1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women ruling over the people...not a good thing.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by justbyfaith, Feb 8, 2019.

1. VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    (Isaiah 9:15-17)
    [15] The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail. [16] For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.

“...they that are led of them are destroyed.” Those led of God will not be ashamed.

Jeremiah 23:30-32
    [30] Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord , that steal my words every one from his neighbour. [31] Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord , that use their tongues, and say, He saith. [32] Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord , and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord .

Job 6:23-25
    [23] Or, Deliver me from the enemy's hand? or, Redeem me from the hand of the mighty? [24] Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred. [25] How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?

Isaiah 19:14-16
    [14] The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit. [15] Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush, may do. [16] In that day shall Egypt be like unto women: and it shall be afraid and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the Lord of hosts, which he shaketh over it.

“The Lord hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst...” for His purpose and will.

Isaiah 30:28
    [28] And his breath, as an overflowing stream, shall reach to the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.

“...to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity...” For His good purpose and will.

Isaiah 63:17-18
    [17] O Lord , why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance. [18] The people of thy holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have trodden down thy sanctuary.

“O Lord, why have you made us to err from your ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear?” “Return for thy servants’ sake, the tribes of your inheritance.” for His good purpose and will. Acts 14:14-17 Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of , they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, [15] And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: [16] Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways. [17] Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

“I thought God was all sovereign? Is there really anything that happens in this world outside of his control?”

He IS all sovereign.

Acolyte and Waiting on him like this.
  2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That is exactly the way I see it as well! Seems clear enough to me. But, nothing will change with those who think God won't use a woman to speak His word?!! Are women not included in the Great Commission? ♥

3. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    And so also was a man to dress modestly?
    And so also was a man to be sober?
    And so also was a man to be silent in Church and Listen to the Preacher?
    And so also was a man to learn subjection to other men?
    And so also was man to not have authority over another mans household?
    And was Eve deceived because her husband did not teach her how to avoid temptation?
    And so was Adam as well tempted by Eve?

And so when men began divorcing their wives, Did women become forbidden to head up their household, learn the word of God, teach their children, share their learning with other people?

When the Church age began, is when women began attending the meetings. Get a few women together and they talk, and so also were they doing so when they began attending Church. Simply a matter of politely telling the women to Come to attendance in Church with their two ears open and their one mouth shut. Something the men had been doing for centuries in the Temples.

God Bless,
    Taken

4. Waiting on him

Waiting on him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    My mother is a woman, that’s taught me alot

VictoryinJesus likes this.
  5. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The prohibition is against a woman teaching or usurping authority over a man.

In certain other places, women are mandated to teach other women and the children.

This is how they fulfill the Great Commission in God's established order.

6. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Did not Jesus Himself teach all men, women, and children? I have been to many "women's" bible studies and not nearly enough of a mixed group-men and women. Tomorrow starts a brand new bible study with men and women, married and single, old and young and in between...those are where I learn the best and, each person will take lead on the study each week...man OR woman.
    As far as a woman "usurping" over a male of the species, when have any of us seen a woman taking a position of power by force or illegally??? Since that is pretty much the definition of "usurp".
    JMHO

7. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Evil Hillary Clinton was a good example, and it is only because of ILLEGAL voter fraud that she achieved her numbers (as did the Democrats in the last election). And what do you think this phony Mueller Witch Hunt is all about other than an illegal coup against Trump?

Then we have Athaliah in Scripture, another very evil woman.
    "When Athaliah received word that her son was dead, she seized the opportunity to usurp the throne by murdering Ahaziah’s sons—her own grandsons—thus eradicating the entire royal family so she could take the throne".
    Who was Athaliah in the Bible?

Acolyte likes this.
  8. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    And your point is?

Like any other subject which is argued via bible verses...
    One 'side' of the issue make the other null and void...

Gal 3:28
    " There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. "

This is , once again, a circular argument thread.

Those that agree, and those who don't.

Nancy likes this.
  9. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    It sounds a little like fear on their part to me...what are they afraid of?
    Many years ago we had a couple who had a good strong ministry.
    Later we found out that he was VERY very jealous of his wife...because when she preached , people were touch, broke, and wanted to know how to 'go deeper' into God Himself , and give them self more fully to the Lord.

When he preached , it was okay...but he was always a bit on the dry side.
    God's anointed word does not come via either the male or female...but by the yielded vessel being used of Him, whichever gender it happens to be.

Bless you...H

10. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "It sounds a little like fear on their part to me..." ;)

11. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think it got something to do with selfish pride.

"ByGrace" and Nancy like this.
  12. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Galatians 3:28 does not mean that the difference between men and women is null and void. It means that we are all in Christ whether we are male or female...being male, female, Jewish, Greek, bond or free, does not exclude a person form being in Christ.

This does not change the fact that men are made differently from women.

1Ti 2:13, For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
    1Ti 2:14, And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Men are primarily analytical, women are primarily emotional. The way men and women handle conflict is different. Women tend to have a different pov on certain issues than do men.

And the fact remains that Isaiah 3:12 tells us that it is not a good thing for women to rule.

That is the bottom line; and I know that of course there will be arguments, even some that seem to be scripturally based, against the scripture at hand; it remains that the holy scriptures do not contradict themselves.

The verdict is out:

Isa 3:12, As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

13. mjrhealth

mjrhealth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    And you are still living under the flesh and works, all good.

14. justbyfaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Also, preaching an evangelistic message is not the same thing as teaching or ruling (usurping the authority).

The NT prohibition is concerning being the Senior Pastor, in charge of the affairs within the church...

It has nothing to do with the anointing to preach.

A male can glean insight from the word as coming from a female even while he sits over her as a protective covering.

Because women are more prone to being deceived than are men, a woman is not to preach unless she has a protective covering of a man to correct her in the case that she says something that is off-base; and in accepting the mandate to preach she must be willing to be corrected publicly in that case.

Nevertheless, this thread is not primarily about whether women are allowed to preach or not, but about whether it is a good thing for them to rule.

I believe that the scripture in the OP testifies that it would not be a good thing for women to rule...

However the proof will be in the pudding, it can be measured in the blessedness of each state that has a woman over it as opposed to the blessedness of each state that will have a man ruling over it.

15. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why would Christian man or woman want to rule the dung heap?

16. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I certainly don't want a woman as president of this country! They are too emotional and never admit they are wrong....lol!

Waiting on him and Acolyte like this.
  17. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is why plural marriage is wrong, man can’t serve two masters!

18. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    :confused: LOL

19. VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Good verse. The ostrich. For a while I had this passage of the ostrich on a wall for needed prayer because like you it seemed to connect to the deminishing love of mothers for their children. Not all. But many pulling away from the natural bond and affection between mother and child. But with another glance we have to acknowledge God is speaking something profound here in “her labour is in vain(flesh) without fear.” God deprived her of wisdom(the Spirit) and has not parted to her understanding.

He is the one who gives.

Psalm 111:4-10
    [4] He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the Lord is gracious and full of compassion. [5] He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant. [6] He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen. [7] The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. [8] They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness. [9] He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name. [10] The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments : his praise endureth for ever.

“her labour is in vain(flesh) without fear.” God deprived her of wisdom(the Spirit) and has not parted to her understanding.“

20. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    A person could make a good argument here as this being the apostate church.
    I mean even the sea monsters draw out the breast to their little ones?

VictoryinJesus likes this.