Words of Wisdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Baruch 4:1-4 Wisdom is in the Book of God’s Commandments. All who hold fast to it will live, but those who forsake it will die. Happy are we, His people, for we know what is pleasing to our God.

Baruch 4:5-11 Take heart, My people, those who keep My Laws. Israel was sent to the heathens, but not to be destroyed. Because you ignited God’s wrath, you were handed over to the enemy. You forgot your Maker, the One who nurtured you and it caused sorrow to the Land that fostered you. She saw that disaster had come upon you. With joy I brought you up, but with tears and mourning, I watched you go into exile.

Baruch 4:17-24 But how can you be helped? Only the One who brought those disasters upon you, can deliver you. Take heart My children – cry out to the Lord. He will rescue you from the power of your enemies. As the neighbours of Zion have seen your exile, so will they soon witness the deliverance of you, which will come to you with great glory and the radiance of the Eternal.

Baruch 4:25-29 My children, endure in patience the wrath that God has brought upon you. Your enemies now have the upper hand, but you will soon see them destroyed, soon put your foot on his neck. Take heart, My people, He who afflicted you will not forget you. You went astray, now with tenfold zeal, you must turn back and seek Him. [As faithful Christians]

Baruch 4:30-35 Take heart, Land of Israel, the Lord will comfort you. Wretched will be they who mistreated you and gloated over your fall. Those who rejoiced over your downfall and ruin, they will grieve at their own desolation. I shall strip their land of the multitudes they boast of and turn their pride into mourning.
Fire from heaven will be their doom
. [A Coronal Mass Ejection, sunstrike.]

Baruch 4:36-37 Jerusalem – Land of Israel, look and see the joy that is coming from all quarters, that is coming to you from the Lord. They come, the people from whom you were parted, assembling at the Word of the Holy One and rejoicing in the glory of the Lord.

Baruch 5:1-9 Jerusalem, remove your garment of mourning and put on forever the robe of righteousness, the glorious splendour of God. From Him, you will receive forever the name of Righteous City of Peace. Arise Jerusalem, look and see your people coming from West to East at the Word of the Holy One, rejoicing that God has remembered them. They went away from you on foot, but He is bringing them home to you, borne aloft in glory as on a royal throne. All the Land is regenerated by His command, so that His people may walk securely and the trees will give shade and fruit for them. He will guide Israel, His people, by the Light of His glory, in His mercy and righteousness. Ref: REB Apocrypha.

At the Second Exodus of the Israelites: all the faithful Christian peoples will be guided into their inheritance, in the same manner as the First Exodus. ‘The Light of His glory’ will be with them, as they settle into all of that area promised to Abraham. They will live in the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, while the remaining prophesied events unfold, then the great and glorious Day of the Return of Jesus will come. Micah 7:15
I'm a sinner, I'm dirty, not really clean. May God have the utmost mercy and grace on me and utmost gentleness when I do what is not pleasing to God. May God rescue me as this quote says of God's word. I ask for help, I cry out for help for sins I need help w/. May God hear my cry for help and help me. :( I know for sure though that I do refrain from sinning things I shouldn't do after a while. God is good. What he doesn't want me to do it's because he's protecting me and it's for my good. I should not be deceived! :(

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My investment is in the Truths of Bible prophecy.
That you see things differently is not my concern. My task is to present what the Prophetic Word actually says, descriptions of things and events that can and will be literally fulfilled. [allegories and metaphors excepted]

I get very little traction for doing this, but at least I present an alternative to some of the theories and weird ideas out there.
Soon; all will be revealed, - Wait or the Day! Zephaniah 3:8
No doubt it will be revealed. This does not mean it will be revealed as we imagine it or to put it in religious language, 'as the bible says' (meaning, as we think it says) ie, how we see.....majoring on the 'how'.

Having now exchanged a few post relating to this, I'm not sure you hear or understand what I mean by my emphasis on the 'how'

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm a sinner, I'm dirty, not really clean. May God have the utmost mercy and grace on me and utmost gentleness when I do what is not pleasing to God. May God rescue me as this quote says of God's word. I ask for help, I cry out for help for sins I need help w/. May God hear my cry for help and help me. :( I know for sure though that I do refrain from sinning things I shouldn't do after a while. God is good. What he doesn't want me to do it's because he's protecting me and it's for my good. I should not be deceived! :(
Ahhhhh, the doing! As people the 'doing' gets great emphasis irrespective of the angle we see it from.
Jesus was asked this question in John 6:28 'What must we do to perform the works of God?' This was his answer 'This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.'.........do we hear it? ....are our ears attuned?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ahhhhh, the doing! As people the 'doing' gets great emphasis irrespective of the angle we see it from.
Jesus was asked this question in John 6:28 'What must we do to perform the works of God?' This was his answer 'This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.'.........do we hear it? ....are our ears attuned?
I believe in, that if we believe, we will follow but there are just some sins I cannot stop so I cry out to God and will see what will happen, but I do stop eventually and then it starts again so I really want it to be a complete stop. All things are possible with God, it says in the Bible. I get a headache and anxiety when I do something that's not pleasing to God so it's punishment. Thanks quietthinker for trying to help and sharing your views.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No doubt it will be revealed. This does not mean it will be revealed as we imagine it or to put it in religious language, 'as the bible says' (meaning, as we think it says) ie, how we see.....majoring on the 'how'.
What is 'religious language'? Something that only 'holier than thou' people can understand?

With Bible Prophecy - how it will be fulfilled, is literally: if what is Prophesied can literally happen. Which is about 90% in my estimation.
The rest of Prophecy, written in allegories of metaphorically, is often explained in other scriptures, or can easily be discerned.

After all, the Prophesies about the first Advent of Jesus, were literally fulfilled.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is 'religious language'? Something that only 'holier than thou' people can understand?

With Bible Prophecy - how it will be fulfilled, is literally: if what is Prophesied can literally happen. Which is about 90% in my estimation.
The rest of Prophecy, written in allegories of metaphorically, is often explained in other scriptures, or can easily be discerned.

After all, the Prophesies about the first Advent of Jesus, were literally fulfilled.
Sorry Keraz, you haven't understood my use of the word 'how'. It is meant in the same context Jesus used it in Luke 8:18, “Therefore TAKE HEED HOW YOU HEAR. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.” Take Heed How You Hear.

Reactions: Jay Ross

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry, what does this scripture mean, quietthinker or anyone? Thanks!
it means tl_p, that if one's paradigm is aligned with the intentions of God, the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle (so to speak) will all fit together in time. ('in time' meaning, as ones understanding builds) It also means that if one's paradigm is not aligned with the intentions of God, one will thrash about in the scriptures trying to make pieces fit that don't fit .....ultimately not making a coherent picture at all.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wisdom of Solomon 6:1-6 Hear now you leaders, take this to heart, learn this lesson, all you who lead My people. Your authority was bestowed upon you by the Lord, your power comes from the Most High, He will probe your actions and scrutinize your intentions. Though you are servants, appointed by the King, you have not been upright judges and priests; you have not maintained the Law or guided your steps by the will of God. Swiftly and terribly. He will descend upon you, for judgement falls relentlessly on those in high positions. The lowly and humble may find pity and forgiveness, but those in authority will be called to account.

Wisdom of Solomon 5:14-23 The hope of the godless is like feathers flying in the wind, like smoke that dissipates, but the just and righteous live forever, their reward is in the Lord’s keeping and the Most High has them in His care. Therefore He will protect them with His right hand [Jesus] and shield them with His arm.

The Lord will array Himself from head to foot with the armour of His wrath and make His creation the weapon against His enemies. With His breastplate of justice, His helmet of judgement, His Holiness for His invincible shield and His relentless anger for His sharp sword, He will destroy His foes. The bolts of His lightning will fly straight to their mark, they will leap upon the target as if His bow in the clouds were drawn to its full arc, and the artillery of His resentment will let fly a fury of hail. The waters of the sea will rage over them and rivers will wash them relentlessly away. A great tempest will arise, they will be scattered like chaff before a whirlwind. So lawlessness will make the whole world desolate and their evildoing will overturn the thrones of princes.

Wisdom of Solomon 3:1-9 God created man imperishable, He made him the image of His own eternal self. It was the devil’s spite that brought death into the world and the experience of it is reserved for those who take his side.

But the souls of the just are in God’s hand and after a little chastisement, they will receive great blessings because God has tested them and found them to be His. In the hour of the judgement, they will shine in glory, as He sweeps over the world sparking the chaff to stubble. His righteous people will be rulers and judges over nations and peoples: the Lord will be their King forever.

Those who have put their trust in the Lord will understand the truth and the faithful will attend upon Him in love, they are His chosen and grace and mercy is theirs.

But the godless will meet with the punishment their evil thoughts and deeds deserve, because they took no heed of justice and rebelled against the Lord.
Ref: R.E.Bible Apocrypha

The bolts of His lightning – creation His weapon’, A Coronal Mass Ejection, an explosion of the suns surface. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Psalms 18:8, Zephaniah 3:8

‘The waters of the sea will rage over them’, Huge tsunamis, caused by the earth being ‘ shaken out of its place’. Isaiah 13:13, Jeremiah 51:42

sparking the chaff to stubble’, The fulfilment of Luke 3:17, 1 Corinthians 3:13, 2 Peter 3:7, Heb10:27 and carried out by the fire of the Lord’s wrath. Psalms 50:1-3

Those who put their trust in the Lord will understand the truth’, Isaiah 30:15, Isaiah 51:4-8