusations against any individuals and I know that only God knows a persons heart, but I am inspecting the content - and the fruit from these posts - in both my own life, and in the responses I see they generate and can't help but conclude what I observe is not healthy.

I'm the kind of person that can take a good challenge - in fact I appreciate people challenging me in tough ways... provided it's done in the spirit of love and with humility. I seek out differing opinions to try and expand different views and perspectives. But I've been posting less because when I consider whether or not my posts may lead to good or bad fruit - I too fear the latter - my contributions will only cause a platform for some to respond with attacks rather than be received in the spirit which I post them.

I get it. I've frequented forums for over 2 decades and go back to the old usenet forums (showing my age). Dwelling on usenet - I think in many ways they worked better as it almost self-moderated with the threads and branches, but I degress... I get there will always be the chaff to sift through. There will always be some conflicts. However the good I'm gleaning from this place (and I appreciate that there is much good being posted) - but it is being outweighed by the bad. Whether my perception is right or wrong - I can't deny the fruit I'm gleaning from my visits is not healthy and I need to take action to protect my own well-being and also ensure that I don't cause others to fall from any content I may post.

I leave with no bitterness, but just with disappointment in seeing believers increasingly behave this way. I hold nothing but love for each and everyone of you. I truly wish you all the best, and hope that "it's just me" and that everyone else is getting more encouragement and good fruit from this forum than bad. Either way, I've realised this just isn't the right forum for me and look forward to seeing you all in the next life to come when all of our problems will be washed away and we can see each other in His righteousness.

If I have offended or hurt anyone with posts I've made, I am truly sorry and ask for your forgiveness. No post I've made was ever intended to hurt or cause division - and I have done my best to prayerfully consider my posts before hitting the 'submit' button.

Please note - I won't be replying publicly to this or any other public posts, so please don't take my lack of response here as being arrogant. Rather - if anyone would like to talk to me - please feel free to PM me or 'start a conversation' and I will keep my account open for a while for that purpose.

Shalom, and I hope to embrace each and every one of you on that glorious day!

The member known as "Scoot".

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't been a long time member. I came here with hope and excitement that I would be able to have some good and vigorous discussions and debates and be challenged on issues.

I really appreciate many conversations I've had - both public and private behind the scenes, and the patience and love that some have shown towards me expressing their differing viewpoints and especially those that have taken the time to address each question I've asked in detail.

With that I feel it's respectful to explain my going away because I do appreciate much of the time and love people have shown to me here and don't want to leave in silence.

Sadly, what I've been observing seems to be a growing toxic environment. There seems to be a rise in responses that at least from my perspective appears to be increasingly done out of emotion, a desire to argue, out of conceit, or out of self-righteousness rather than done with the spirit of love or esteeming others better then themselves. The end result of those posts seems to be to increase hurt, anger, or arguments instead of to convict, to lovingly correct, encourage or build up. I'm reminded that as the end draws near the agape love of many will grow cold, and I'm concerned I'm seeing that occur here.

The posts I'm referring to are numerous in source. Some appear to mostly post argumentatively. Some seem to post good content but be drawn into arguments by others, and some appear to try and stay posting in love but get drowned out by the others. I have no problems with rebuke - if it's done in the right spirit.

For those that have been observing the same and understand where I'm coming from - I would like to leave you with this thought: - to kindly remind you that all of us will be required to give an account for each and every word we have written here. Please be very careful not to respond to these posts in the same spirit you perceive that they are written but to either withhold your pearls - or ensure that you respond in love.

Either way as I reflect back on the last number of months I have to acknowledge that it seems every visit I've had when I've come in good spirits, I have left disheartened by many attitudes I perceive in the content I've been reading - leaving feeling a spirit of deep depression over me and not one of encouragement.

I'm not making any accusations against any individuals and I know that only God knows a persons heart, but I am inspecting the content - and the fruit from these posts - in both my own life, and in the responses I see they generate and can't help but conclude what I observe is not healthy.

I'm the kind of person that can take a good challenge - in fact I appreciate people challenging me in tough ways... provided it's done in the spirit of love and with humility. I seek out differing opinions to try and expand different views and perspectives. But I've been posting less because when I consider whether or not my posts may lead to good or bad fruit - I too fear the latter - my contributions will only cause a platform for some to respond with attacks rather than be received in the spirit which I post them.

I get it. I've frequented forums for over 2 decades and go back to the old usenet forums (showing my age). Dwelling on usenet - I think in many ways they worked better as it almost self-moderated with the threads and branches, but I degress... I get there will always be the chaff to sift through. There will always be some conflicts. However the good I'm gleaning from this place (and I appreciate that there is much good being posted) - but it is being outweighed by the bad. Whether my perception is right or wrong - I can't deny the fruit I'm gleaning from my visits is not healthy and I need to take action to protect my own well-being and also ensure that I don't cause others to fall from any content I may post.

I leave with no bitterness, but just with disappointment in seeing believers increasingly behave this way. I hold nothing but love for each and everyone of you. I truly wish you all the best, and hope that "it's just me" and that everyone else is getting more encouragement and good fruit from this forum than bad. Either way, I've realised this just isn't the right forum for me and look forward to seeing you all in the next life to come when all of our problems will be washed away and we can see each other in His righteousness.

If I have offended or hurt anyone with posts I've made, I am truly sorry and ask for your forgiveness. No post I've made was ever intended to hurt or cause division - and I have done my best to prayerfully consider my posts before hitting the 'submit' button.

Please note - I won't be replying publicly to this or any other public posts, so please don't take my lack of response here as being arrogant. Rather - if anyone would like to talk to me - please feel free to PM me or 'start a conversation' and I will keep my account open for a while for that purpose.

God bless, Scoot!

My apologies if I didn't always have time to explain things as clearly as maybe you were asking for. I recall you expressed interest in some things.

But best of wishes to you, and I hope you find a forum or place where your spirit can be edified and strengthened in Christ.

If you should ever find your way back here in the future, maybe it will be at a time when the atmosphere is better. The 2020 election has allowed some very bad spirits to get ahold of people, but I'm believing that divisiveness will give way to a greater Spirit of peace down the road, even if it takes many months.

God bless, and enjoyed your company while we had it!
Hidden

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P.S. Keep on keeping on in Christ!

skaing-a-bowl.gif

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am sorry Scoot. You are not the only one who has expressed this concern. God does great things, and I believe that He will do great things here on CB. It is a matter of prayer.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm sad to see you go. I don't think you and I crossed paths very often, but I hope I didn't offend you in any way!

I'm afraid that the sour political climate of this election cycle has added to the discord on this forum. And even though I've tried to be civil, I have failed at times. But reading your post has reminded me of what is really important, and I thank you for that!

May the Lord bless you and keep you in His loving care!

Reactions: amadeus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry to see you go. Your right on the money this forum is very toxic. If I have wronged you I humbly apologize

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You hit the nail right on the head,.. it's toxic. The only reason that I stay here myself is because of my friends on here.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is happening everywhere, not just on this forum. Constantly insulting others and attacking their character isn't just bad debating, it is unchristian.

I may join you. My time would be better spent elsewhere for sure.

Base12 out.

Reactions: April_Rose

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry to see you go. And for some perhaps that is the only course that works. I'll be staying and can handle the rough approach of some. I'm strong in my convictions and knowledge of God, as he has taught me much.