Works & Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 25:38

{Saved speaking in reply to Jesus commendation of the righteous)

When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or naked and clothe you?

What I like about this spiritual insight of the Master's is firstly how a non judaistic reveals their attitude of righteousness! You can see there was no tally of “good works”. Boy.... this really goes to the heart of motive!

These were performed in the spirit of love, inspired by the Lord’s love

Supporting text

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me! (important point here is we are not Christ in the same way Jesus is not God - the principle is identical - Christ manifested God perfectly while we manifest Christ imperfectly though the promise of perfection is given

1 John 3:16 We have come to know love by this: that Jesus laid down his life for us; thus we ought to lay down our lives for our fellow Christians

It appears the ultimate act of faith wasn't a work it was to die and become a sacrifice.

In this short section of Matt 25 you have six acts of mercy and kindness toward those in bodily need and suffering. Jesus could not identify with their sins! The Risen Lord’s ability to enter into the feelings of the sufferer.

Matthew 8:17 In this way what was spoken by Isaiah the prophet was fulfilled: “He (Jesus) took our weaknesses and carried our diseases.”

You can see how Jesus became worthy to have Yahweh's name in him!

F2F