Works Of The Flesh, Fruit Of The Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Monday 8-8-22 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Av 9 5782 49th. Summer Day

Galatians 5:19-26

Works Of The Flesh

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Fruit Of The Spirit

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I pray that ppl will see the true difference in living in the flesh and living in the Spirit !
Yes!

I think we need to come to understand just what the different in our minds, in our hearts is, between when we are, and are not walking in the Spirit. We may not realize times when we've slipped away from a spiritual walk into fleshy ways. It can be subtle, and then we realize we are struggling, but the actual fall from a spiritual walk may have been some time ago, and we're just now realizing it.

Having a clear self-awareness will help us to know when our mind drifts.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!

I think we need to come to understand just what the different in our minds, in our hearts is, between when we are, and are not walking in the Spirit. We may not realize times when we've slipped away from a spiritual walk into fleshy ways. It can be subtle, and then we realize we are struggling, but the actual fall from a spiritual walk may have been some time ago, and we're just now realizing it.

Having a clear self-awareness will help us to know when our mind drifts.

Much love!

Absolutely.
I quote often that Paul told us to EXAMINE OURSELVES DAILY. Not just when it's communion time, but it must be done even BEFORE our prayer time for if the flesh ,ours or others has put something between ourselves and God ,it needs to be made right.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely.
I quote often that Paul told us to EXAMINE OURSELVES DAILY. Not just when it's communion time, but it must be done even BEFORE our prayer time for if the flesh ,ours or others has put something between ourselves and God ,it needs to be made right.
If we can come to terms with the fact that if we are impatient, that this is flesh, if we are not trusting God, this is flesh, if we are not peaceable, this is flesh, and so on . . . if we can accept that if we are not being gentle, this is not spirit, is flesh, then we can choose to reject fleshy thought and behavior, and seek to walk in the Spirit. Otherwise we are being pushed this way and that way by "forces we don't understand", the flesh.

We can take control of our minds, our thoughts and emotions, by trusting that Jesus has actually given us a new mind, a new life, a new way of living.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally.

We must put ourselves under the subjection of the Spirit, lean NOT on our own understanding bc in and of ourselves we can do nothing. ALL other is flesh. The lust of the flesh,and the eyes,the pride of life, is NOT of the Father but of the world. 1Jn.2:14-17 ( cxt )

We are to do this as far as our thinking.
Philippians 4:6-9 k cxt )
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by PRAYER and supplication with THANKSGIVING let your request be made known unto God.
And the PEACE of God, which passed all understanding,shall keep your HEARTS and MINDS through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethern, whatsoever things are TRUE, whatsoever things are HONEST, whatsoever things are JUST, whatsoever things are PURE, whatsoever things are LOVELY, whatsoever things are of GOOD REPORT; if there be any virtue,and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Those things which you have both LEARNED and RECEIVED, and HEARD, and seen in me,do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

The Spirit will lead us to the Father's will and the Father will keep those things we have committed unto him against that day.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie