Woman of 3 children dies in contest

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
You're right, SilentFlight, on the tape recording, those DJs were joking that someone might die from drinking too much water.Not too long before this, someone did die of drinking too much water and that was on national news outlets, so they knew about it, I'm sure.I can picture a young mother going all out to win the prize for her kids and because there was no brains at the radio station; ends up dying.I'm sure all the participants thought that they wouldn't be allowed to drink too much water out of safety precautions.I don't participate in crap like that-I rarely listen to music on the radio, but I was young once and if people are honest most will say they did some foolish things when they were young and are grateful they are still around to tell about it!!Sometimes it works out that they're not still around to tell about it.

jessioverbey

Jan 9, 2007
i also heard of this and i think that they should get sued over this. especially when the dj stated that, that's why all who took paprt in this contest had to sign a waiver. and if i had to sign a waiver, i would question the dj or whom ever had the contest, to find out what all was involved and what the negative effects would be, if i were to do this contest. and it's sad to say, that the dj/radio station will probably win the case, because of the fact that the lady did sign the waiver. stating that the radio staion would not be responsible of any problems that would occure from doing the contest. i think the family should sue any way. just to stand up and fight for there lost loved one, but i will be glad to see if they actually win. just my thought on this. jessica

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
I agree with you Jessica, they should win big.The waiver shouldn't mean anything, it's still up to the business to make sure that they have a safe contest. They furnished the water, the rules, the other participants; so they're liable.What bothers me is the fired 10 scumbags to disconnect the corporate office with the contest. The people that put on that ridicious contest can try to diappear in the woodwork.And the corporate office can claim they didn't know anything about it.I hope there's a sharp lawyer working on this.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
If I'm not mistaken I think a nurse called the radio station and informed them that this was dangerous and that someone could die

Carer

Oct 10, 2006
Well, I'm afraid I am going to set the cat among the pigeons here.In one sense I agree that the organisers have some liability in this ridiculous situation for allowing this disgusting event in the first place.On the other hand, from what I understand, the contestants were warned not to take part if the didn't think they could cope with it. There must be 'warning signs' that people experience when they 'overdo' things. You don't 'all of a sudden' just collapse and die. If people ignore the warning signs and continue to do whatever it is they are doing, then some measure of responisibility has to lay with that person. In the same way as the 'smokers' and 'drinkers' who choose to ignore warnings have to bear some of the responsibility for the consequences of their actions.I would say though, that this contest and others like it, never should have been allowed in the first place. Things like this 'prey' on those who cannot afford certain things and those who's greed for material things will make them do anything. One can only hope that this tragic event will deter others from taking such risks.

MindCreations

Jul 25, 2006
Common sense should have told these people that what they were doing was not good. Too much of anything can extremely damage someone, even if it is something as 'harmless' as water.The reason why they probably did not feel any 'warning signs' is because they consumed the water so quickly that their body did not have time to send those warning signals to the brain to say "Whoa, this is definitely not a good idea." People can keep on drinking or eating when they are already full because it takes at least 20 minutes for the brain to tell the rest of the body that it's full and doesn't need anything else.I agree that the radio show is responsible for this, but also agree with Carer in the fact that those people participated in it willingly. People are just going crazy over the Nintendo Wii that they will do just about anything to get their hands on one because there is not enough supply to meet demand. I heard that the family wanted to sue Nintendo as well, which I think is a bit over the top since I doubt they had anything to do with the contest itself.