Wrong interpretations and application

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
great mistakes and errors are made through applying to ourselves what does not apply to us - it is clearly and readily seen in some cases what obviously does not apply to us as also what does apply but in many if not most other cases this is not so obvious - a case in point, right at the start is that we are not made in the image and likeness of God but Adam was - that is what the Bible says and furthermore tells us we are made in the fallen image and likeness of Adam[Gen 5:3] - what is the big difference that makes all the difference = we have fallen human fathers and mothers but neither God nor Adam had fallen human fathers or mothers imho - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
great mistakes and errors are made through applying to ourselves what does not apply to us - it is clearly and readily seen in some cases what obviously does not apply to us as also what does apply but in many if not most other cases this is not so obvious - a case in point, right at the start is that we are not made in the image and likeness of God but Adam was - that is what the Bible says and furthermore tells us we are made in the fallen image and likeness of Adam[Gen 5:3] - what is the big difference that makes all the difference = we have fallen human fathers and mothers but neither God nor Adam had fallen human fathers or mothers imho - twinc
I have fallen and can't get up? is this what you're applying. question if we're restored in Christ Jesus being born again, or from ABOVE, what is the image NOW?.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I have fallen and can't get up? is this what you're applying. question if we're restored in Christ Jesus being born again, or from ABOVE, what is the image NOW?.

it is a case of now or never - most reckon they are not yet born again some as adults very late in life - the point in contention is repeat that we are not now created in the image and likeness but have to be restored to it - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is a case of now or never - most reckon they are not yet born again some as adults very late in life - the point in contention is repeat that we are not now created in the image and likeness but have to be restored to it - twinc
I can't buy your assessment. Restore, it means: 1. bring back, reinstate. 2. return (someone or something) to a former condition, place, or position. 3. repair or renovate (a building, work of art, vehicle, etc.) so as to return it to its original condition.

see, if it's the "original condition", or "former condition". the bible calls it "A NEW CREATION".

can you agree?.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I can't buy your assessment. Restore, it means: 1. bring back, reinstate. 2. return (someone or something) to a former condition, place, or position. 3. repair or renovate (a building, work of art, vehicle, etc.) so as to return it to its original condition.

see, if it's the "original condition", or "former condition". the bible calls it "A NEW CREATION".

can you agree?.

at baptism we are born again as 'a new creation' in the image and likeness of God to whom heaven is open as sons of God - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
at baptism we are born again as 'a new creation' in the image and likeness of God to whom heaven is open as sons of God - twinc
the heavens was open at our brother Stephen DEATH.

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Based on my Biblical understanding:

In the Day, Adam and Eve were Created in the image and likeness of God (Gen 1:26-27) or Born Again spiritually - both A&E have already committed their “original sins”; kicked out of the garden of Eden; Cain had already killed Abel; and this very important event took place during the Seth’ generations; .... and only after man began to call upon the name of the Lord (Gen 4:26) ...and pray or repent.

Gen 5:1-3
v1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; v2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. v3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Of course, Cain, who was a Murderer and a Liar from the beginning could NOT have been an image or likeness of God.

But that is just based on my Biblical understanding. Try to correct me if I am wrong.

God bless

Last edited:

4Pillars

Dec 20, 2013
Maryland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based on my Biblical understanding:

In the Day, Adam and Eve were Created in the image and likeness of God (Gen 1:26-27) or Born Again spiritually - both A&E have already committed their “original sins”; kicked out of the garden of Eden; Cain had already killed Abel; and this very important event took place during the Seth’ generations; .... and only after man began to call upon the name of the Lord (Gen 4:26) ...and pray or repent.

Gen 5:1-3
v1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; v2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. v3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Of course, Cain, who was a Murderer and a Liar from the beginning could NOT have been an image or likeness of God.

But that is just based on my Biblical understanding. Try to correct me if I am wrong.

God bless

Let me rephrase my post for better understanding.

Adam was "formed" or shaped, as a Potter molds the Clay, on the 3rd Day AFTER Adam's Earth was made but BEFORE the plants GREW. Gen 2:4-7

He was surrounded with Shekinah Glory and live with Jesus/YHWH as our Lord' meet during the actual physical Making of our Worlds... before Adam sinned and lost his glory on the 6th Day together with Eve.

Adam was born again or "CREATED spiritually in God's Image" on the 6th Day at the SAME time Eve was "created in God's Image". Gen 1:27 AND Gen 5:1-3

The assertion I posted on this thread says "Made" since Adam was "Made" or formed FIRST becoming a natural living soul and SINNED..... He later was forgiven and redeemed by the Triune of God upon calling the name of the Lord (Gen.4:26)... and by being born again or created Spiritually in the image and likeness of God.. Gen 1:26-27; 5:1-3.

In fact, here’s another Scripture below that agrees with my post...

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is Spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is Spiritual.

The SAME thing is true of every person. That is WHY Jesus said, You MUST be born again in spirit.

If you still believe that my Biblical understanding is wrong then please feel free to refute my post with supporting Scripture.... Thanks

God bless

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me rephrase my post for better understanding.

Adam was "formed" or shaped, as a Potter molds the Clay, on the 3rd Day AFTER Adam's Earth was made but BEFORE the plants GREW. Gen 2:4-7

He was surrounded with Shekinah Glory and live with Jesus/YHWH as our Lord' meet during the actual physical Making of our Worlds... before Adam sinned and lost his glory on the 6th Day together with Eve.

Adam was born again or "CREATED spiritually in God's Image" on the 6th Day at the SAME time Eve was "created in God's Image". Gen 1:27 AND Gen 5:1-3

The assertion I posted on this thread says "Made" since Adam was "Made" or formed FIRST becoming a natural living soul and SINNED..... He later was forgiven and redeemed by the Triune of God upon calling the name of the Lord (Gen.4:26)... and by being born again or created Spiritually in the image and likeness of God.. Gen 1:26-27; 5:1-3.

In fact, here’s another Scripture below that agrees with my post...

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is Spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is Spiritual.

The SAME thing is true of every person. That is WHY Jesus said, You MUST be born again in spirit.

If you still believe that my Biblical understanding is wrong then please feel free to refute my post with supporting Scripture.... Thanks

God bless
GINOLJC. first thanks for the post. I agree with the assessment that Adam was formed on day 3. but on the 6th day, it was the woman who was formed because from the man was formed the woman. it was the sexes made on day 6. the image of God is "another" or two Adams/ Man, one from another. for Adam/man means "another".
H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
from H119
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

when God formed man, the woman was within him, but not yet manifested into the world.
which is true of 1Co 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is Spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is Spiritual". this is correct. the natural man came into the world first. but the LIFE-GIVING man came afterward, or was manifested later. 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit". the coming of the Last Adam, (who was spirit, before the natural Adam), did not manifest into the world until after the natural man, supportive scripture, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC. first thanks for the post. I agree with the assessment that Adam was formed on day 3. but on the 6th day, it was the woman who was formed because from the man was formed the woman. it was the sexes made on day 6. the image of God is "another" or two Adams/ Man, one from another. for Adam/man means "another".
H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
from H119
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

when God formed man, the woman was within him, but not yet manifested into the world.
which is true of 1Co 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is Spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is Spiritual". this is correct. the natural man came into the world first. but the LIFE-GIVING man came afterward, or was manifested later. 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit". the coming of the Last Adam, (who was spirit, before the natural Adam), did not manifest into the world until after the natural man, supportive scripture, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

man carries male and female chromosomes[xy] whereas a woman only carries female chromosomes[y] which supports the above - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man carries male and female chromosomes[xy] whereas a woman only carries female chromosomes[y] which supports the above - twinc
I thought it was Male xy and female xx, or correct me

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agreed no argument or anyone to argue with = extinction - twinc
extinction... yikes. what about Asexual? Matthew 19:26 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the fun, but like the apostle said, 2 Corinthians 11:1 "Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me".... (smile)

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the fun, but like the apostle said, 2 Corinthians 11:1 "Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me".... (smile)

this is possible for women but not for men - twinc