Worship Songs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him, have you heard Hope Darst sing that song? I believe she wrote it, too.

Yes. I was just like Farouk. My wife was playing Darst's version on the iPad, and asked if I had heard it. I knew I had somewhere, so I asked, "What's the date on the video?" and she said this year. I was confused, thinking it had been around longer than that. Turns out it was the Daigle version I heard, which dates to 2017. :)

Darst's voice sounds a LOT like Daigle's, so that's what makes it confusing.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I was just like Farouk. My wife was playing Darst's version on the iPad, and asked if I had heard it. I knew I had somewhere, so I asked, "What's the date on the video?" and she said this year. I was confused, thinking it had been around longer than that. Turns out it was the Daigle version I heard, which dates to 2017. :)

Darst's voice sounds a LOT like Daigle's, so that's what makes it confusing.
Wow, I never heard Daigle sing it until today. lol

I had to check to make sure I waa correct ...but here, says Hope Darst did write (or cowrite) the song.
Behind The Song: Hope Darst Shares The Heart Behind Her Debut Single “Peace Be Still” | Freeccm.com

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I never heard Daigle sing it until today. lol

I had to check to make sure I waa correct ...but here, says Hope Darst did write (or cowrite) the song.
Behind The Song: Hope Darst Shares The Heart Behind Her Debut Single “Peace Be Still” | Freeccm.com

Yeah. I assumed it was originally hers as well. That seems to happen for some reason. I song will be released by a well-known artist, and then a few years later released by the person who actually wrote it.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ She has a distinct, strong, throaty voice.....
Yes, and I really love that...almost southern gospel kind of quality to her voice. That's kinda my "roots" when it comes to the style of music I started listening to when I first came to the Lord at age 13. And I never really listened to praise and worship until around 2006.
Her voice sounds similar to this woman's voice ...
Angie Hoskins of the Hoskins Family....

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, and I really love that...almost southern gospel kind of quality to her voice. That's kinda my "roots" when it comes to the style of music I started listening to when I first came to the Lord at age 13. And I never really listened to praise and worship until around 2006.
Her voice sounds similar to this woman's voice ...
Angie Hoskins of the Hoskins Family....
@TLHKAJ Interesting comparison....

Definitely Southern....

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk about @Hidden In Him, but although I have branched out, I still like some of the old Southern Gospel songs I used to listen to.

I'm still an old rocker, so Southern Gospel isn't really my thing. But I think most of the core family here is into it. Pretty sure we have some threads on stuff like that.

@Helen, @amadeus might be able to tell you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ

"Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour." Jerem 12:9

Reactions: TLHKAJ