Words are also fruit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 10, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Just as every good tree brings forth good fruit, so does a bad tree bring forth evil[/SIZE]. Many understand our actions are works or fruit, but did you know the words we speak are also like fruit?

[SIZE=medium]Proverbs 18:20[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Proverbs 18:21[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Death[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 57:19[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord; and I will heal him.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Hebrews 13:15[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jesus said in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Matthew 12:36[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.” Jesus also said in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Matthew 12:34[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]And again in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Luke 6:45[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil[/SIZE] treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.”

[SIZE=medium]Jesus said in Matthew 15:11 “[/SIZE]Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.” Jesus went on to say in Matthew 15:17-20 “ Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?[SIZE=small]18 [/SIZE]But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.[SIZE=small]19 [/SIZE]For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:[SIZE=small]20 [/SIZE]These are the things which defile a man: …..”

[SIZE=medium]The words a man speaks defiling the man is also confirmed in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]James 3:6[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defile[/SIZE]th the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.”

[SIZE=medium]We are told in [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]1 Peter 3:10[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] :For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil[/SIZE], and his lips that they speak no guile:”

And again in James we are told [SIZE=medium]James 1:26[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain[/SIZE].”

And again in James 3:10-18 “Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.[SIZE=small]11 [/SIZE]Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
[SIZE=medium]12 [/SIZE]Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.[SIZE=small]13 [/SIZE]Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
[SIZE=medium]14 [/SIZE]But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
[SIZE=medium]15 [/SIZE]This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.[SIZE=small]16 [/SIZE]For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.[SIZE=small]17 [/SIZE]But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.[SIZE=small]18 [/SIZE]And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.”

[SIZE=medium]Peace and God bless[/SIZE]

Reactions: James W

James W

Dec 17, 2015
S.W Michigan for now
Amen and Amen !! This is a topic very dear to my heart and one God has been working in me for some time now. Once we get a hold of the fact that Our Own Words do very much dictate our future or the events that do or do not happen in our life, well it will change your life big time.

Words go way beyond the question of - is this the sort of speech God would want to hear.
Words work for or against us. Just as much as God is searching for His word to be spoken and released by us - the devil is after our every word as well. See the devil understands the power of words and he uses this against you. Our words can give him a shot at us that he did not have coming or give him an area to work against you or your prayers etc. Words are life and words are death and blessing and cursing.

The problem that people don't see - when we speak Gods word we must stand and fight the good fight of faith because our enemy the devil comes right then and there to steel, kill and destroy for the words sake. The devil fights against our words of faith.

No then on the flip side - we are the ones who have to fight against words we say that are opposed to Gods word. The devil will jump on them in a heart beat and that is why James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

The word course can be changed to Wheel so we read the wheel of nature.
This means our words set things into motion and what James is showing us is that any word opposed to Gods written word - begins the "wheel of nature" and it is set on fire of hell. We are the only ones who can stop this wheel of nature from rolling and this is done by speaking the word of God over it and rendering them powerless.

I kept this short as it is my first post. ;)
God Bless
James W