Ye Shall Be As Gods

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. - Genesis 3:5 .

Look at what the serpent had to say about eating from the tree of "the knowledge of good and evil."
The Serpent initiated the conversation, and he spoke a truth!

1) God knows..God did know!

2) your eyes shall be open...they were open to; death shame and guilt good and evil, with now the ability to sin. Evil is not sin..to do evil is sin (God created both good and evil), Isaiah 45:7 ;
- 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7.
The sinner (lucifer-son of the morning) from the beginning is the evil one; because he did evil in the beginning and sinned against God and was put out of heaven. Human beings are evil by that evil one from the beginning. Human beings are created in the image and likeness of God.

3) be as gods...god complex of being something in themselves.

This will determine believers growing in grace and knowledge. In the god like mentality - believers will have to make a calculated choice..over they're right to be right. That is the old identity - in the old identity is your rights. I have a right to be right. Identity crisis comes, and the schoolhouse (circumstances and situations) begins it's work on making sons.

We witness in our world a big push for rights. So we can see how my rights work on an individual! In the old identity is rights ; whatever ethnicity I may be, and my religious affiliate. You see it expressed when; you hear someone say that about themselves, or their family being in some religion for year's. It is just our family tradition, and I was raised in it.
There is no ethnicity or religion in spirit. You cannot identify with who you are when; you identify with ethnicity or religion. Not because of wickedness, or necessarily trying to pull off some evil in expression, but because that is your focused identity. And many goods come from that focus, as well as many evils!

11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. - Colossians 3:11.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. - Genesis 3:5 .

Look at what the serpent had to say about eating from the tree of "the knowledge of good and evil."
The Serpent initiated the conversation, and he spoke a truth!

1) God knows..God did know!

2) your eyes shall be open...they were open to; death shame and guilt good and evil, with now the ability to sin. Evil is not sin..to do evil is sin (God created both good and evil), Isaiah 45:7 ;
- 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7.
The sinner (lucifer-son of the morning) from the beginning is the evil one; because he did evil in the beginning and sinned against God and was put out of heaven. Human beings are evil by that evil one from the beginning. Human beings are created in the image and likeness of God.

3) be as gods...god complex of being something in themselves.

This will determine believers growing in grace and knowledge. In the god like mentality - believers will have to make a calculated choice..over they're right to be right. That is the old identity - in the old identity is your rights. I have a right to be right. Identity crisis comes, and the schoolhouse (circumstances and situations) begins it's work on making sons.

We witness in our world a big push for rights. So we can see how my rights work on an individual! In the old identity is rights ; whatever ethnicity I may be, and my religious affiliate. You see it expressed when; you hear someone say that about themselves, or their family being in some religion for year's. It is just our family tradition, and I was raised in it.
There is no ethnicity or religion in spirit. You cannot identify with who you are when; you identify with ethnicity or religion. Not because of wickedness, or necessarily trying to pull off some evil in expression, but because that is your focused identity. And many goods come from that focus, as well as many evils!

11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. - Colossians 3:11.

Extremely good point Soul. Many people do not realize that the eating of that fruit amounted to much more than just eating someone else's fruit without permission. It was made clear to them that doing so would mean that they were their own god. They answered to no one but themselves, choosing the path they wanted to take, rather than having someone dictate to them how they were to conduct themselves. But that was what the reality was, man asked God to butt out of their lives, and sadly we all inherited that. We have been provided a release of that though through Jesus ' sacrifice, but we still need to choose God, as it is a choice. Most still choose to be their own god.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Extremely good point Soul. Many people do not realize that the eating of that fruit amounted to much more than just eating someone else's fruit without permission. It was made clear to them that doing so would mean that they were their own god. They answered to no one but themselves, choosing the path they wanted to take, rather than having someone dictate to them how they were to conduct themselves. But that was what the reality was, man asked God to butt out of their lives, and sadly we all inherited that. We have been provided a release of that though through Jesus ' sacrifice, but we still need to choose God, as it is a choice. Most still choose to be their own god.

Thanks, good comment and word.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:22a . . And the Lord God said: Now that Man has become as one of us

Humanity was created in the image and likeness of its creator (Gen 1:26 27). But its
creation stopped short of "one of us". i.e. a fellow deity of equal status.

The Serpent promised Eve that she could improve her status and become divine by
eating the forbidden fruit; which was true; she became a deity, but not the same kind of
deity as her creator. There are no other deities like the creator. (Isa 43:10, Isa 44:8, Isa
44:5-6, etc.)

From the limited amount of information we're given, it's readily seen that it's fairly easy
to make one's self a deity; it's only necessary to rebel against constituted authority; viz:
go your own way instead of complying with the laws, rules, and dictates of a higher
power; viz: anarchy. (cf. Judg 17:6 and Isa 53:6)

Gen 3:22b . . discerning good and evil,

Apparently human life was created minus intuitive scruples and/or moral values; which
is likely the reason why some expositors refer to the time before the forbidden fruit
incident as the age of innocence.

FAQ: Did Adam know it was wrong to taste the forbidden fruit? And if so, how did he
know it was wrong without an intuitive sense of right and wrong?

A: Right and wrong were irrelevant in the beginning. Adam's early life was governed by
sovereign oversight. In other words: God's instructions served as Adam's conscience,
i.e. it wasn't incumbent upon him to make judgments. (cf. Acts 10:9-15)

"I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good and leads you along the paths
you should follow." (Isa 48:17)

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch
over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must
be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Many are the woes of the
wicked, but The Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him." (Ps 32:8-10)

Now, the problem is; this newly acquired conscience of theirs wasn't from God, it was
obtained from the Serpent who, we're told, has the power of death and the ability to
tamper with the human mind and body in ways not easily detected. (Heb 2:14, Luke
13:16, Mark 5:1-5, and Eph 2:2)

As such, humanity's innate sense of right and wrong is unreliable. Due to its satanic
nature rather than truly divine, the human moral compass easily deviates from true
north by means of emotional, social, cultural, and ethnical influences. We rationalize a
lot too

NOTE: Had God's image and likeness been precisely duplicated in the man, he wouldn't
have listened to the woman because God cannot be tempted with evil. (Jas 1:13 &
1John 3:9)

The very fact that the man fell is proof enough that he came into existence less than
divine; in point of fact, he came into existence less than angelic too. (Heb 2:6-7)

The knowledge of good and evil spoken of in Gen 3:22 is an intuitive knowledge rather
than an instructed knowledge. In other words; the man's own personal feelings and
opinions about good and evil.

For example: the US Supreme Court consists of nine justices who very seldom fully
agree on anything; and that's because their own personal feelings and opinions
influence their decisions. In other words; those nine justices have made themselves
Gods just as Adam made himself God.
_

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:22a . . And the Lord God said: Now that Man has become as one of us

Humanity was created in the image and likeness of its creator (Gen 1:26 27). But its
creation stopped short of "one of us". i.e. a fellow deity of equal status.

eating the forbidden fruit; which was true; she became a deity, but not the same kind of
deity as her creator. There are no other deities like the creator. (Isa 43:10, Isa 44:8, Isa

From the limited amount of information we're given, it's readily seen that it's fairly easy
to make one's self a deity; it's only necessary to rebel against constituted authority; viz:
go your own way instead of complying with the laws, rules, and dictates of a higher

Gen 3:22b . . discerning good and evil,

Apparently human life was created minus intuitive scruples and/or moral values; which
is likely the reason why some expositors refer to the time before the forbidden fruit
incident as the age of innocence.

FAQ: Did Adam know it was wrong to taste the forbidden fruit? And if so, how did he
know it was wrong without an intuitive sense of right and wrong?

A: Right and wrong were irrelevant in the beginning. Adam's early life was governed by
sovereign oversight. In other words: God's instructions served as Adam's conscience,
i.e. it wasn't incumbent upon him to make judgments. (cf. Acts 10:9-15)

"I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good and leads you along the paths
you should follow." (Isa 48:17)

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch
over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must
be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Many are the woes of the
wicked, but The Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him." (Ps 32:8-10)

Now, the problem is; this newly acquired conscience of theirs wasn't from God, it was
obtained from the Serpent who, we're told, has the power of death and the ability to
tamper with the human mind and body in ways not easily detected. (Heb 2:14, Luke
13:16, Mark 5:1-5, and Eph 2:2)

As such, humanity's innate sense of right and wrong is unreliable. Due to its satanic
nature rather than truly divine, the human moral compass easily deviates from true
north by means of emotional, social, cultural, and ethnical influences. We rationalize a
lot too

NOTE: Had God's image and likeness been precisely duplicated in the man, he wouldn't
have listened to the woman because God cannot be tempted with evil. (Jas 1:13 &
1John 3:9)

The very fact that the man fell is proof enough that he came into existence less than
divine; in point of fact, he came into existence less than angelic too. (Heb 2:6-7)

The knowledge of good and evil spoken of in Gen 3:22 is an intuitive knowledge rather
than an instructed knowledge. In other words; the man's own personal feelings and
opinions about good and evil.

For example: the US Supreme Court consists of nine justices who very seldom fully
agree on anything; and that's because their own personal feelings and opinions
influence their decisions. In other words; those nine justices have made themselves
Gods just as Adam made himself God.
_

Yes that is true, and we want to remember it is by nature man does what he does.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I couldn't agree more!