Write My Laws on Your Hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say in Scritpure that God would write His laws on the hearts of the gentiles when they trust in Jesus?

I can't find a place.

Can you?

Much love!

Reactions: charity

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say in Scritpure that God would write His laws on the hearts of the gentiles when they trust in Jesus?

I can't find a place.

Can you?

Much love!

What was said to the Jews, the Gentiles inherited as they are grafted into Israel. The laws written on our hearts were the eternal laws of God: Love God with all your heart, mind and body, and your love neighbor as yourself. It is a mistake to believe they were the Ten Commandments. How can you write the Sabbath day into your nature? Do you just know when the Sabbath begins and ends? Or must that be a learned behavior not written on our heart, and merely a "work" of the law of Moses. Besides, in the 10C you couldn't murder or commit adultery, but nothing was done about inner hatred or lust. But the eternal laws of God take care of them by His Spirit. (If one HAS His Spirit.)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reference?

Luke 10:

25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?

27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”

Matthew 22:
34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

And Romans 11 (The key regarding Gentiles)

Jeremiah 31:31-34
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I can't find a place.

Can you?

Much love!
Hebrews 8:10, Hebrews 10:16, Ezekiel 11:19, Ezekiel 36:26, Jeremiah 31:33
God deals with people, humans ie, progeny of Adam.

The ethnic and or racial divisions are our own, not God's. They are a human invention to seperate people from people being satanic in origin.

God's division consists of those who have faith and those who don't, irrespective of where they were born or their line of decent as in parentage.
One can put it a different way....those in Adam and those in Christ

Those 'in Adam' so to speak, do the works of the flesh (unsanctified behaviour, opposes and breakers of God's Law).....those 'in Christ' the works of the Spirit (sanctified behaviour, honouring God's Law by keeping it)

Understanding this sweeps away all the theories of Israel (politically) having special status including all the eschatology men have cobbled together to that end.

The enemy has ever said that God's Law is impossible to keep. Those who sympathise with this view have chosen their allegiance with the enemy even while their words flourish with God talk.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, this is the ministry of the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

Jeremiah 31:
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 NOT according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

In covenant theology we can see that nothing changes in a covenant. Not a jot or a tittle. Therefore, during the span of a covenant ALL things remain the same and are in effect. There is no such thing as taking bits and pieces of a covenant and leaving the rest, like the sacrifices or feasts. No, a whole new covenant with different laws completely replace the old.

Hebrews 7:12 regarding Christ as the New High Priest

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can't find a place.

Can you?

Much love!
This seems to:

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This seems to:

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

For years I thought these were unsaved Gentiles that were a law unto themselves, but no. These are grafted in Gentiles to the Church, without the Jewish law, but the law of the Spirit of life in Christ.

How could I miss this for so long! Actually decades! I've only seen the truth for a couple months!

for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature (BORN AGAIN!!!) do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you see the writer of Hebrews had in mind here?

I wrote BarnyFife what I would say:

I understand your confusion having once been SDA, and am not mocking you or your beliefs that the Old Covenant still is in force. You already have all of the new covenant you need to be saved, but have hung on to the old as well, not knowing the meaning of you can't put new wine into old wine-skins. I believe once you said something about covenant theology. In any covenant ALL of the covenant is in force, or NONE of it is. You can't just keep the Ten Commandments and Leviticus 11 laws, and not the feasts too. The New Covenant has laws that go far beyond the Ten Commandments, establishing the true law of God of loving God with all the heart, mind, and body, and loving your neighbor as yourself, and writing those two on our hearts. I know you believe it was the 10C that were written on our hearts, but the eternal laws are much more than they. That is found written about in the Old Covenant, but the Ten Commandments, holy as they were, could never bring a person to that level of holiness. They were commanded to merely not murder, when the core of the sin was hate, not addressed. The same was said of adultery. They were not to commit the actual act, but nothing was said about lusting after another person's spouse. See how incomplete and how far from the eternal law of God when seen side by side?

Jesus came to take care of the inner core issues of sin and introduced His updated version of the Old commandments of the Father and what they were when He started showing His own commandments in the Sermon on the Mount. After the Day of Pentecost, Jesus cleansed those who repented and believed on Him by eradicating the sin nature (the problem source) and empowering us with His sinless Spirit and wrote the actual eternal law of God to love God with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself into our new nature. Now look at the New Covenant laws and see how they complete the eternal laws of God when seen side by side.

Love God with all your heart, mind, and body, and love your neighbor.

1 John 3:23-24 "And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

John 15:10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love."

They are two similar but separate sets of commandments. I know well your comeback that Jesus and the Father are one, but you need to read this a few times if you still can't see the difference.

As far as what I see about you, you have the actual eternal laws of God written on your heart and love Jesus, but you mistakenly think they are the 10C, so therefore add the Sabbath which was the sign of the Old Covenant, but not the New. The Cup of the New Covenant is the sign of the New.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
CharismaticLady said:
As far as what I see about you, you have the actual eternal laws of God written on your heart and love Jesus, but you mistakenly think they are the 10C, so therefore add the Sabbath which was the sign of the Old Covenant, but not the New. The Cup of the New Covenant is the sign of the New.

My dear, The Sabbath was a sign of the everlasting covenant as are the other Commandments written on the heart. You have created a split not created by scripture regarding this......you are doing the enemies bidding re this.

And why is it that you object to The Sabbath Commandment as included with the other nine? Surely God spoke them together and wrote them with his own finger.
Jesus made them honourable and was without sin for it is by the Law that sin is determined yet you find objection.....a strange enchantment, nay seduction!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
The law was written to all mankind, the non-christian had the law written in their heart while in fact they're not following Torah (Romans 2:11-15). The law itself are living in other religion also, so, the flaw itself sometimes came from within ourselves as the origin of the law.
Peter & Paul was the sign as the circumcised (live strict to the law) and uncircumcised (live outside the law), this was the distinction between protestant and catholic. Many protestant said that catholic is one of the gentiles and had not lived by the law of being kept the idolatery inside the church (Exodus 20:4), but many protestant are also had not lived by the law of Christ rather they're also violate the law of being judge others (Galatians 6:12-13).
So, if Peter was circumcised and Paul was uncircumcised what makes the difference in front of the Lord ?
Did Peter saved by his circumcision and Paul unsaved because he was uncircumcised ?
Galatians 2 was the significant truth that since Paul the circumcised people always pride of their righteousness and make them as more exclusive than Paul, until today protestant always felt they're higher than catholic because they're anointed by His spirit (1 Corinthians 14) but God was made all mankind equal as a sinners because there's no one are righteous before the Lord. Catholic faith are based on the faith of Abraham not by strictly lived under the law (Galatians 3:8-12; Galatians 5:1-6). Catholic was not lived under the law because nobody could defends their strict obedient under the law for their entire life, does protestant can confirm their strict obedient of their entire life under the law including to not covet even in business deals ?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can't find a place.

Can you?

Much love!
Have you noticed that the Jeremiah prophecy speaks of "law" singular, not "laws" plural? Wouldn't the singular indicate the entire body of legislation?
Another question, what makes a "law"? Isn't a law an edict enforced by courts?
I wonder if these two questions have a bearing on your question?

I suppose Gentile believers can claim to have the "law" written on their heart if the definition of "law" is restricted to love God and love neighbor. But are they talking about the law or the fruit of the Spirit? Didn't Paul say that if we are being led by the spirit we are not under the law? Galatians 5:16-24

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can't find a place.

Can you?

Much love!

‘I can’t find a place.’ Isn’t the place found in Christ? ‘I will give them a new heart’ and ‘will put my spirit within you’ 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Luke 8:14-15 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. [15] But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

‘which in an honest and good heart’ bear fruit ...What ground, what heart if not Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Last edited:

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Ten Commandments are the base of Torah, and ten commandments are based on Noahide Laws. So, ten commandments are singular and the plural details were written in 5 books of Moses.
So, how come if men doesn't have Spirit in particular church can explain what inside the bible (John 14:26-27). Body are died because of sins (Romans 8:10-13), but whosoever lived in Spirit made the flesh become enmity with the soul (1 Peter 2:11), the works of the sins made the flesh become the enemy of the spirit (2 Corinthians 4:6-15) and the flesh enmity itself was the cross of our lives as a Christian. Every christian should make the cross of the flesh as the spiritual exercise to overcome the sins that works inside our body (1 Corinthians 9:21-27), because whosoever violate the ten commandments are given the gift of the flesh as a teaser (Job 4:15-18) into our spiritual lives.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For years I thought these were unsaved Gentiles that were a law unto themselves, but no. These are grafted in Gentiles to the Church, without the Jewish law, but the law of the Spirit of life in Christ.

How could I miss this for so long! Actually decades! I've only seen the truth for a couple months!

for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature (BORN AGAIN!!!) do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
Has Paul argued that the Gentiles have the law written on their hearts or "the work of the law" written on their hearts? What is the "work" of the law?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now in Jeremiah 31:34 it is a very unique passage of scripture.
It is a prophecy...about the future.
The end of the caste based lifestyle that the Israelites lived in.

Under the Old Covenant a Levite Priest was needed to have access to the written Torah(Law) and for the forgiveness of sins...
The most anyone (who wasn't a Levite Priest or Rabbi) could do was to tell someone else "Know The LORD" .
You couldn't recite scripture to anyone who was not your slave or child. Doing so would obviously be a huge insult... even if you knew they didn't know the Torah.

Also there was no forgiveness of sins without a sacrifice and a priest to place it on the Altar. One of the Old Testament kings had an Earthquake and spot of Leprosy appear because he decided that he could place his own sacrifice on the Altar.

Now before a Levite could be a Priest he had to have a ceremonial bath...just like Moses did for Aaron. And today we call this practice a Baptism. Which is why the Ethiopian Eunuch wanted to be Baptized so he could relate, with authorization and the right to, all he had learned from Phillip to his Queen and the rest of Ethiopia.

Today we refer to this right and ability of scripture handling and seeking forgiveness for our sins ourselves without an intermediary as the doctrine of the Priesthood of Every Believer.
It was instituted by John the Baptist...
And this very thing led Jesus to say: " Of those born among women there has been none greater than John".

That's very high praise coming from God himself now isn't it?

Reactions: marks

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has Paul argued that the Gentiles have the law written on their hearts or "the work of the law" written on their hearts? What is the "work" of the law?

Well, of course, all Christians have the law written on their hearts. Without the Spirit of Christ we wouldn't belong to Christ. Romans 8:9. Paul said there is neither Jew nor Gentile. All are one in Christ. The "work of the law" are outward laws like feast days, choosing which foods to eat, circumcision, and ritually keeping Sabbath from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Laws written on our heart are now part of our nature/instincts. They are ingrained, and don't have to be taught.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 10:

25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?

27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”

I'm not seeing anything here about laws written on the hearts of born again gentiles. Can you highlight what you are seeing?

Matthew 22:
34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Same question . . . can you highlight in the above passage about laws written on the hearts of gentiles at rebirth?

And Romans 11 (The key regarding Gentiles)
Quite the chapter, again, same question though.

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

This may be the place most are familiar with. This is addressed specifically to Israel though.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The ethnic and or racial divisions are our own, not God's. They are a human invention to seperate people from people being satanic in origin.

God's division consists of those who have faith and those who don't, irrespective of where they were born or their line of decent as in parentage.
One can put it a different way....those in Adam and those in Christ

Those 'in Adam' so to speak, do the works of the flesh (unsanctified behaviour, opposes and breakers of God's Law).....those 'in Christ' the works of the Spirit (sanctified behaviour, honouring God's Law by keeping it)

Understanding this sweeps away all the theories of Israel (politically) having special status including all the eschatology men have cobbled together to that end.

The enemy has ever said that God's Law is impossible to keep. Those who sympathise with this view have chosen their allegiance with the enemy even while their words flourish with God talk.

Wan't it God Who appointed 70 nations, and then chose one of them?

The question I'm asking is based on God's declaration that this single nation had special status with Him,

Jeremiah declares a time will come when God will make a new covenant with Israel, and will put His law in their minds, and write it on their hearts. @CadyandZoe has rightly pointed out this is singular, Law.

Ezekiel 36
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Ezekiel 37
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

And it seems that to have God's Law written on their hearts means that they will do them, all of them.

Hebrews 8:10,
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This is to Israel, and not the gentiles . . .

Hebrews 10:16,
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Quoting from the same place . . .

Ezekiel 11:19,
14 Again the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
15 Son of man, thy brethren, even thy brethren, the men of thy kindred, and all the house of Israel wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Get you far from the Lord: unto us is this land given in possession.
16 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.

I'm unclear what your connection is here . . .

Ezekiel 36:26,
Quoted above . . . this passage is addressed specifically to Israel.

Jeremiah 31:33
33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

I'm not really thinking in terms of eschatology, but you do raise a good point! This is an eschatalogical promise to Israel, something that will happen when Jesus returns.

Ezekiel 36
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This will be when God regathers all of Israel back to the land.

I'm just not seeing where this "write My law on your hearts" is meant for anyone besides Israel when Jesus returns.

Much love!