Workout motivation needed!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I did my workout today; but boy was it hard getting myself motivated. Anyone else experience that? What do you do to motivate yourself?

Because my motivation was so low, I felt like I had no strength today through the workout.

maybe we should start an exercise and healthy eating section, someplace that we can encourage one another, motivate each other, and share ideas, and workout/eating tips!?!

What do you think; would there be enough of a demand for that here?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I did my workout today; but boy was it hard getting myself motivated. Anyone else experience that? What do you do to motivate yourself?

Because my motivation was so low, I felt like I had no strength today through the workout.

maybe we should start an exercise and healthy eating section, someplace that we can encourage one another, motivate each other, and share ideas, and workout/eating tips!?!

I drink a little coffee and go for walks. I used to work out but it was just to feed my ego. Now I have no ego because of God. With walking the scenery is nice and it is enjoyable. My blood pressure is lower because of it too. I walk hills around my house.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm in. Almost 70, ride an exercycle 10 mi 5 days a week. 25 pushups a night, and weights (only 10 lbs though) 3 days a week. Have a 10 lb kettlebell, but not sure how to use it effectively. My problem is , I like bread. I never feel full. Love a home cooked meal--I mean a 1950s-1960s home cooked meal. Well rounded loaded with calories.
I could really use some filler up recipes that were low in calories. I have a sweet tooth as well :confused:

Help!

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm in. Almost 70, ride an exercycle 10 mi 5 days a week. 25 pushups a night, and weights (only 10 lbs though) 3 days a week. Have a 10 lb kettlebell, but not sure how to use it effectively. My problem is , I like bread. I never feel full. Love a home cooked meal--I mean a 1950s-1960s home cooked meal. Well rounded loaded with calories.
I could really use some filler up recipes that were low in calories. I have a sweet tooth as well :confused:

Help!

I hear you on the never feeling full, even with high protein. As for doing kettle-bell properly there are some good training videos on YouTube.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in.

I had a workout that I really enjoyed. I think that is the trick - to find out what you enjoy and do that.

I bet if you made a thread for people to post their achievements and success for the day, it will motivate us all and we can jump in. It is hard doing it alone.

I stopped working out because I felt ashamed. I was thinking "Is it sinful to work on this part of my body?"

I thought, "No because that's how you get piriformis syndrome" and then I gave up anyway. I need to get over it and not worry about that part.

Reactions: Faithbuilders

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, it is hard doing at alone. I believe that we need to take care of this mortal body God gave us that houses the Holy Spirit.

P.S. What is "piriformis syndrome"?

Reactions: DuckieLady

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And i have the perfect workout for us all . Be built up in biblical sound doctrine .AND WHAT A JOY it has been to DO THIS .
Lambs live by every word of GOD and those words sure do build one up and makes one wise unto salvation
through faith in JESUS CHRIST . Feed the inner man with the glorious words of truth in that bible

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is nice for the spirit, and even the soul; but does nothing for the body.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree, but is still super important; as I mentioned in a different post. The Bible says that we often loose our blessing because we do not take care of Gods temple; and in the new covenant the temple of God is the physical body.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but is still super important; as I mentioned in a different post. The Bible says that we often loose our blessing because we do not take care of Gods temple; and in the new covenant the temple of God is the physical body.
A simple way to take care of our body is to eat as GOD made the foods and do so in moderation .
Simple whole foods and fresh veggies and stay away from GMO and processed foods .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, eating right is very important, but so is exercise, and even more so as you get older.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And i have the perfect workout for us all . Be built up in biblical sound doctrine .AND WHAT A JOY it has been to DO THIS .
Lambs live by every word of GOD and those words sure do build one up and makes one wise unto salvation
through faith in JESUS CHRIST . Feed the inner man with the glorious words of truth in that bible
“For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Reactions: amigo de christo

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What a great idea. We could combine bible verses with workout, worship music and perhaps swap some recipes. I like low carb so hoping some of you folk have some good recipes for that....

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have never seen a UBE before. It looks great but imagine seeing it in a gym for the first time. I would try to find a way to get my feet on those pedals Lol!

Reactions: Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never seen a UBE before. It looks great but imagine seeing it in a gym for the first time. I would to find a way to get my feet on those pedals Lol!
My legs are pretty built-up from bicycling and (prior to that) running.
UBE offers the same training for arms & upper body.

I do four different exercises on mine,
  1. Presses: forward, palms down;
  2. Uncurls: forward, palms up;
  3. Curls: reverse, palms up; &
  4. Rows: reverse, palms down.