Wonderful News!! :D

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My fiancee and I are staying together, the wedding's still on!! We have problems, but we just worked them out and are deciding to stay together through our struggles. :D @JohnDB, @historyb, @Seven of Nine. :D
I recently heard that there was a time that a man and a woman were married when they first slept together. I spoke with a young man a while back. He loves Jesus, however, he and his girl have decided to not do the wedding ceremony. They are expecting!
Say you have 2 couples.
One couple gets married and has children. The parents expected each other to meet their needs and when this didn't happen, they got bitter. It ended in divorce, with the kids left wondering what they did to cause it.
The other couple was 2 lonely people when they met. They became intimate and realized how happy they were together. They ended up getting their own place and took life as it came. They realized it was them against the world. They became one.
They had children and stayed together, at times white-knuckling it. They ended up with grand and great-grandkids. The world around them was blessed because they stayed together.
Who do I think has blessed God? P.S. Many animal species mate for life. Sounds like a good plan to me. Shalom.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My fiancee and I are staying together, the wedding's still on!! We have problems, but we just worked them out and are deciding to stay together through our struggles. :D @JohnDB, @historyb, @Seven of Nine. :D
Just a little word of advice.

Those problems and struggles you working through....
Before you get married agree to forgive and forget whatever caused friction.
Because sometimes those little things have a way of creeping up on ya 10-20 years down the road.
And what you once thought was water under the bridge, can drown you.

When you say worked them out, I just hope your not saying swept them under the rug.. for now.

Relationships are always a work in progress.
That's why I retired from mine 6 years ago.
Somethings we thought would iron out over time
just kept coming back to haunt us.
The work became a burden neither one of us wanted to share.

I am happy with you!
I know that feeling :)
HUGS

Reactions: April_Rose

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are secrets to a trustworthy relationship...

For example:

1) Never LIE. (To Them or anyone) (there is no such thing as a little white lie)

2) half-truths intended to deceive- IS deception.

3) always speak (to whomever) as if your partner is standing next to you, listening.

4) compromise IS inevitable. BE willing to give as much as you are willing to receive.

5) keep your private lives private

6) deal with the small stuff on a small scale, find the humor in it rather than the anger.

- the Big Picture IS:
Men and Women in a relationship ARE in "Training" for a Committed "no divorce, permanent trusting relationship with God, through Christ".

- And WHY- A True and Valid commitment TO God through Christ of Both the man and women, sets the stage for both the man and woman to "knowingly" be ON the Same page, of an expectation For Two humans to have a trustworthy, loving relationship.

It's the same concept- speak To and Behind the Back of the Other AS IF Christ is listening...Because He is.

Meaning in brief- However it would appall you, anger you, hurt you, crush you, by Christ's negative treatment toward you...the same effect would occur, per a man and woman's treatment toward each other.

Best Wishes for a loving trusting relationship for you and your partner.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: April_Rose