• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you take medicine from a store to save the life of your wife or daughter?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other / Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was discussing this with several friends of mine, one of them is a social worker, and this was a classic moral dilemma that I think they talk to people about.

If you were extremely poor, and lacked the means to obtain or borrow money in a sufficient amount of time, but your wife or daughter was going to die without medicine - what would you do? If the ONLY seeming way was to "take" what they needed from a nearby pharmacy.

It is basically a matter of relative morality vs. absolute morality, I guess. The left-brain or the right-brain, the head or the heart.

What would you guys honestly do in such a difficult scenario?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was discussing this with several friends of mine, one of them is a social worker, and this was a classic moral dilemma that I think they talk to people about.

If you were extremely poor, and lacked the means to obtain or borrow money in a sufficient amount of time, but your wife or daughter was going to die without medicine - what would you do? If the ONLY seeming way was to "take" what they needed from a nearby pharmacy.

It is basically a matter of relative morality vs. absolute morality, I guess. The left-brain or the right-brain, the head or the heart.

What would you guys honestly do in such a difficult scenario?

The poll does not consider the response of putting your trust completely in God so that His Glory is on display in the events that will unfold.

God's grace for the man in his circumstances is not considered.

As such you are asking the responders whether or not they would discount God's ability to act and act God like themselves, which for a God-fearing person means that they must turn away from God and His ability to do what is right in the hypothetical scenario presented. The consequence for a God-fearing person is the second death unless they repent before their physical death for turning aw2ay from God to act God like.