Worried about living situation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in a position where I feel worried that I might lose my living situation and I have no family around to turn to. I don't have another place to go and I don't plan on turning to a shelter. There isn't really any sign of hope anywhere. Feeling like everything is a lost cause.

I'm extremely depressed and I don't feel like trying anymore.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in a position where I feel worried that I might lose my living situation and I have no family around to turn to. I don't have another place to go and I don't plan on turning to a shelter. There isn't really any sign of hope anywhere. Feeling like everything is a lost cause.

Oh Fluffy, my heart goes out to you. I am praying fervently for your spirits to be lifted and your faith to grow through this. He tells us over and over to NOT worry about these things so...try something here...I know depression very very well but, my faith has and is still growing...look at this as a test of your faith. Ask Him, even though He already knows your needs, ask, thank and rest. Like you don't have a problem in the world and watch Him work. You MUST believe for real tho, the things that seem like mountains to us are nothing to Him.

Remember, look to Him and NOT your circumstances!

My prayers are now with you sister.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Fluffyyellowduck, so sorry to hear of your concerns. You said in the OP that ‘ it might ‘ happen, does that perhaps mean it might not ?
Is there a time frame when you will know for sure?
Will be praying for you and the situation xxx

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all- I can't really explain it right now, because it's very very personal but I have known it for a long time, went through it all trying to have faith and trust God, and now it seems I have reached the cusp of everything, and everything will be bad and I have not seen any sign of a save.

So I just want to sleep for now

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went homeless around three yrs ago, and tried to stay with family up until the last 4 months where I have been more officially homeless, living in my car in parking, and vacant lots.

I've avoided the shelters too, but here in Fl, the heat may run me into one shortly. If things don't work out for you, and I pray they do, even if you don't live in a shelter, at least find a good one, and ask them about low cost housing, they are the experts when if comes to help for the honneless. Some shelters suggest you contact them even before you are homeless, and I would urge you to do that.

I feel for you, believe me.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I doubt this would suit you and its probably not possible legally yet I would offer space if you could handle living in the jungle in tropical Oz.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you sister!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am going to keep you in prayer, Ducky. God does miracles.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hi @FluffyYellowDuck Psalm 40...

Reactions: DuckieLady

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep your heart in control over your mind that is worrying you with unknowns and wonderings.

Pss 55:
[22] Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee...

Praying for you.
God Bless,
Taken