Would You Get Involved With Somebody Else's Fight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to name names or call people out but there was just a pretty big brawl in another thread with multiple members. It started off with me and a single member, and in the end we just worked it out. Other people just kept joining the fight and it turned out to be one big mess. That's why I don't often get involved in other's arguments. I realize their hearts and intentions were in the right place, but no rules were really broken and that's why we just had to work it out for ourselves.

After all, everybody fights sometimes which is why I feel okay with even letting staff members like @Heart2Soul, @Josho, @pompadour, and @lforrest see this thread because even they have to understand that. Anyways, everything's fine now and we worked it out without staff intervention and now maybe I can ask you guys the same question. Would you get involved in an argument that wasn't yours? Not talking about doing your staff duties here on this one,.. I mean trying to fight somebody else's battle.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, unfortunately one member is still upset, but I'm hoping and praying that they'll come around. Hopefully this just goes to show though that if staff members sometimes step back (only if the argument is crossing the line) problems can be solved without their intervention. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to name names or call people out but there was just a pretty big brawl in another thread with multiple members. It started off with me and a single member, and in the end we just worked it out. Other people just kept joining the fight and it turned out to be one big mess. That's why I don't often get involved in other's arguments. I realize their hearts and intentions were in the right place, but no rules were really broken and that's why we just had to work it out for ourselves.

After all, everybody fights sometimes which is why I feel okay with even letting staff members like @Heart2Soul, @Josho, @pompadour, and @lforrest see this thread because even they have to understand that. Anyways, everything's fine now and we worked it out without staff intervention and now maybe I can ask you guys the same question. Would you get involved in an argument that wasn't yours? Not talking about doing your staff duties here on this one,.. I mean trying to fight somebody else's battle.
I only help people if they truly need it. And I'll decide when that is.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is nine times out of ten I wind up working things out with other members without help or staff intervention at all just because I'm a nice person and I don't mean to upset anybody.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is nine times out of ten I wind up working things out with other members without help or staff intervention at all just because I'm a nice person and I don't mean to upset anybody.
I find most arguments resolve when you give the arguer the last word, if you reply it seems to just continue and escalate.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love to fight! I can box and im teaching myself to kickbox now. @April_Rose lead me to our opponents and i will put my skills to use :cool:

LOL :p

I find most arguments resolve when you give the arguer the last word, if you reply it seems to just continue and escalate.

That's some really good pointers there and yes,.. taking the high road and being the better person is also exactly what Jesus preached about. :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, unfortunately one member is still upset, but I'm hoping and praying that they'll come around. Hopefully this just goes to show though that if staff members sometimes step back (only if the argument is crossing the line) problems can be solved without their intervention. :)
Sorry girl but staff gets involved when they have to....2 reasons..they have been reported or staff has seen the thread and has decided to intervene.
This isn't the place to argue...not in a public forum....it affects everyone....take it to a pm.
So don't get any hope up about staff not being involved. We will always be involved one way or another.
God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry girl but staff gets involved when they have to....2 reasons..they have been reported or staff has seen the thread and has decided to intervene.
This isn't the place to argue...not in a public forum....it affects everyone....take it to a pm.
So don't get any hope up about staff not being involved. We will always be involved one way or another.
God Bless!

Oh I know the staff has to get involved most of the time,.. but we just worked it out for ourselves so doesn't that at least tell you that we're capable of doing it from time to time?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and hey I don't know about you guys but I'm sick and tired of all the drama. :rolleyes: Anybody want to come to my eighties party tonight!?! It starts at seven pm et. :D

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't think I didn't chase my mom's ex biker boyfriend down the stairs and out of the house with a bottle of pepper spray.

I grew up with an ex-Hells Angel step-dad and biker types for male role models. I learned to be protective.

Bible says, "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves."

"Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy. ”

"Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed."

We should all know how to speak gracefully with gentle correction, because you will as a Christian need to know how to stand up against the wicked and the devils schemes - and where to stand on internet fighting. ;)

You should stand up and defend the gospel, your faith, Jesus/God, the righteous, the needy, the poor, the oppressed, and so on. You should also know how to do so gracefully.

If it's on the internet, I'm probably not going to get involved unless I am protecting a close friend, someone God has told me to protect, or if the instigator person is incredibly wrong.

But sometimes things need to be done and be dealt with.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and hey I don't know about you guys but I'm sick and tired of all the drama. :rolleyes: Anybody want to come to my eighties party tonight!?! It starts at seven pm et. :D

Oh darn I'm only 79.

As a Police officer I got involved in a lot other Peoples fights. Not fun.

H2S has the best advice. Take it to a PM.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh darn I'm only 79.

As a Police officer I got involved in a lot other Peoples fights. Not fun.

H2S has the best advice. Take it to a PM.

Lol oh come on anybody can enjoy the eighties. XD And I did,.. but even so she's still being stubborn. Enough drama, been there,.. done that,.. but it doesn't look like I'm in trouble so that's good news. And seriously I would like it if you came to the party. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys,.. the person involved with this incident today just did something extremely mean to me, but I don't know how to report it because it isn't directly against the rules. :(