witchcraft..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
have you ever known or been around someone who practices witchcraft? have u ever been the victim of it? It is real.

Here's what's interesting (scary): If it seems like those who practice it actually do have power over you, even though u are Christian, it is probably b/c they DO have power over you. There is a psg in the Bible (I've read the whole thing) that says (I believe this pertains to the Last Days) there will come a time when God will allow the anti-Christ persons of the world ("Even now, there are many anti-Christs in the world" He said) to have power over christians. That is hard to believe, but it is there.

So if you ever feel that the devil has gotten over on you somehow, you can remember those words in the Bible.

that said, there are things u can do to have power over the Evil One (and his hideous human followers). One thing that works for me is repetitious prayer, especially the rosary. Another thing (even better) is being in the Church. Jesus said that the very gates of Hell would NOT prevail over His Church. (Mt 16:18) I have noticed when i am physically in the Catholic Church, "things" are different as pertains to my personal life, the things i think about, etc. There are many things un-Christ-like in the Catholic Church right now, but Jesus promised He would never leave or forsake us. His Presence is there regardless of the evil in the clergy (and parishioners).

It is in Mt 28:20 where Jesus promises this, that He would never leave us.

When i am in His Presence in the Church.. I barely think of what is going on outside the Church, in this anti-Christ environment we are forced to live in.. It is mysterious there, so there is far more to say about it than just this that i am saying.. but anyway.

:huh:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

have you ever known or been around someone who practices witchcraft? have u ever been the victim of it? It is real.
Yes I have...there are at least 25 known covenants in my area. Those who practice witchcraft enjoy the challenge of destroying believers. I have encountered witches using astral travel, trying to enter my property. They are very quickly removed by the power of the Holy Spirit. The enemy has no authority over a believer unless we believe their lies. The bible tells us that he who is in us, is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 ~ Shalom!

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
Angelina said:
Yes I have...there are at least 25 known covenants in my area. Those who practice witchcraft enjoy the challenge of destroying believers. I have encountered witches using astral travel, trying to enter my property. They are very quickly removed by the power of the Holy Spirit. The enemy has no authority over a believer unless we believe their lies. The bible tells us that he who is in us, is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 ~ Shalom!
you mean Covens

but in any case, thank you for this, it was uplifting b/c sometimes I forget that "the One who is in" us is more powerful. Of course, one has to be free of serious sin if s/he wants God to protect from evil. And then there are cases when people really are overtaken by evil.. I think of St Thomas More who was "overcome" as it were (in the eyes of the world he was overcome) by the evil of King Henry VIII

But he is a saint now and the King is probably burning in Hell

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
StanJ said:
Vancouver Island, in British Columbia is notorious for being full of Wiccan.
StanJ said:
Vancouver Island, in British Columbia is notorious for being full of Wiccan.
thanks for the heads up.. not that I was planning on going there any time soon

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
hatedbyall said:
you mean Covens

but in any case, thank you for this, it was uplifting b/c sometimes I forget that "the One who is in" us is more powerful. Of course, one has to be free of serious sin if s/he wants God to protect from evil. And then there are cases when people really are overtaken by evil.. I think of St Thomas More who was "overcome" as it were (in the eyes of the world he was overcome) by the evil of King Henry VIII

But he is a saint now and the King is probably burning in Hell

Oh sorry. Didn't mean to write covenants :D. I see.... :unsure:

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
thanks for the heads up.. not that I was planning on going there any time soon
I guess my point is you wouldn't know it just by going there. I have been there a few times when I lived in Vancouver and it just wasn't apparent.
I knew because of Christians who did live there and spoke about it. This is not something that Wiccan themselves would want to promote, in my opinion.

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
StanJ said:
I guess my point is you wouldn't know it just by going there. I have been there a few times when I lived in Vancouver and it just wasn't apparent.
I knew because of Christians who did live there and spoke about it. This is not something that Wiccan themselves would want to promote, in my opinion.
what isn't?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My ex-wife practiced that as a matter of fact.. That played a small part in our divorce. A wiccan and a follower of Christ don't mend well. lol

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
Born_Again said:
My ex-wife practiced that as a matter of fact.. That played a small part in our divorce. A wiccan and a follower of Christ don't mend well. lol
did you know that b4 marrying her?

yeh, there was a time in my life when i didn't realize how absolutely wrong it is to be "unequally yoked with unbelievers" I think that is 1 or 2 Cor 6:14? not sure, but i found out the hardest way possible how one must be intimate (using the term generically, not just romantically) only with a like-minded, like-hearted person!

anyway, just curious.. in case u dont mind talking about it..

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
The minions of Satan, including wiccans, don't have any more power over a Christian than we give them.
I recommend taking the full armor of God. As long as you are equipped with God's armor, you can fend off any attacks by any witches, or demons, or whatever Satan may throw at you.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
yeh, there was a time in my life when i didn't realize how absolutely wrong it is to be "unequally yoked with unbelievers" I think that is 1 or 2 Cor 6:14? not sure, but i found out the hardest way possible how one must be intimate (using the term generically, not just romantically) only with a like-minded, like-hearted person!
You have commonly misquoted this scripture, as many do. It does not say unequally yoked it says yoked. The point of a yoke is that only animals of equal size could be yoked together. People who worked with oxen or the like knew that this would not be a good practice and Paul was referring to this when stating what he did in 2Cor 6:14. What is funny is that this misquote basically conveys what Paul was saying even though he didn't use the word unequally. :)

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
StanJ said:
You have commonly misquoted this scripture, as many do. It does not say unequally yoked it says yoked. The point of a yoke is that only animals of equal size could be yoked together. People who worked with oxen or the like knew that this would not be a good practice and Paul was referring to this when stating what he did in 2Cor 6:14. What is funny is that this misquote basically conveys what Paul was saying even though he didn't use the word unequally. :)
i didn't misquote anything. Contrary to your anticatholic mindset, Catholics are as capable of understand Jesus's words as anyone else, at least most of them anyway. There are seeming contradictions in the Bible that we need a Church to infallibly interpret... but something like 75% of the Bible can be u/stood by just about anyone

Catholics, contrary to the "wisdom" of the anti-Christ world... are not all retarded. Again, i have a high IQ, believe it or not..

(and you probably don't, just b/c I am Catholic) sigh

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
What version are you using, Stan?

My King James does say "unequally yoked":

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Checking Strong's, it "yokes" the entire phrase "unequally yoked together" and gives this definition:

G2086 (Strong)

ἑτεροζυγέω

heterozugeō

het-er-od-zoog-eh'-o

From a compound of G2087 and G2218; to yoke up differently, that is, (figuratively) to associate discordantly: - unequally yoke together with.

Total KJV occurrences:

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
i didn't misquote anything. Contrary to your anticatholic mindset, Catholics are as capable of understand Jesus's words as anyone else, at least most of them anyway. There are seeming contradictions in the Bible that we need a Church to infallibly interpret... but something like 75% of the Bible can be u/stood by just about anyone
Catholics, contrary to the "wisdom" of the anti-Christ world... are not all retarded. Again, i have a high IQ, believe it or not..
(and you probably don't, just b/c I am Catholic) sigh
Yes you did. The Greek doesn't use unequally. The Greek word is ἑτεροζυγέω (heterozygeō) for yoke, as I've already explained. You'll find I'm the least biased when it comes to Roman Catholics here than most people because I used to be a Roman Catholic. I left the Roman Catholic church because of the doctor and not because of the people. Only a problem with Roman class likes when they don't understand what the Bible actually says. In this case you're apparently one of those that doesn't understand. Maybe you should read my post again?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Checking Strong's, it "yokes" the entire phrase "unequally yoked together" and gives this definition:

G2086 (Strong)
ἑτεροζυγέω
heterozugeō
het-er-od-zoog-eh'-o
From a compound of G2087 and G2218; to yoke up differently, that is, (figuratively) to associate discordantly: - unequally yoke together with.
Total KJV occurrences:

The NIV as I normally do Barrd. Yes the Greek does convey a mismatch, but "unequally" is redundant. What Paul is conveying is that you can no more yoke to an unbeliever than you can a horse and an oxen. The word itself implies being mismatched.

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
StanJ said:
Yes you did. The Greek doesn't use unequally. The Greek word is ἑτεροζυγέω (heterozygeō) for yoke, as I've already explained. You'll find I'm the least biased when it comes to Roman Catholics here than most people because I used to be a Roman Catholic. I left the Roman Catholic church because of the doctor and not because of the people. Only a problem with Roman class likes when they don't understand what the Bible actually says. In this case you're apparently one of those that doesn't understand. Maybe you should read my post again?
no, i am not reading it again and probably shouldn't read any of your posts. I skimmed over all that stuff about Greek this and that b/c i trust the Church more than i do some malcontent who left the Church for God knows what reason... I trust the 2000 yr old Church Christ founded over humans.. just funny that way

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
The Barrd said:

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:
Thank you.

not accusing Stan of this, but it seems some folks think if they say Greek (this/that) and etc.. everyone is suppsed to believe them. Well, Jesus spoke Aramaic and Hebrew, not Greek, for one thing. For another, the Bible is far more complicated (in some ways) than most non-PhD holders realize, which is why we need a church to infallibly interpret psgs when there are different human interpretations..

Are we to believe Jesus didn't know this beforehand? (that we humans would struggle to understand certain difficult psgs?) Yes, He knew. He is God (as well as human)

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
no, i am not reading it again and probably shouldn't read any of your posts. I skimmed over all that stuff about Greek this and that b/c i trust the Church more than i do some malcontent who left the Church for God knows what reason... I trust the 2000 yr old Church Christ founded over humans.. just funny that way
Well here is what The New American Bible, the official Bible of the Catholic Church, says;
Do not be yoked with those who are different, with unbelievers. For what partnership do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness?

So if you trust your church then why are you disagreeing with it?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
hatedbyall said:
Thank you.
not accusing Stan of this, but it seems some folks think if they say Greek (this/that) and etc.. everyone is suppsed to believe them. Well, Jesus spoke Aramaic and Hebrew, not Greek, for one thing. For another, the Bible is far more complicated (in some ways) than most non-PhD holders realize, which is why we need a church to infallibly interpret psgs when there are different human interpretations..
Are we to believe Jesus didn't know this beforehand? (that we humans would struggle to understand certain difficult psgs?) Yes, He knew. He is God (as well as human)
I use Greek, basically because many people like you use the KJV and it does not always convey the actual Greek. The Greek is what is inspired not the KJV as some people are brainwashed into thinking. Now that I've given you what the New American Bible says, are you further ahead in your understanding or are you going to stick with what you think you know?
BTW, how long have you been saved and how long have you been studying the Bible? In my case that would be 45 years for both.