Yellowstone- interesting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the mid-70's the "nuclear winter" concept was a popular premise. And where people pontificate on various scenarios, Revelation purports a nuclear summer:

Rev. 16:8 The fourth angel poured his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch men with fire; 9 men were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues, and they did not repent and give him glory.

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Mayflower

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yellowstone volcano about to ERUPT? National park rocked by 81 earthquakes

It would cause a nuclear winter that could block out the sun, kill 87000 instantly, and effect 2/3 of the population. Sounds like something in Revelation.
But it wouldn't cause those effects in the southern hemisphere. Or the prophesied cosmic effects for the end times events.

Why don't you look for what the Bible prophets actually do tell us what God will use and the graphic effects of it?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it wouldn't cause those effects in the southern hemisphere. Or the prophesied cosmic effects for the end times events.

Why don't you look for what the Bible prophets actually do tell us what God will use and the graphic effects of it?

Which book is best for that? I am thinking of trying the Message alongside by NASB and see if I can understand more about this. But I have something else I want to study too right now. I just found Yellowstone interesting...

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Which book is best for that? I am thinking of trying the Message alongside by NASB and see if I can understand more about this. But I have something else I want to study too right now. I just found Yellowstone interesting...
I have over 800 articles, mostly on Bible prophecy, available free to read on my logostelos.info website. Check it out.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come out of her, My People

Perusing the articles. Never heard of REB, but great translation. Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for to understand end times better...

Dr. John Walvoord (Dallas Theological Seminary) wrote a book titled "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation", which has an apt title, which suggests that if you want to understand the Book of Revelation you have to start with the Book of Daniel. In his book Walvoord surveyed the best scholars to find out the TRUTH regarding Daniel's prophecies, because as the Abbingdon Commentary noted, there are a LEGION of interpretations for Daniel 9 alone. And the reason is, -- the commentators and scholars disobeyed the angel's instructions in 12:4 & 8. So we end up with the BEST LIES the commentators can come up with (and Walvoord perpetuated those LIES). But the scholars are in a different category. They observe the technicalities of words which contradict the "classical interpretations", but can't resolve those technicalities -- because it wasn't yet THE TIME OF THE END.

So here we are with a foundational Book AT THE TIME OF THE END, with an OBSTRUCTED path forward because of the LIES of the commentators.

Perhaps if we started with the REALITY that Daniel 2 depicts FIVE world empires of which the Fifth is a DIVIDED KINGDOM; and that the Daniel 7 FOUR BEASTS represent the Fifth DIVIDED KINGDOM as Three Superpowers and the United Nations, -- we could begin to understand END TIMES Bible Prophecy.

Or we can be as the five blind men with the elephant,
Bobby Jo