Would you want to throw a Bible into a Mosque like here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about what happened at a Colorado mosque...breaking of windows and throwing a Bible in?
Something you want to do?
What message does it give?
Do you think it accomplishes anything? And what?
Does it make you feel glad or disgusted that this happened?
Any down sides to this?
Would you want your church to take part in helping them fix the place? Or write an open letter in apology if Christians did this?

Haha, don' feel you need to ans these...just thoughts to aid any discussions.

Reactions: bbyrd009

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about what happened at a Colorado mosque...breaking of windows and throwing a Bible in?
Any down sides to this?
Would you want your church to take part in helping them fix the place? Or write an open letter in apology if Christians did this?

I like your last suggested response to the vandalism. I used to live in that city, btw.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any down sides to this?

Agree with tabletalk if I understood him correctly.

"Would you want your church to take part in helping them fix the place? Or write an open letter in apology if Christians did this?"

Throwing a bible in a window is a coward way of doing things. It takes no accountability and serves no real purpose other than hate. The action drives people away from God rather than draws them toward His mercy and forgiveness.

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if a church in Ft. Collins will think of this...if it happens and is reported I'll keep us posted.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any down sides to this?

Thanks for your post.
I think a different question would be...
What does God think of this! o_O
It is to Him that both "sides" will have to answer.
I am quite biased on the whole Muslim thing...I can understand why some would start retaliation. I have to watch my own attitude.
So the least I say the better. :)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did this really happen? Did they catch who did it? Who did it?

Stranger

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any down sides to this?

Basic rule of our Faith! For God so Loved the World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I die, I belong to God- If I Live I belong to God - so weather I Live or Die I belong to God!
Everything we see, smell,Touch, Taste was Created by God!
All Mankind was given a measure of Faith, what we choose to do with it, will be on us Individually, Pray this Prayer!! God teach me to love what You Love, and Teach Me to Hate what You Hate, and If He answers! then walk in it!
By the Way, the act of retribution, for not being like us is un-excusable! that is what others do! and we find it deplorable.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any down sides to this?

why are you asking? sheep don't have to tweak there sheep's clothing to be perceived as sheep, if they be sheep already, do they? only wolves need to tweak their sheep's clothing to be perceived as sheep.

Reactions: Truth

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any down sides to this?

I do believe my Catholic parish would develop a committee to discuss the issue and probably determine to send funds to help fix the Mosque, but it would no longer be needed because the Quaker Church i attend would have already rebuilt the entire section......it is just the type of people they are.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! Good one...now why didn't I say that! :)

I don't know. It was the first thought that came to me when I first read this post a couple of weeks ago. A Bible, which could have been given to someone who was truly interested in the things of God, is thrown away into a mosque of hornets who could care less what the Bible says.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ya, hornets and locusts can be perceived, imaginary, or they can be real, i guess
hornets can be stirred up too, see, if they are hornets, then why stir them up? i mean"ah, here are some hornets, let me just stir them up" ya, no hypocrisy there right