WWWIii

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not saying he didnt desrve it but is the assanation of Suliwhatever the marker of wwiii ?
Nothing new under the sun...

B

Butterfly

My son and I were discussing this yesterday - still dont know whether I agree with this assassination ( oh dont get me wrong , this man needed to be taken out - but there is always someone else to rise up and take his place ) Was it revenge or war - thats what I cant decide on.
Will the consequences be worth it - was it justified?
' revenge is mine sayeth the Lord '
I guess only time will tell.
You know the UK have been brought in to this- well our flag was being burnt as well, and yet the president chose not to inform our prime minister of what he was planning, and it was clearly planned. It was an assassination.
And then the president announces that he doesnt want war- that negotiation is the answer. Yet these are emotional reactive people , who will definately desire revenge.
I think there are mixed views , and as I said, I am honestly not sure if I think it was a wrong or right move.......
Rita

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not saying he didnt desrve it but is the assanation of Suliwhatever the marker of wwiii ?
Not very likely. Iran has been itching to be put in its place while its people suffer hardships.

What is truly shameful and treasonous is the sympathy being shown by the Western MSM (media) to this evil man, who was responsible for the killing of thousands of American soldiers as well as Syrians, Kurds, etc.

BTW there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between assassination and execution. So did you mean execution, or did you buy into the nonsense promoted by all the Leftist media who hate America more than they hate the enemies of America.

Reactions: Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was it revenge or war - thats what I cant decide on. Will the consequences be worth it - was it justified?
When there is war, the issue of revenge is not a factor. Soldiers expect to be killed in battle, and this was a righteous execution of a devilish man. And the consequences are that --hopefully -- Iran will stop exporting terrorism and hatred right across the globe, and mind its own business.

Obama was the man who encouraged Iran to continue with its reckless and irresponsible attitude. It is one of the rogue nations of the world, constantly stirring strife, hatred, and the loss of lives.

What really should have happened at the same time was a missile strike on the Mullahs and Ayatollahs who have destroyed Iran. Once those devilish men are out of the picture, there is some hope for sanity in the Middle East. Their hatred for Israel and the Jews knows no abounds, and the billions which Obama supplied them have been traced back to terrorism worldwide. So guess who should have been impeached but got away scot-free?

B

Butterfly

BTW there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between assassination and execution. So did you mean execution, or did you buy into the nonsense promoted by all the Leftist media who hate America more than they hate the enemies of America.
How are they different Enoch- Do you mean that execution is a punishment for crimes committed, where as assignation is deliberately killing someone without cause ?
If you did, then I see your point. Although either way , from the prospective of the opposing side, they are not going to see it in that way.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy
B

Butterfly

When there is war, the issue of revenge is not a factor. Soldiers expect to be killed in battle, and this was a righteous execution of a devilish man. And the consequences are that --hopefully -- Iran will stop exporting terrorism and hatred right across the globe, and mind its own business.
Why do you think they will ' just see reason ' and stop exporting terrorism- isn't that wishful thinking !?
It would be great if that did happen, but at the moment, I am not convinced it will.
President Trump did say that he did this to avoid war, which I don't completely get, but it does mean that he doesn't believe you are at war at the moment.
It's just something we are mulling over- the point you raise about it being an execution is interesting to add to the mix, not something I had considered. Rita

B

Butterfly

You know I have just read the news report transcript of what President Trump said with regards to why he acted, have to say I agree with his explanation - I dont usually like everything he says - but this time round I do x

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How are they different Enoch- Do you mean that execution is a punishment for crimes committed, where as assignation is deliberately killing someone without cause ? If you did, then I see your point.
You got it.
Although either way , from the prospective of the opposing side, they are not going to see it in that way. Rita
The mad mullahs of Iran will never see anything for what it is. They are essentially delusional, thus they have wasted trillions of Iran's money on plotting the nuclear destruction of Israel, and the global export of terrorism. They pay terrorists monthly stipends, and fund all their arms, ammunition, and attacks on others. Within this mix is also their hatred for Sunni Muslims, and attacks on Sunnis wherever possible. Yemen is a good example.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing new under the sun...
It may be a marker on the road to WWIII, but I don't any of the players willing to go too far now. It's true Russia and China just did miltary exercises with Iran, but I doubt they'd risk nuclear war to help Iran with this problem.

It could lead to increased friction inside Iraq, maybe a civil war since the Sunnis were applauding his death while the Shia were mourning. It surely makes American relations with Iraq more tense.

I expect Iran will try to get revenge through the militias they fund. Iran would probably like Hezbollah to attack Israel, but it seems doubtful to me that that will happen. Iran would like to send materials to various Palestinian groups, but Egypt's cut off that supply route.

Iran has the option of attacking oil tankers, of course. They've already done that. I'm sure they would again if they thought they could get away with it. That would infuriate the US and much of the world especially if the price of oil soared. People might complain, but I think the US would bomb facilities in Iran if they attacked oil tankers to take out the areas they launched missiles or drones from.

Drones may a possibility. They have been used in conflicts in the Middle East, but so far no one seems to have used them for attacks thousands of miles away. Maybe they don't have long-range drones? If they ever get those, they could create hundreds of problems in the US; and the US is unable to identify drones satisfactorily -- they're working on it.

I'd wager Iran will do some cyber-warfare. They've had clever programmers for years.

They'll be some time as Iran studies the options. I suspect they may launch smaller attacks while they plan something bigger for later this closer to the election. They may want to interfere with Trump's re-election bid by doing something big shortly before election day.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It may be a marker on the road to WWIII, but I don't any of the players willing to go too far now. It's true Russia and China just did miltary exercises with Iran, but I doubt they'd risk nuclear war to help Iran with this problem.

I guess a lot will depend on how Russia responds.
They are bound by treaty to defend Iran if it is attacked, and I'd lay money that Iran is already talking to them about honouring their commitment.
This could get out of control very quickly..

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it.

The mad mullahs of Iran will never see anything for what it is. They are essentially delusional, thus they have wasted trillions of Iran's money on plotting the nuclear destruction of Israel, and the global export of terrorism. They pay terrorists monthly stipends, and fund all their arms, ammunition, and attacks on others. Within this mix is also their hatred for Sunni Muslims, and attacks on Sunnis wherever possible. Yemen is a good example.

It seems that Israel has always been surrounded by Nations who hate them and want them ALL dead.

Reactions: Enoch111

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess a lot will depend on how Russia responds.
They are bound by treaty to defend Iran if it is attacked, and I'd lay money that Iran is already talking to them about honouring their commitment.
This could get out of control very quickly..
It wasn't a direct attack on Iran itself. Iran also wouldn't want too much Russian support since it would make them look weak. They're getting domestic benefits from this since Soleimani was extremely popular inside Iran. It's a distraction from the internal problems they had. It will serve to unify Iranians.

I checked RT, the Russian propaganda site.

35 ‘vital US & Israeli targets’ within Iran’s reach for potential REVENGE for General Soleimani’s death – senior IRGC commander

Iran reserves the right to avenge the US’ killing of Major General Qassem Soleimani, with dozens of potential targets already on the list, a senior commander within the elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) says.

“Vital American targets in the region have been identified by Iran a long time ago,” General Gholamali Abuhamzeh, who leads the IRGC in Iran’s southern Kerman Province, said on Friday evening, as quoted by Tasnim News Agency.

The commander did not name any specific targets but mentioned that US warships have been operating in the Strait of Hormuz, an important shipping route, which connects the Persian Gulf with the Gulf of Oman and the Indian Ocean.

It seems China may also use it as an excuse to flex their muscles a little.

China on Soleimani killing: US should not abuse military power, we are watching

Washington’s Iran policy is counterproductive and the killing of Qassem Soleimani is an abuse of US military force, a senior Chinese diplomat said in a call with Tehran, adding Beijing will play a “constructive” role in the Gulf.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi stressed that his nation opposes the use of military force after hearing from his Iranian counterpart Javad Zarif, who condemned the US’ targeted assassination of Major General Qassem Soleimani on Friday. Wang stressed that the US operation was a breach of international norms and threatened to significantly increase turbulence in the region.

The Trump administration’s strategy of maximum pressure against Tehran was impractical, the Chinese diplomat added, promising that Beijing will hold an objective and fair position necessary to improve the situation in the Middle East.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It wasn't a direct attack on Iran itself

Thanks for the info in your post.

As for this, i dont agree. If someone launched an airstrike on Canada, killing our top military commander, i'm pretty sure I'd consider that a direct attack on my country.
The question remains whether Russia will see this as a direct attack on Iran, triggering their defense pact..