Yes, yes, we all believe in Jesus; now let's get onto the important stuff!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abundance hmm

Psalm 65:11
You crown the year with your bounty; your wagon tracks overflow with abundance.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“For if someone comes and announces a different Jesus from the one we announced to you, or if you receive a different spirit, one you hadn’t received before, or a different gospel, one you hadn’t accepted before, you put up with that all right.”

(2 Corinthians 11:4, NTE)

Reactions: amigo de christo

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we all believe in Jesus and if so, how much?????????

Did we not read in the Bible anything about people of little faith (His disciples actually) and those with greater faith, and about that centurion? You remember - that Roman centurion who Jesus explained that He had not seen anyone with so great of faith in all of Israel!!!

And let us not forget that Jesus Christ was around from the beginning, and as the Word of God was the One who called Jacob, Israel. So that centurion had greater faith, and probably understanding, than Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Elijah, Elisha, David,....

I know me and how while I hear from the Lord everyday - I still have trouble believing for what I hear. So yeah, I believe in Him but not so well. And I find that really sad, because I seen Him do sooooooo many incredible things around me. I have been kissed by a greenish colored could, I have been taken out of my body, only to be asked by Him, "Karl, do you think I can take you anywhere I want?" That was a good question! Do I believe He can take me anywhere He wants, I was just above my body when He asked me. I kind of think He can, but not always. He had me working in a Christian healing ministry where I saw legs grow out in front of me. People throw walkers away. And I saw to many miracle healings, and they number in the hundreds if not over a thousand. And as far a coincidences go: well I just don't believe in coindecences because I hear from the Lord every day I have come to know that He is in control. Yeah, He gives people freewill and lets the devil mess with us so that we all battle with the dark spiritual forces of this world, but He is so great that He knows the choices we are going to make and the devil is really just nothing more than a tool (like and obstacle course) that He uses to train us up.

And what is that training supposed to do? It seems like it is supposed to develop more belief and trust in Him!!

So what is with the OP?

Is not the belief (the trust in Him) - the important stuff?

There is something written about how God so loved that world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall be saved!

So what does it mean to believe in Him, if not walking and talking with Him every day? Are we doing that, or are we just going around leaning on our own understand and just saying we believe in Him?

Reactions: dhh712 and Azim

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
....the important stuff? '

If a person has believed in Jesus", then they are now a part of God and Christ, having eternal Life.
They are eternally secure, and their SIN is forgiven and resolved.

What then?
Well, what does a baby need? They need protection and nourishment.

So, I protect them from Cults and deceivers, by doing what for them?
I teach them to understand that their Salvation, is eternal, and is SUPPLIED by God Through Christ, and remains always.
THey have to come to this knowledge of Salvaiton, or a cult or devil will lead them to believe that Christ's Blood Atonement only started their salvation, and now they have to keep themselves saved, or save themselves.
They have to be protected in the baby christian stage, or a Demonic Snake will ruin their faith in Christ, asap.

Once they are established in God's Grace, Hebrews 13:9.... so that they can't be "bewitched" out of this Truth, as Paul teaches in Galatians, happens to many believers......then the next step for them is...

"work out your Salvation". And "work out".... that does not mean to try to keep it and not lose it, as the HERETICS will teach you, if you listen to these deceivers... but rather to work out YOUR Salvation, "your"......this means you HAVE IT ALREADY, and you are to learn how to exist IN IT, accrording to revelation knowledge and real faith.
The best way to get to that higher place of spirituality is to study a lot, the NT, and specifically Paul's Epistles, under the guidance of a good NT teacher.
A good NT Teacher can impart to you much more revelation in a year, then you can ever get by sitting in a pew for 20 yrs or even more.
Why?
Because they are anointed to know how to do this for you, so that your discernment and revelation knowledge is increased quickly and perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhh712

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Did we not read in the Bible anything about people of little faith (His disciples actually) and those with greater faith, and about that centurion? You remember - that Roman centurion who Jesus explained that He had not seen anyone with so great of faith in all of Israel!!!

And let us not forget that Jesus Christ was around from the beginning, and as the Word of God was the One who called Jacob, Israel. So that centurion had greater faith, and probably understanding, than Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Elijah, Elisha, David,....

I know me and how while I hear from the Lord everyday - I still have trouble believing for what I hear. So yeah, I believe in Him but not so well. And I find that really sad, because I seen Him do sooooooo many incredible things around me. I have been kissed by a greenish colored could, I have been taken out of my body, only to be asked by Him, "Karl, do you think I can take you anywhere I want?" That was a good question! Do I believe He can take me anywhere He wants, I was just above my body when He asked me. I kind of think He can, but not always. He had me working in a Christian healing ministry where I saw legs grow out in front of me. People throw walkers away. And I saw to many miracle healings, and they number in the hundreds if not over a thousand. And as far a coincidences go: well I just don't believe in coindecences because I hear from the Lord every day I have come to know that He is in control. Yeah, He gives people freewill and lets the devil mess with us so that we all battle with the dark spiritual forces of this world, but He is so great that He knows the choices we are going to make and the devil is really just nothing more than a tool (like and obstacle course) that He uses to train us up.

And what is that training supposed to do? It seems like it is supposed to develop more belief and trust in Him!!

So what is with the OP?

There is something written about how God so loved that world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall be saved!

So what does it mean to believe in Him, if not walking and talking with Him every day? Are we doing that, or are we just going around leaning on our own understand and just saying we believe in Him?

Hear the statement Karl....hear it!. Do you really conclude that I'm talking about more important stuff??

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a person has believed in Jesus", then they are now a part of God and Christ, having eternal Life.

What then?

I teach them to understand that their Salvation, is eternal, and is SUPPLIED by God Through Christ, and remains always.
THey have to come to this knowledge of Salvaiton, or a cult or devil will lead them to believe that Christ's Blood Atonement only started their salvation, and now they have to keep themselves saved, or save themselves.
They have to be protected in the baby christian stage, or a Demonic Snake will ruin their faith in Christ, asap.

Once they are established in God's Grace, Hebrews 13:9.... so that they can't be "bewitched" out of this Truth, as Paul teaches in Galatians, happens to many believers......then the next step for them is...

"work out your Salvation". And "work out".... that does not mean to try to keep it and not lose it, as the HERETICS will teach you, if you listen to these deceivers... but rather to work out YOUR Salvation, "your"......this means you HAVE IT ALREADY, and you are to learn how to exist IN IT, accrording to revelation knowledge and real faith.
The best way to get to that higher place of spirituality is to study a lot, the NT, and specifically Paul's Epistles, under the guidance of a good NT teacher.
A good NT Teacher can impart to you much more revelation in a year, then you can ever get by sitting in a pew for 20 yrs or even more.
Why?
Because they are anointed to know how to do this for you, so that your discernment and revelation knowledge is increased quickly and perfectly.
....and so the advice pours in by the bucket load!

Reactions: bbyrd009 and dhh712

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What then?

Why?

Too often I see people trying to be God instead of turning people too Jesus Christ our Lord God!!

He has told me to preach the Word, but specifically He said. "Karl, I want you to preach the Word, but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the Word of God." When He said, "I Am" a power hit me that sent be stumbling to the floor. Fortunately I was in my bathroom and was able to catch myself before actually hitting the floor. Still, the point is that we are to proclaim HIM, not us!!

So I would not say I protect and feed people. Is that not His job!!! If He tells me to give someone a word from Him, fine. I can do that, but I am not Him! He is God, not me!! So what is written in the Scriptures are us getting protection and "nourishment"???

Did He not explain that He was the manna that comes down from heaven?? I think so - so I am not the nourishment - He is!! And as far as getting protection:

Ps 91:3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper And from the deadly pestilence.

So it is not me who delivers other people, but Him!!!!!

Therefore I don't think I am Him. I am the One who "protect them from Cults", and I don't say I am the One who gives them nourishment. Yes, they/we (and I do include me in "we") need protection and nourishment!! Isn't the person thinking they don't and are capable of being the One who gives others nourishment and protection just into pride?

As for me, I pray the Lord's prayer every morning!! We notice that in that prayer there is the requests for our "daily bread", and for Him to "deliver us from evil", right? He said something about praying that whenever we get into that place with God, right? So I don't see how anyone could be praying the Lord's prayer like instructed by Him and still not realize that He gives the the nourishment, and the He gives us the protection?? Maybe that is possible, but it doesn't make sense to me. So, I preach Him, the Great I AM! And that because I believe, among other things, that He is the One who gives us our "protection and nourishment".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if the Christian kicks Jesus out of his life and re-surrenders his heart to the devil. Salvation doesn't make us check free will at the church door.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read your posts.....you tell me?

Overall it is a good discussion.

One of the things the Apostles did first was form a commune of sorts. Why do you think they did that? There could be more than one answer.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Overall it is a good discussion.

One of the things the Apostles did first was form a commune of sorts. Why do you think they did that? There could be more than one answer.
I s'pose that was Jesus' commission?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I s'pose that was Jesus' commission?

Loving God and Worshipping God and obedience is the important stuff....the other part of the important stuff is loving one another.

The spirit of the Christian commune in Acts 4:32-5:11.

Not the specifics, because there is not much information on this.

The spirit and concept is what I want to point out. Acts 2:44-46

The first few verses show that they had a concern for the wellbeing of each other.

As time went on the first Christians, Jewish Christians would gather to worship and preach at the temple and this was also going on in the homes of Christians. Acts 5:42

And of course the Bible mentions these house churches. Philemon 1:2, 1st Corinthians 6:19, Acts 2:44-46, Acts 20:20, Romans 16:5, Colossians 4:15.

Most of you know this…modern imagery of churches is buildings….the word church in the Bible is better understood to mean congregations or worship service….for example; and to Apphia our sister, and to Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the worship services [church] in your house:

A different time period a different way of practicing Christianity.
My question is, when we went to church buildings did we lose “the important stuff” or are we intentionally ignoring it. It is a whole new world, family nucleus, jobs, and the rat race. Go to church on Sunday and go home and watch football.

Cordially friendly to other Christians, but not involved. The demise of Good Deeds. What? You think you are going to work your way to heaven! It was a transition to eject Good Deeds from Christianity.

Here is the deal, how many people here go to church? If not, why not. It is a discussion. The important stuff. What are the churches doing wrong to turn people away? That is something we need to discuss for the benefit of those that do go to church….to be on the lookout for things that are wrong.

Then on the other hand, what should the churches be doing, that they are not? Outreach initiatives are usually where they fail. You can’t just do something for show. For people that have had bad experiences at church. For people that are disabled or the elderly that do not have the means to get out. The church needs to reach out to these people. There are people that are “lonesoming” themselves to death, living pitiful lives.

Oh God will handle that! Don’t worry about it! Well Good Deeds….are the hand of God. When Christians help people, do you think that they only believe that it is just people helping them? When Christians show love and compassion….and improve their life and make them glad that they are alive, is it just people that did that, or do they feel God’s love?

House churches….A lot of churches do this and call it Bible study in their homes. Worshiping God in a church building or worshiping God in someone’s home….it is all great. But the home church can be more versatile and of course there has to be good food. For those that cannot get out for physical reasons you can go to their homes. Worshiping God and fellowship is important and part of that is social. Human beings are social creatures and some that are home bound do not get that. And this also maybe away of reaching out to those that have had bad experiences in church

In my area we have so many food banks that you would think no one could go hungry. But there are people that have no way of getting there….and oddly enough some that do not have it in them to walk out on their front porch and yell at their neighbor….Got anything to eat? Christians should stick together. And Good Deeds are part of the important stuff.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Loving God and Worshipping God and obedience is the important stuff....the other part of the important stuff is loving one another.

The spirit of the Christian commune in Acts 4:32-5:11.

Not the specifics, because there is not much information on this.

The spirit and concept is what I want to point out. Acts 2:44-46

The first few verses show that they had a concern for the wellbeing of each other.

As time went on the first Christians, Jewish Christians would gather to worship and preach at the temple and this was also going on in the homes of Christians. Acts 5:42

And of course the Bible mentions these house churches. Philemon 1:2, 1st Corinthians 6:19, Acts 2:44-46, Acts 20:20, Romans 16:5, Colossians 4:15.

Most of you know this…modern imagery of churches is buildings….the word church in the Bible is better understood to mean congregations or worship service….for example; and to Apphia our sister, and to Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the worship services [church] in your house:

A different time period a different way of practicing Christianity.
My question is, when we went to church buildings did we lose “the important stuff” or are we intentionally ignoring it. It is a whole new world, family nucleus, jobs, and the rat race. Go to church on Sunday and go home and watch football.

Cordially friendly to other Christians, but not involved. The demise of Good Deeds. What? You think you are going to work your way to heaven! It was a transition to eject Good Deeds from Christianity.

Here is the deal, how many people here go to church? If not, why not. It is a discussion. The important stuff. What are the churches doing wrong to turn people away? That is something we need to discuss for the benefit of those that do go to church….to be on the lookout for things that are wrong.

Then on the other hand, what should the churches be doing, that they are not? Outreach initiatives are usually where they fail. You can’t just do something for show. For people that have had bad experiences at church. For people that are disabled or the elderly that do not have the means to get out. The church needs to reach out to these people. There are people that are “lonesoming” themselves to death, living pitiful lives.

Oh God will handle that! Don’t worry about it! Well Good Deeds….are the hand of God. When Christians help people, do you think that they only believe that it is just people helping them? When Christians show love and compassion….and improve their life and make them glad that they are alive, is it just people that did that, or do they feel God’s love?

House churches….A lot of churches do this and call it Bible study in their homes. Worshiping God in a church building or worshiping God in someone’s home….it is all great. But the home church can be more versatile and of course there has to be good food. For those that cannot get out for physical reasons you can go to their homes. Worshiping God and fellowship is important and part of that is social. Human beings are social creatures and some that are home bound do not get that. And this also maybe away of reaching out to those that have had bad experiences in church

In my area we have so many food banks that you would think no one could go hungry. But there are people that have no way of getting there….and oddly enough some that do not have it in them to walk out on their front porch and yell at their neighbor….Got anything to eat? Christians should stick together. And Good Deeds are part of the important stuff.
The important stuff is definitely not self focus. You might reread through your reply and see where you put the focus.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So what is with the OP?

The verbal assent of believing in Jesus is quiet a different matter to trusting him Karl. Making all the 'right' noises hardly equates to faith.
To illustrate so a misconception of what I'm saying is avoided; many debate theology....and even correctly so yet this does not equate to faith in Jesus. Let's say we take Judas as an example? All the yada yada looked bone fide on the surface.....he even did miracles with the rest of the team.....but his heart was elsewhere or should I say 'divided'