Working out the word of faith...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1:22 (NASB)
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

What is this word, that we are told that we are to prove ourselves to be doers of?

It is, this word of faith that was once delivered to the saints..,

So than how does one prove themselves to be a doer of this word of faith?

This word of faith, that we are to prove ourselves to be doers of, is putting forth the truth that we are to be living in a constant state of faith towards God..

This constant state of faith towards God, can only be accomplished, by a constant looking away from ourselves to Christ... Which is what the repentant life of faith is, a turning from self to God...

For the degree of our turning from self to God, is the degree of our repentance...There is no substitute, for One or the other live and rule in the heart at any and every given moment of time...The more we look away from ourselves to Christ the more repentant we are and the more we are being a doer of this word of faith...

For this is the word of faith, which is the Gospel, turn to Christ by faith...But this word, turn to, means that to turn to, we, of a necessity need to turn from whatever has our heart....

Which, if it’s not Christ, it is self, for nothing else is presented before man to choose from. But this fire and water, this life or death, this Christ or self...This is the choice set before all mankind, fire or water, life or death, Christ or self, old or new nature, all being different words describing the same choice..

For everything is a variation on this theme. Life or death, Christ or self...For the heart that chooses Christ will find Christ and all that is Christ... Shall be, in the course of time, manifested in that heart that would maintain this word of faith....For the Divine nature has to be grown in a life....And the word of faith that was once delivered to the saints, is the way of growing this Divine nature in the heart that would be willing to be a doer of the word of faith....

Than there is this warning, for with a warning comes the possibility of;

“not merely hearers who delude themselves”.

For being a doer of the word is the result of being a hearer of the word....The warning goes to those that are content with the hearing only... For we are admonished to prove ourselves doers of this word, by bringing forth the proof of, which is the fruit of...

For the word of faith will in itself bring forth all the proof of our salvation... All the works of the fruit of Christ being formed in us, will, as we, but only, as we maintain the word of faith, be manifested in our lives...

For God is good and longs to manifest His Son in us. A looking away from ourselves with the desire of the heart turned towards God is that which He waits for, so He might work in the life so yielded...

Be blessed all, as we work out the word of faith in our lives..

A fellow laborer working out the word of faith, Not me

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
James 1:22 (NASB)
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

What is this word, that we are told that we are to prove ourselves to be doers of?

It is, this word of faith that was once delivered to the saints..,

So than how does one prove themselves to be a doer of this word of faith?

This word of faith, that we are to prove ourselves to be doers of, is putting forth the truth that we are to be living in a constant state of faith towards God..

This constant state of faith towards God, can only be accomplished, by a constant looking away from ourselves to Christ... Which is what the repentant life of faith is, a turning from self to God...

For the degree of our turning from self to God, is the degree of our repentance...There is no substitute, for One or the other live and rule in the heart at any and every given moment of time...The more we look away from ourselves to Christ the more repentant we are and the more we are being a doer of this word of faith...

For this is the word of faith, which is the Gospel, turn to Christ by faith...But this word, turn to, means that to turn to, we, of a necessity need to turn from whatever has our heart....

Which, if it’s not Christ, it is self, for nothing else is presented before man to choose from. But this fire and water, this life or death, this Christ or self...This is the choice set before all mankind, fire or water, life or death, Christ or self, old or new nature, all being different words describing the same choice..

For everything is a variation on this theme. Life or death, Christ or self...For the heart that chooses Christ will find Christ and all that is Christ... Shall be, in the course of time, manifested in that heart that would maintain this word of faith....For the Divine nature has to be grown in a life....And the word of faith that was once delivered to the saints, is the way of growing this Divine nature in the heart that would be willing to be a doer of the word of faith....

Than there is this warning, for with a warning comes the possibility of;

“not merely hearers who delude themselves”.

For being a doer of the word is the result of being a hearer of the word....The warning goes to those that are content with the hearing only... For we are admonished to prove ourselves doers of this word, by bringing forth the proof of, which is the fruit of...

For the word of faith will in itself bring forth all the proof of our salvation... All the works of the fruit of Christ being formed in us, will, as we, but only, as we maintain the word of faith, be manifested in our lives...

For God is good and longs to manifest His Son in us. A looking away from ourselves with the desire of the heart turned towards God is that which He waits for, so He might work in the life so yielded...

Be blessed all, as we work out the word of faith in our lives..

A fellow laborer working out the word of faith, Not me
I'm going to throw a spanner into the works here:
Let's look at James:
"But someone will say, “You have faith and I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds" (James 2:18).

What I see in your post is the importance of maintain the word of faith, but you don't seem to have shown that in practical terms. What you seem to be saying that if you believe the gospel and confess your belief in it, that will be enough. But is it? Look at this Scripture:
"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Ephesians 2:1-10).

So, we see clearly that we are not saved by our good deeds, but because we believe the gospel. But just belief in the gospel is not enough. It is the same as being about to jump out of an airplane at 10,000 feet. Just believing that a parachute will enable you to land safely won't save you if you jump out of the plane either without it or just holding it. You have to show by your actions that you are trusting the parachute to save you. You have to put it on before you jump.

It is the same with believing the gospel. It is not enough to just believe it and say you believe it. You have to "put on" Christ with actions that show that your faith is real.

If you were a lying, thieving, blaspheming, murdering, adulterer at heart, and then decided to believe the gospel and just continue to be what you were before, then anyone hearing you telling people that you believe the gospel would see you as a hypocrite because you are not demonstrating your belief by repenting and turning away from the things you were before.

So, to maintain the word of faith, we must show it by our actions, so that when we confess our faith, people will see that we are demonstrating it through our changed conduct.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to throw a spanner into the works here:
Let's look at James:
"But someone will say, “You have faith and I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds" (James 2:18).

What I see in your post is the importance of maintain the word of faith, but you don't seem to have shown that in practical terms. What you seem to be saying that if you believe the gospel and confess your belief in it, that will be enough. But is it? Look at this Scripture:
"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Ephesians 2:1-10).

So, we see clearly that we are not saved by our good deeds, but because we believe the gospel. But just belief in the gospel is not enough. It is the same as being about to jump out of an airplane at 10,000 feet. Just believing that a parachute will enable you to land safely won't save you if you jump out of the plane either without it or just holding it. You have to show by your actions that you are trusting the parachute to save you. You have to put it on before you jump.

It is the same with believing the gospel. It is not enough to just believe it and say you believe it. You have to "put on" Christ with actions that show that your faith is real.

If you were a lying, thieving, blaspheming, murdering, adulterer at heart, and then decided to believe the gospel and just continue to be what you were before, then anyone hearing you telling people that you believe the gospel would see you as a hypocrite because you are not demonstrating your belief by repenting and turning away from the things you were before.

So, to maintain the word of faith, we must show it by our actions, so that when we confess our faith, people will see that we are demonstrating it through our changed conduct.

Be blessed as you prove yourself to be a doer of the word...

A fellow believer, Not me

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Facebook friends have been posting Faith things. Here is the latest Word of Faith

If a tiny virus can do this much damage,
imagine what mustard seed size faith can do...
Matthew 17:20

Posted with a neat graphic.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Facebook friends have been posting Faith things. Here is the latest Word of Faith

Posted with a neat graphic.

What a great thought! :)

Be blessed with your Facebook friends, Not me

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The importance of faith....

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I am white, with tough luck going in, of Scottish descent, and at one time a very negative guy. In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"Do you know what over comes fear McCwowt? Action! Action overcomes fear"

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me saying...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts.

They were also very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
V's are easy to delete/eliminate. This is not popular, and is verboten by the pharmakeia, but is 'easy' to prove. (by doing what works; doing what is right)... i.e. you can prove it to yourselves, but not change society .....

The v's can do no damage in some homes, nor in some jails, which do what is right.

Even during the Death Plague/ Black Plague, those homes doing what is right were spared, (very dramatic to those who saw or found out).

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The importance of faith....

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I am white, with tough luck going in, of Scottish descent, and at one time a very negative guy. In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"Do you know what over comes fear McCwowt? Action! Action overcomes fear"

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me saying...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts.

They were also very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful.

So true;

“the importance faith”

A blessing to know scripture says God will teach us with His eye upon us, meaning that God knows and will orchestrate each persons teaching to that heart....Such is the love of God to us.

Be blessed in His love, Not me

Reactions: rockytopva