Yet Another Theory On How the Universe Began

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
Actually the hypothesis being proposed in the article is not how the universe began but rather is proposing the hypothesis that universe has always existed..

The current scientific model of the Universe is based of the Hypothesis of the Primordial Atom, later dubbed the Big Bang by its critics, which basically holds that the universe was formed by a single primordial atom containing all the space, matter, energy and time that condensed to an infinitesimal point that thus began to rapidly expand [exploded] outward to form the expanse of space containing the matter and energy of our known and observed universe. Thus, the universe can only be construed as having always existed since the energy and matter which formed it had always existed according to the first law of thermodynamics.

The first law of thermodynamics holds that the total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another. In such, it is said that energy nor matter can neither be created nor destroyed, they can only change forms. So if the first law of thermodynamics which holds energy nor matter can be created, then all energy and mater must have always existed, since they can not be created. In that the mortal nature is that which has a beginning and an end, as described in Ecclesiastics 3:1-2, To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; thus that which either by nature or form cannot be created nor destroyed is defined by the principle of 'eternal',

So I would suppose that the response to the question of how the universe began 14.5 billion years ago if it has always existed will be that the beginning only refers to the form, not the nature of matter itself, of the universe. [TM]

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
The Yahoo article is a good example of why I don't like getting science news from non-science media sources. For example, the Yahoo article says...

Going backward in time, according to these equations, all matter in the universe was once in a single point — the Big Bang singularity.

But that's not quite true. In Einstein's formulation, the laws of physics actually break before the singularity is reached.

That's sorta true. It would be better written as "...the standard laws of physics break before the singularity is reached, and quantum mechanics becomes more important."

Then they say...

There are other problems brewing in physics — namely, that the two most dominant theories, quantum mechanics and general relativity, can't be reconciled.
Well that's kinda the same thing as my corrected sentence above. According to Stephen Hawking, quantum mechanics explains the origin of the singularity, and standard physics explains the history of the universe after the "bang". The problem is in getting the two to mesh, where the quantum mechanics flows directly into the standard model.

Oh well.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
So sad that you see science as "deceiving the masses" rather than "discovering the wonders of God's creation".

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
My simple response to this rubbish.

Satan's advocates tell us the universe may be eternal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5t5hYb_idoI

Expect more of this type of "news" to intensity as time goes along. Satan is a real mother flunker you know, we really cannot fathom just how devious he really is with him being a spirit being, his guile knows no end. The Bible tells us that God has no beginning and no end, in come Satan's little minions claiming that the universe may very well have no beginning or end. This news can be summed up as replacement theology, and you can expect more of it it as time goes along, because this is how Satan will kill God in the minds of men as we Christians ought to see him as described in the Bible. Its real simple to see the deception, if the universe has no beginning, then that also means that the universe has no cause, henceforth no God, no Jesus. You can kiss Yahweh goodbye if you accept this malarkey.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My simple response to this rubbish.

Satan's advocates tell us the universe may be eternal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5t5hYb_idoI

Expect more of this type of "news" to intensity as time goes along. Satan is a real mother flunker you know, we really cannot fathom just how devious he really is with him being a spirit being, his guile knows no end. The Bible tells us that God has no beginning and no end, in come Satan's little minions claiming that the universe may very well have no beginning or end. This news can be summed up as replacement theology, and you can expect more of it it as time goes along, because this is how Satan will kill God in the minds of men as we Christians ought to see him as described in the Bible. Its real simple to see the deception, if the universe has no beginning, then that also means that the universe has no cause, henceforth no God, no Jesus. You can kiss Yahweh goodbye if you accept this malarkey.
I see where you're coming from and I can feel the same sentiment. However, people like to play fast and loose with these descriptions of the world around us. The funny thing is that whatever theories arise, they all seem to have their counterpart in most other theories or mythologies. They all seem to have points of correspondence which makes me wonder why more scientists don't take a closer look at competing theories, or even the ancient mythologies.

An interesting example is a book I just read by an avowed atheist. His book, titled "The Genesis Enigma" deals with a few interesting examples of the striking similarities between the biblical story of creation and the scientific explanation. He asks a very pointed question: How is some Iron Age goatherd able to fit together the events of the beginning of this universe in an accurate chronological order? A lucky guess doesn't seem to cut it.