Wow! I Knew That The Holy Spirit Could Translate People. There Was Just No Evidence until...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There was only one person recorded in the bible that was able to move in a divine way from one place to another by the Power of the Holy Spirit ~ Elijah [1 Kings 18:46] and one taken up by the Spirit by his hair ~ Ezekiel in visions to Jerusalem [Ezekiel 8:3], I have never read any other account which was closely similar until I read this snippet on the Welsh Revival...

The Remnant On Line History Page
SMITH WIGGLESWORTH ~ "Apostle of Faith" By Rev. Jerrell H. Miller

SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND—Paul Mercy’s life was spoken of by prophecy. It happened in a service in Wales. Smith Wigglesworth called two mothers forward in a service in 1933 and said that both would birth a baby within a year. Pastor Paul Mercy of Ebenezer Assembly of God was one of those babies, and the other was a woman who would go on to play a vital role in the British Assemblies of God.

Mercy spoke about the move of the Spirit and the effects of the Welsh revival. His father pastored the Pentecostal church in Cross Keys, Wales. The old stories of Pentecost are more than just legends. They tell a story of powerful supernatural testimonies of people who sought God and found Him when they were in need. Mercy spoke about a common phenomena that happened during the Welsh revival. Many people talked about walking off the front steps of their homes and being translated to the front door of the home church. The same thing would happen to people who stayed late in services. Coal miners who had to work the next day very often found themselves transported from the steps of the church to their own homes nearly two and three miles away. At the time nobody thought of this as being a miracle. It got to be a common place occurrence that happened to several people.
http://theremnant.com/wigglesworth.html

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Angelina, Did you forget this story in the NT? Acts 8:38-39 - "And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing."

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I kinda knew that off by heart and had Philip down as well. Then I checked the scripture again but I only read the first part where he ran up to the chariot....didn't check the end of that story...[sleep deprived, sorry] :unsure: Thanks Trekson! ~ let's add Philip to the equation as well :D

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was one instance in New Zealand of a man from another island from where Wigglesworth was preaching. He had punctured his brain with a rusty nail and complained of his head being on fire. His son took him across the straight where he came to the evening meetings, but he could not rest. A brief prayer for him was made in which he stormed out in rage, “Is this all he did after coming all the way from Blenheim?”

His son later wrote that while the steamer was crossing between the two islands suddenly and mysteriously the pain had left his fathers head; the puncture had closed up; all the inflammation had gone, and he was at that moment perfectly healed.

On the video below @ 9:49 there is an incredible story about a woman Smith Wiggleworth encouraged in his ministry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebAgnxXEm8

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
<<At the time nobody thought of this as being a miracle. It got to be a common place occurrence that happened to several people.>>

I love it! Amazing things happen when people get serious!

Fast and pray

Axehead

May 9, 2012
My missions teacher in school (John Garlock) was the son of H.B Garlock who was translated across a river when cannibals were after him. Great book to read to your kids.

http://www.amazon.com/Before-Kill-And-Eat-You/dp/0830739076/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

In 1920, Henry B. (H.B.) Garlock and some months later his bride, Ruth, traveled to West Africa to bring the gospel to a place known as "the white man's grave." Before We Kill and Eat You tells the Garlocks' fascinating real-life story of faith and calling in the face of malaria, cannibals and witch doctors. Readers will be inspired and encouraged by tales, as if taken straight from the book of Acts, of blind men healed and of people raised from the dead. Though many of their colleagues before them succumbed to death, H.B. and Ruth persevered in the midst of unbelievable hardship to reap an incredible harvest of believers that continues to this day.

In a land called "the white man's grave," the only insurance against malaria, cannibals and death was faith in God...

"[The Pahn warriors] made a mad rush toward me with drawn knives, shouting "Kill him. Kill him!" The leader lunged at me with his cutlass raised to behead me. When it seemed the end had come and my head was about to be severed from my body, I closed my eyes and committed myself to God, repeating over and over again the one name that is above every name, "JESUS, JESUS!" Suddenly there was a deathlike stillness."

About the Author
H.B. GARLOCK (1897-1985) originally wrote this book with the editorial assistance of his daughter-in-law RUTHANNE GARLOCK, who has revised it for a new generation of readers. "As you read 'Before We Kill and Eat You', you will relive the exciting missionary adventures of H.B. Garlock, a wonderful servant of God who labored in Africa more than 80 years ago. In a sense, you will be transported back to the Book of Acts where the miraculous power of the Holy Spirit was manifested on a regular basis." - Jim Cymbala, The Brooklyn Tabernacle.
http://www.garlockministries.org/archives.htm