Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution without the court system guiding them? If anybody can determine law by their own interpretation, we would have complete chaos! This is what we have in non-catholic christian religions, interpretation chaos. This is why there are 50 thousand different protestant / non-denominational churhes that believe different things.

Some Thoughts:
  • Jesus established a Church and gave the Church the keys to the kingdom of heaven, along with binding and losing authority - Matt 16
  • Only the Catholic Church can claim that it was established by Jesus
  • The early Church Fathers are Catholic
  • Who owned back then and still owns the ancient write scripture scrolls? The Church did and still does; located at the Vatican in their massive library
  • The Bible was not created until around the 4th century
  • If there was no bible, who did the teaching? The Church that Jesus established did the teaching with the scripture scrolls
  • Very few people could read back then
  • There was no printing press; it took a year for a scholar writer to write out the Bible
  • The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church using her binding and losing authority, which you believe in indirectly
  • Thousand of writings were voted on; the Church used her binding and losing during several Catholic Councils including the Council of Rome to compile the Bible
  • You follow an ex catholic priest via the protestant reform of the 1500s - a human being
  • etc...

Reactions: Marymog

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution without the court system guiding them? If anybody can determine law by their own interpretation, we would have complete chaos! This is what we have in non-catholic christian religions, interpretation chaos. This is why there are 50 thousand different protestant / non-denominational churhes that believe different things.

Some Thoughts:
  • Jesus established a Church and gave the Church the keys to the kingdom of heaven, along with binding and losing authority - Matt 16
  • Who owned back then and still owns the ancient write scripture scrolls? The Church did and still does; located at the Vatican in their massive library
  • If there was no bible, who did the teaching? The Church that Jesus established did the teaching with the scripture scrolls
  • There was no printing press; it took a year for a scholar writer to write out the Bible
  • The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church using her binding and losing authority, which you believe in indirectly
  • Thousand of writings were voted on; the Church used her binding and losing during several Catholic Councils including the Council of Rome to compile the Bible
  • You follow an ex catholic priest via the protestant reform of the 1500s - a human being
  • etc...
Good try, but this is a very poor analogy. You're leaving out an essential element here. Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would guide believers into all truth. A man-made legal system deals with man's laws and does not look to the Holy Spirit to teach them.

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good try, but this is a very poor analogy. You're leaving out an essential element here. Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would guide believers into all truth. A man-made legal system deals with man's laws and does not look to the Holy Spirit to teach them.
It's a perfect analogy. The Holy Spirit doesn't lie. In other posts, you claim the Holy Spirit is guiding your interpretations but so does all other protestants, and many have different interpretations. Which interpretations are correct and guided by the Holy Spirit. Yours or their interpretations?

The Catholic Church has one interpretation. If I travel to Europe or Africa or the US, all Masses are the same with the same interpretations because the Holy Spirit doesn't lie!

Reactions: Marymog

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a perfect analogy. The Holy Spirit doesn't lie. In other posts, you claim the Holy Spirit is guiding your interpretations but so does all other protestants, and many have different interpretations. Which interpretations are correct and guided by the Holy Spirit. Yours or their interpretations?

The Catholic Church has one interpretation. If I travel to Europe or Africa or the US, all Masses are the same with the same interpretations because the Holy Spirit doesn't lie!

Tell ya what. Next time you go to court, tell them that the Holy Spirit will guide the court proceedings. See what they say. You're talking about a man-made legal system and comparing it to the divine guidance of the Holy Spirit, whom God the Father sent to indwell believers and guide us into all truth.

Come to think of it, the Catholic Church is full of man-made customs and traditions.... Wasn't this one of Jesus' main criticisms of the Pharisees? Looking to the traditions of man instead of the guidance and power of the Spirit--holding to a form of godliness, but denying its power?

Edit: And many Protestant churches are full of man-made traditions too. There. So y'all don't think I'm only picking on the Catholics.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK and Bobby Jo
Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell ya what. Next time you go to court, tell them that the Holy Spirit will guide the court proceedings. See what they say. You're talking about a man-made legal system and comparing it to the divine guidance of the Holy Spirit, whom God the Father sent to indwell believers and guide us into all truth.

Come to think of it, the Catholic Church is full of man-made customs and traditions.... Wasn't this one of Jesus' main criticisms of the Pharisees? Placing the traditions of man in place of the guidance and power of the Spirit--holding to a form of godliness, but denying its power?
Spoken like a true protestant. Never provide concrete answers, always dodging the truth. No answers to bullet pts above, etc... God Bless!

Reactions: Heyzeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some Thoughts:
  • etc...
The Supreme Court has gotten the Constitution wrong in some cases...for example, in Roe v. Wade, not recognizing that the unborn child has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a true protestant. Never provide concrete answers, always dodging the truth. No answers to bullet pts above, etc... God Bless!

Oh, I didn't know that you expected me to address every bullet point. I took them on as a whole. They represent Catholic doctrine. You were building a Catholic case. Why should I build a Protestant case when it's already been done? Luther did it, and Calvin did it, and Zwingli did it, right?

But in case you didn't notice, I've been just as hard on the Protestants as I have on the Catholics. So, don't be such a brat.

Reactions: Bobby Jo
Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know that you expected me to address every bullet point. I took them on as a whole. They represent Catholic doctrine. You were building a Catholic case. Why should I build a Protestant case when it's already been done? Luther did it, and Calvin did it, and Zwingli did it, right?

But in case you didn't notice, I've been just as hard on the Protestants as I have on the Catholics. So, don't be such a brat.
Catholic doctrine? No, they represent history.

I wish you well on your journey, you brat :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only the Catholic Church can claim that it was established by Jesus
The Orthodox Church would beg to differ.

History of the Orthodox Church
The Church has her origin with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, not with a human teacher, or group, nor a code of conduct or religious philosophy. Orthodoxy believes that the Church has her origin in the Apostolic Community called into being by Jesus Christ, and enlivened by the Holy Spirit. The Feast of Pentecost, which is celebrated fifty days after Easter, commemorates the "outpouring'' of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and marks the beginning of the mission of the Church to the world. The Orthodox Church believes that she has maintained a direct and unbroken continuity of love, faith, and order with the Church of Christ born in the Pentecost experience.
History of the Orthodox Church - Introduction to Orthodoxy Articles - Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

Note: I am simply quoting their position. I am not associated with this church.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Church has her origin with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, not with a human teacher, or group, nor a code of conduct or religious philosophy. Orthodoxy believes that the Church has her origin in the Apostolic Community called into being by Jesus Christ, and enlivened by the Holy Spirit. The Feast of Pentecost, which is celebrated fifty days after Easter, commemorates the "outpouring'' of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and marks the beginning of the mission of the Church to the world. The Orthodox Church believes that she has maintained a direct and unbroken continuity of love, faith, and order with the Church of Christ born in the Pentecost experience.
History of the Orthodox Church - Introduction to Orthodoxy Articles - Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

Nice quote, -- and I too have no affiliation!

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Uh huh. A Baptist told my dad that they go all the back to John the Baptist. So......if this is a contest, the Baptists win!!! Yay!!!!

But I'm not a Baptist. (No offense to the Baptists on here. :))

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's really rich! Why do you keep embarrassing yourself, I wonder?

Yes they are all same as you said, masses for, by and in ignorance, soaked in many pagan traditions of men. This truly is the true constant of the (R/O)CC. At least the protesters are working out their salvation in their own groups as different limbs of the same tree - the same body and tree of Christ that feeds them. Your tree has no variety of limbs. Your limbs are all uniform and unnaturally grown because they are fed by the human created and led CC as its ROOT...no true spiritual food then.....Is Christ its root then I say, apparently not.