Worldwide Covid-19 Virus Insane Panic!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deaths caused by Covid-19 virus reported worldwide is less than 5000
Common Flu results in "about 250,000 to 500,000 yearly deaths" worldwide, Wikipedia tells us. "The typical estimate is 36,000 [deaths] a year in the United States," reports NBC, citing the Centers for Disease Control. ===Worldwide Covid-19 Virus Insane Panic!!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Car accident deaths per year in the U.S. ---36,000
Death from diabedes last year -------------257,000
Death from obesity per year in the U.S. ----300,000
Deaths from smoking per year in the U.S. ---500,000
Natural causes of death per year in the U.S. ---2,712,630
Natural deaths worldwide ---155,00 per day or ---56,575,000 per year

These numbers don't mean we shouldn't be careful right now and take precautions,
but maybe we should drive more careful, eat a lot less, and quit smoking too.

Smokers, over eaters, and bad drivers are probably in a panic too about the virus - GO FIGURE.
A little denial can work for a lot of people.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This insane panic will cost billions and billions of $$ fighting the much lesser problem. TRY TO Think!
Common Flu results in "about 250,000 to 500,000 yearly deaths" worldwide, Wikipedia tells us. "The typical estimate is 36,000 [deaths] a year in the United States," reports NBC, citing the Centers for Disease Control. ===Worldwide Covid-19 Virus Insane Panic!!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If people panic over this wait till they see a real disaster.

But for this one take advantage of the time it may give you away from the hustle and bustle of the world.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people panic over this wait till they see a real disaster.

But for this one take advantage of the time it may give you away from the hustle and bustle of the world.
I have been enjoying the extra quietness at home! Plus shopping has become a truly surreal experience!

Much love!

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been enjoying the extra quietness at home! Plus shopping has become a truly surreal experience!

Much love!

Hello marks my brother.
In my area the super markets are putting a buying limit on items normally being bought out, so there's enough for everyone.
Pretty cool. I like it.

My name is OLIGOS

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone organising help for the housebound, the vunerable elderly, or the homeless?

What reason do Christians have to fear this virus?

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello marks my brother.
In my area the super markets are putting a buying limit on items normally being bought out, so there's enough for everyone.
Pretty cool. I like it.

My name is OLIGOS

Some of our stores are doing that, others not. But so far the trucks keep showing up deliverying most items. So far so good.

Not to mention . . . our Heavenly Father knows are needs.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What reason do Christians have to fear this virus?
None!

I'm reminded of Ezekiel 9, the writer is sent to put a mark on those God will spare, and then God sends the others to kill the rest.

In real life, as they say, it looked like the randomness of war, famine, disease, all that. But the reality was that God had already designated who would be for what.

So it may look random, but it's not.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: GTW27

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

media is hyping it up for sure, the only thing that might be a good thing is to get hold of, is some penicillin. the media knows exactly what they are doing. making the heard of cattle stamped. its an easy play, animals by nature are afraid of the unknown, and no one reports of informs what to do if you get it. which some doctors do manage to say it usually the same as any other flu or virus.

media sucks up add money when they get the attention of the public and do their best to keep it. its all about the money boys.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
media is hyping it up for sure, the only thing that might be a good thing is to get hold of, is some penicillin. the media knows exactly what they are doing. making the heard of cattle stamped. its an easy play, animals by nature are afraid of the unknown, and no one reports of informs what to do if you get it. which some doctors do manage to say it usually the same as any other flu or virus.

media sucks up add money when they get the attention of the public and do their best to keep it. its all about the money boys.
Fear sells!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all.
Well, I do agree that news likes to "HYPE" things up , but at the same time I think that many are doing a great job keeping us informed , especially for non-believers.
I do agree our heavenly Father takes good care of us and me too, but it's amazing to see so many people are concerned and willing to do their part for others, even if they will be hurt financially by their choices.

At least in my area, the grocery stores are limiting what can be purchased to curb over buying and hoarding, and most of the stores have just adopted a 6:00AM-700AM shopping restriction that's for the over 60 age group so they are protected as the most vulnerable when they go shopping, and don't come in contact with the larger general public, so they can stay healthy.
No rules for this was set down by any governing body, it was just the store managers getting together to decide what was best for the local community.
Also restaurants and taverns and most fast food places have closed down too in my area, so it's a bit like a ghost town for now as so many business owners are trying to do their part.
Makes me feel proud to live here and proud of the people in this small community.

My name is OLIGOS

Reactions: marks and lforrest

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear sells!

well maybe so, but the public is buying, that is the real problem, and sadly the condition of this generation.
if the public wasn't buying they'd sell something else.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least in my area, the grocery stores are limiting what can be purchased to curb over buying and hoarding, and most of the stores have just adopted a 6:00AM-700AM shopping restriction that's for the over 60 age group so they are protected as the most vulnerable when they go shopping, and don't come in contact with the larger general public, so they can stay healthy.
No rules for this was set down by any governing body, it was just the store managers getting together to decide what was best for the local community.

Some of the stores around here are doing that.

I was in Walmart yesterday morning, and said to another shopper, when I saw into his basket, "You have wipes!" He had two large canisters.

He said, "there's another one", looking over his shoulder. I had just checked the shelf, nothing. "Are they somewhere else now?" "No, but I saw one." And then he left his cart sitting there, and started going up and down aisles, then, "Here it is", reached past a bunch of 2 liter sodas, and pulled out another big canister of wipes, handed to me with a big smile!

That was really cool on so many levels!

Much love!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the stores around here are doing that.

I was in Walmart yesterday morning, and said to another shopper, when I saw into his basket, "You have wipes!" He had two large canisters.

He said, "there's another one", looking over his shoulder. I had just checked the shelf, nothing. "Are they somewhere else now?" "No, but I saw one." And then he left his cart sitting there, and started going up and down aisles, then, "Here it is", reached past a bunch of 2 liter sodas, and pulled out another big canister of wipes, handed to me with a big smile!

That was really cool on so many levels!

Much love!

I really like the way God has been so faithful to provide in large ways and very small ways too. He's constantly reminding me He's close by and being the provider He promised us He'd be - Keeps me so at peace and allows me to just enjoy each day.

The people in the stores have been real considerate too, and everything I've needed has been there - PRAISE GOD.

Makes me so very thankful God called me to invest so many years in my faith, and my relationship with the HIM - I GIVE ALL THE GLORY TO GOD !!!

Praying for you all.
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Makes me so very thankful God called me to invest so many years in my faith, and my relationship with the HIM - I GIVE ALL THE GLORY TO GOD !!!

I am very thankful also for the terribly difficult times I've gone through, as I've known Him better for it. So now this has come, and I am certain I will know Him better for it. All glory to Him!!

Much love!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very thankful also for the terribly difficult times I've gone through, as I've known Him better for it. So now this has come, and I am certain I will know Him better for it. All glory to Him!!

Much love!

Yes brother Marks, I too have had terribly difficult times, several times in my past, and all those have strengthened my faith in the LORD, and prepared me for days like these.
I am at peace and content.
Tomorrow is the first day of spring, and I will be outside Saturday when it's 65 degrees doing yard work and just enjoying life, and praising God for all He is to me.

May God continue blessing you richly my brother, as I pray for you without ceasing and as God continues to provide for you and your family.
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited: