Worship?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most who claim the name of Christ have no worship, no sacrifice, no atonement, no reparation, no propitiation to be offered!

singing dancing and read scripture is not worship!

Adoration
Reparation
Thanksgiving
Petition are required for worship and only the one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors in the holy sacrifice of the mass has true worship and true holy communion body and blood of Christ!
And are in communion with Christ the only mediator by baptism in the new covenant!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most who claim the name of Christ have no worship, no sacrifice, no atonement, no reparation, no propitiation to be offered!

singing dancing and read scripture is not worship!

Adoration
Reparation
Thanksgiving
Petition are required for worship and only the one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors in the holy sacrifice of the mass has true worship and true holy communion body and blood of Christ!
And are in communion with Christ the only mediator by baptism in the new covenant!

Hola TF!

Say, could you do me a favor and copy and paste Colossians 2:11 into this thread? I don't have a Catholic Bible (yet) and am curious as to how a Catholic Bible (of today) reads that particular passage. IF you have it on your computer and can easily copy and paste, wow . . . I'd be so thankful to see the translation of verses 9-15. :D (I will make not bones about it . . . I'm trying to understand why you don't acknowledge the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ - the point of the entire Bible.)

Thanks!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hola TF!

Say, could you do me a favor and copy and paste Colossians 2:11 into this thread? I don't have a Catholic Bible (yet) and am curious as to how a Catholic Bible (of today) reads that particular passage. IF you have it on your computer and can easily copy and paste, wow . . . I'd be so thankful to see the translation of verses 9-15. :D (I will make not bones about it . . . I'm trying to understand why you don't acknowledge the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ - the point of the entire Bible.)

Thanks!

This is from an older Catholic Bible. Perhaps it will suffice:

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead corporeally;
Col 2:10 And you are filled in him, who is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11 In whom also you are circumcised with circumcision not made by hand, in despoiling of the body of the flesh, but in the circumcision of Christ:
Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, in whom also you are risen again by the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him up from the dead.
Col 2:13 And you, when you were dead in your sins, and the uncircumcision of your flesh; he hath quickened together with him, forgiving you all offences:
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of the decree that was against us, which was contrary to us. And he hath taken the same out of the way, fastening it to the cross:
Col 2:15 And despoiling the principalities and powers, he hath exposed them confidently in open shew, triumphing over them in himself. [from the Douay Rheims]

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is from an older Catholic Bible. Perhaps it will suffice:

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead corporeally;
Col 2:10 And you are filled in him, who is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11 In whom also you are circumcised with circumcision not made by hand, in despoiling of the body of the flesh, but in the circumcision of Christ:
Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, in whom also you are risen again by the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him up from the dead.
Col 2:13 And you, when you were dead in your sins, and the uncircumcision of your flesh; he hath quickened together with him, forgiving you all offences:
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of the decree that was against us, which was contrary to us. And he hath taken the same out of the way, fastening it to the cross:
Col 2:15 And despoiling the principalities and powers, he hath exposed them confidently in open shew, triumphing over them in himself. [from the Douay Rheims]

Amadeus . . . thank you! Isn't this a beautiful description of the Work of Christ? I absolutely adore how they have translated these Keystone Passages.

1. - It is Christ who makes us whole and complete . . . and Paul moves on to explain how and why Jesus makes us whole and complete.
2. - There is a specific kind of Circumcision, and it is made without the hands of men (see Ephesians 2:11 - the "other" Two Eleven), meaning that this is a Spiritual Circumcision.
3. - The Sinful Nature, beautifully translated as "The Body of the Flesh", [is] the Circumcision of Christ . . . the removal of that which is ugly, unclean, dirty, and filthy.
4. - This Spiritual Circumcision is called the Operation of God, a Faith producing Operation, again, not by the Hands of men, meaning that it is a Spiritual Circumcision.
5. - Because of this "Body of the Flesh", the Sinful Nature, we are "Dead in our sins," or, [because] of our sins, but more . . . because the "Body of the Flesh" was yet to be removed.
6. - But, Jesus "quickened together" that Sinful Nature to Himself, meaning that He removes our Sinful Way and applies it to Himself (becoming a Curse for us - Galatians 3:13 - NIV - "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole."
7. - This Circumcision of Christ results in the forgiveness of sins.
8. - The Decrees of the Law that convicted us of sins is removed (which is why Jesus said, "Get away from me, you Lawbreakers, for those who were doing the work of Christ had not actually Turned to Christ for the lifting of the Sinful Nature, thus the Law remained applied to their Hearts.) This Law was nailed to the Cross, because the Law of Moses cannot save, but only Jesus can save.
9. - All of this Holy Work is what is necessary to overthrow the Mind of Satan, and that Sinful Nature is completely defeated (and replaced with the Divine Nature, as perfectly described in 2 Peter 1:4).

Why is the Law no longer applicable to the hearts of those who Turn to Christ for His exclusive Circumcision? Because True Children of Christ will live by new, and Spiritual Laws, just as they will become alive by the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ.

Romans 8:1-3 NIV - "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through (the Hands of) Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death (the removal of the Sinful Nature). 3 For what the law was powerless to do (remove the Sinful Nature) because it was weakened by the flesh (the Sinful State of human beings), God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering."

Romans 2:28-29 NIV - "A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person's praise is not from other people, but from God."

This is the entire point and Purpose of not only Jesus, but for the entire Bible as a whole. Think about it: All people are judged by this one act, and none other. Therefore, as we read the Book of Revelation, all are thought of and considered upon this basis and this basis alone. Therefore, even within the Tribulation, all matters revolve around the Heart, and whether or not it has been Purified, or lifted, of the Sinful Mind of the Devil.

Theefaith . . . I sincerely hope that you will consider what all of our Bibles say about this matter. Salvation has absolutely nothing to do with Peter, Paul, or anyone else. But Salvation comes by the Imputed Faith, the same Faith that was given to our Father, Abraham, the Father of David, the Father of Jesus.

Matthew 1:1 NIV - "This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham . . ."

Romans 1:17 NLT - "This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."

Reactions: amadeus

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely. Salvation has nothing to do with any one thing on this planet. Salvation is, from start to finish, by Faith and Faith alone . . . and even that is granted.

Sigh! Nowhere does the Bible say we are saved by faith alone. That was an invention of Martin Luther.

From what I can see none of the above replies are relevant to the OP..

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hola TF!

Thanks!

Membership in the new covenant is by baptism and communion with the mediator and each other!

catholic version
col 2:9-15
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group