Yet, as for me…when they were sick …My clothing was sackcloth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Psalm that has been on my mind the past couple days. Paraphrasing what it says to me.

A Psalm

O Lord, contend with those who contend with me. Fight against those who fight against me.

Take Hold of a Shield. (Ephesians 6:16)
Take Hold of Peace. (Isaiah 27:4-5)

Rise up (John 12:32) LORD for My help (Hebrews 13:5)

They devise evil against Me. (Matthew 27:22-23)

Let them be as chaff before a breath of wind. The angel of the LORD driving them on.
Luke 3:16-17 he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.
Without cause (John 15:25) they hid their net for me. Without cause (John 15:25) they dug a pit for me.

Let their own net catch them, and in their own pit let them fall.

WHO is HE that delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong? WHO is HE that delivers the needy from him who robs and steals from Him?

Malicious witnesses rise
witnesses dressed in a cloak of maliciousness, who say THEY are stronger then Your Mercy O LORD. Who is stronger than Your Mercy O Lord? Who? THEY say it is them cloaked of Maliciousness, the THEY are mightier that Your Mercy.
They ask of Me things I do not know. (HE who knew no sin) 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, TheY maliciously ask Me, tempting Me things I do not know; He who in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

They (Maliciously) bereave and, without cause, they cause the loss of children.

But as for Me, Christ the One they mocked as “King of the Jews”….when they were sick
My clothing was sackcloth
Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man! John 19:5

I humbled My Soul, (Philippians 2:8) O LORD My Soul, My Father; With fasting (Isaiah 58:6-7) My prayer kept returning to my bosom (Luke 6:38-39)

I walked as though it was my companion, I bowed down in mourning as one who sorrows for a mother. (Galatians 4:26) …For a Mother and Her many Children.

But they rejoiced over Me being crucified in their weakness. Yet, as for me…when they were sick …My clothing was sackcloth (Philippians 2:8), a crown of platted thorns.
I humbled My Soul, (Philippians 2:8) O LORD My Soul, My Father; With fasting (Isaiah 58:6-7) “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”

They gathered together
In one place
Saying “Crucify Him!”

The smitters whom I do not know. (Which I said before, I do not know you who work iniquity…why do you hate Me? Without cause; why do you hate whom you claim to be looking for “to come unto you”, the One you claim to love and stand to “worship” in “truth”?

The smitters, they slandered (without cause) John 15:25 …without ceasing, never growing silent or still They; Malicious witnesses; slander with falsehoods without cause.

They gnash and grind their teeth.
O My LORD, My God
How long?
How long will You look on?
Rescue from their raving ravages,
Rescue My Life from the den of lions.
“Shut their mouths against Me.”
“Shut and stop the mouth of iniquity! That it be Silent!”

They are wrongfully (without cause) my enemies…YET as for Christ…while they were sick and without strength; Your love O God was spread abroad Romans 5:5-6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

They nip Maliciously.

They do not seek after peace. (Completeness, soundness, welfare).

They devise deceitful words against those who are “be still” and “rest” “in peace” O Lord, do not let them say “we have swallowed Him up!
Saying THEY are stronger than Your Mercy O LORD.

Those who rejoice over My being crucified in weakness YET, as for Christ while they were sick …He humbled Himself even unto death…the same “Yet” and “as for me” while they were sick; BY the Power of God “He Lives” that “those who were sick may Live with Him.” by the same Power.

Shout for Joy!

Let the Lord to grow up…Ephesians 4:15-16

The Fathers delight and pleasure “This is My Son in whom I am well Pleased

Shout for JOY!!

let the Lord GrOW UP; His delight and pleasure the completeness, soundness, welfare, peace of His servant.

This Psalm reminds me of “as for me and my house; we will serve the Lord” it reminds me of that verse because of;
while the malicious were sick
“while THEY were SICK”
Christ humbled Himself, for those sick.

I do get some may say “NO! No! this psalm is about David and not about Christ or what was done to Jesus Christ during the crucifixion.”
only sharing to me that it isn’t about David but instead to me “A Psalm”
Or cry, prophetically for Help and deliverance to come. …which points to Christ as that deliverance.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Psalm that has been on my mind the past couple days. Paraphrasing what it says to me.

A Psalm

O Lord, contend with those who contend with me. Fight against those who fight against me.

Take Hold of a Shield. (Ephesians 6:16)
Take Hold of Peace. (Isaiah 27:4-5)

Rise up (John 12:32) LORD for My help (Hebrews 13:5)

They devise evil against Me. (Matthew 27:22-23)

Let them be as chaff before a breath of wind. The angel of the LORD driving them on.
Luke 3:16-17 he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.
Without cause (John 15:25) they hid their net for me. Without cause (John 15:25) they dug a pit for me.

Let their own net catch them, and in their own pit let them fall.

WHO is HE that delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong? WHO is HE that delivers the needy from him who robs and steals from Him?

Malicious witnesses rise
witnesses dressed in a cloak of maliciousness, who say THEY are stronger then Your Mercy O LORD. Who is stronger than Your Mercy O Lord? Who? THEY say it is them cloaked of Maliciousness, the THEY are mightier that Your Mercy.
They ask of Me things I do not know. (HE who knew no sin) 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, TheY maliciously ask Me, tempting Me things I do not know; He who in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

They (Maliciously) bereave and, without cause, they cause the loss of children.

But as for Me, Christ the One they mocked as “King of the Jews”….when they were sick
My clothing was sackcloth
Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man! John 19:5

I humbled My Soul, (Philippians 2:8) O LORD My Soul, My Father; With fasting (Isaiah 58:6-7) My prayer kept returning to my bosom (Luke 6:38-39)

I walked as though it was my companion, I bowed down in mourning as one who sorrows for a mother. (Galatians 4:26) …For a Mother and Her many Children.

But they rejoiced over Me being crucified in their weakness. Yet, as for me…when they were sick …My clothing was sackcloth (Philippians 2:8), a crown of platted thorns.
I humbled My Soul, (Philippians 2:8) O LORD My Soul, My Father; With fasting (Isaiah 58:6-7) “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”

They gathered together
In one place
Saying “Crucify Him!”

The smitters whom I do not know. (Which I said before, I do not know you who work iniquity…why do you hate Me? Without cause; why do you hate whom you claim to be looking for “to come unto you”, the One you claim to love and stand to “worship” in “truth”?

The smitters, they slandered (without cause) John 15:25 …without ceasing, never growing silent or still They; Malicious witnesses; slander with falsehoods without cause.

They gnash and grind their teeth.
O My LORD, My God
How long?
How long will You look on?
Rescue from their raving ravages,
Rescue My Life from the den of lions.
“Shut their mouths against Me.”
“Shut and stop the mouth of iniquity! That it be Silent!”

They are wrongfully (without cause) my enemies…YET as for Christ…while they were sick and without strength; Your love O God was spread abroad Romans 5:5-6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

They nip Maliciously.

They do not seek after peace. (Completeness, soundness, welfare).

They devise deceitful words against those who are “be still” and “rest” “in peace” O Lord, do not let them say “we have swallowed Him up!
Saying THEY are stronger than Your Mercy O LORD.

Those who rejoice over My being crucified in weakness YET, as for Christ while they were sick …He humbled Himself even unto death…the same “Yet” and “as for me” while they were sick; BY the Power of God “He Lives” that “those who were sick may Live with Him.” by the same Power.

Shout for Joy!

Let the Lord to grow up…Ephesians 4:15-16

The Fathers delight and pleasure “This is My Son in whom I am well Pleased

Shout for JOY!!

let the Lord GrOW UP; His delight and pleasure the completeness, soundness, welfare, peace of His servant.

This Psalm reminds me of “as for me and my house; we will serve the Lord” it reminds me of that verse because of;
while the malicious were sick
“while THEY were SICK”
Christ humbled Himself, for those sick.

I do get some may say “NO! No! this psalm is about David and not about Christ or what was done to Jesus Christ during the crucifixion.”
only sharing to me that it isn’t about David but instead to me “A Psalm”
Or cry, prophetically for Help and deliverance to come. …which points to Christ as that deliverance.

Although I do not see what your actual question is, I would like to ask you in your understanding of your quotation of Josh 24:15 who the Lord is Vicky?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 Yet when they were sick, I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting. (Psalm 35:13)

12 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick". (Matthew 9:12)

44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. (Matthew 5:44)

34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 Yet when they were sick, I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting. (Psalm 35:13)

12 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick". (Matthew 9:12)

44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. (Matthew 5:44)

34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)

Thank you for sharing. I had almost forgotten that part until you reminded me. To me it is so beautiful and significant; Yet when they were sick, I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting.

I don’t know why but now that you posted this, I’m reminded of Mark 9:18-29 which is almost like a psalm in itself being the cry of a father for his child: And wheresoever he takes him, he tears him: and he foams, and gnashes with his teeth, and pinneth away: and I spoke to your disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not. [19] He answered him, and said, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me. [20] And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tore him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming. [21] And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child. [22] And ofttimes it has cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if You can do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us. [23] Jesus said unto him, If thou can believe, all things are possible to him that believes. 24] And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief. [25] When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, you dumb and deaf spirit, I charge you, come out of him, and enter no more into him. [26] And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead. [27] But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose. [28] And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? [29] And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

…Yet when they were sick, I put on sackcloth and humbled myself with fasting.

I do see the connection you shared @Lambano to 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. (Matthew 5:44)

Reactions: Lambano

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I do not see what your actual question is, I would like to ask you in your understanding of your quotation of Josh 24:15 who the Lord is Vicky?
I don’t think there was a question but instead I was only sharing. What does Joshua 24:15 mean to me? Who is Lord? Not to dance around giving you a direct answer as if I’m avoiding the question… the reason I brought up: as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Is because it makes me think of the house built for an habitation of God, this habitation growing up in Christ. I mentioned Joshua 24:15 in reference to the Lords’ Christ who “while they were yet sick”…we see what He did. (Yes capital). Capital to me because regardless of whether He was God manifest in the flesh …which He sure did manifest God more so than a single one of us…capital for Royalty; regardless of God, Son, Brother, Mother, or Father. Undoubtedly Royalty, of the Royal Family.

If you are asking me which is more valuable God or the Son of God…I say both because of what God has joined together in Spirit let no man divide for a divided house falls. The verse below baffles me, I think pertaining to your question on “Lord”…in before he had seen “the Lord’s Christ”
similar to one concerning David …and how is he being a lord then a son? (Maybe have that backwards)

What Lord do you say there where “Christ” is the “The Lord’s Christ”. Why plural or is it ownership? …I truly don’t know.

To me though at the end of the day …I don’t think it is some secret one word name you have to pronounce with perfection, or spell with perfection, or get absolutely correct…although men like to test you on it. But to me it is continuing to grow in Christ (Spirit); restored unto God the Father. Point is…all the titles and labels is about as profitable (Imo) as going over and over genealogy where I do not possess the aptitude. And that is ok (I think).

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think there was a question but instead I was only sharing. What does Joshua 24:15 mean to me? Who is Lord? Not to dance around giving you a direct answer as if I’m avoiding the question… the reason I brought up: as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Is because it makes me think of the house built for an habitation of God, this habitation growing up in Christ. I mentioned Joshua 24:15 in reference to the Lords’ Christ who “while they were yet sick”…we see what He did. (Yes capital). Capital to me because regardless of whether He was God manifest in the flesh …which He sure did manifest God more so than a single one of us…capital for Royalty; regardless of God, Son, Brother, Mother, or Father. Undoubtedly Royalty, of the Royal Family.

If you are asking me which is more valuable God or the Son of God…I say both because of what God has joined together in Spirit let no man divide for a divided house falls. The verse below baffles me, I think pertaining to your question on “Lord”…in before he had seen “the Lord’s Christ”
similar to one concerning David …and how is he being a lord then a son? (Maybe have that backwards)

What Lord do you say there where “Christ” is the “The Lord’s Christ”. Why plural or is it ownership? …I truly don’t know.

To me though at the end of the day …I don’t think it is some secret one word name you have to pronounce with perfection, or spell with perfection, or get absolutely correct…although men like to test you on it. But to me it is continuing to grow in Christ (Spirit); restored unto God the Father. Point is…all the titles and labels is about as profitable (Imo) as going over and over genealogy where I do not possess the aptitude. And that is ok (I think).

Do you see the disadvantage of using a version that alters words maam? Had you have used a version that did not change Jehovah's name to LORD, it would likely have given you a whole new concept of what was being conveyed there. Like Joshua, I have chosen to serve Jehovah Vicky.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see the disadvantage of using a version that alters words maam? Had you have used a version that did not change Jehovah's name to LORD, it would likely have given you a whole new concept of what was being conveyed there. Like Joshua, I have chosen to serve Jehovah Vicky.

What version do you use sir,?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I like things uncomplicated because it is hard for me to adjust to new. For example I’m struggling with the new look of this site. It used to be simple for me…now I’m struggling with how to find things. I’ve always used the kjv only because that was the version I started with. Then I learned to check the Lexicon on Google when I wanted another view of a verse. Can you quote the passage from the version you mentioned for me to read? It would help also to know …what version do you read?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I downloaded JW bible.
To be honest I didn’t see a new concept in “as for me and my house we will serve Jehovah” …to me it still says “as for me and my house we will serve God.”

I did look up the other I struggle with in the JW: Furthermore, it had been divinely revealed to him by the holy spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Christ of Jehovah.

Again, still doesn’t change the concept (Imo) “he should not see death before he had seen the Lords Christ.” Or “he would not see death before he had seen the Christ of Jehovah.”

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death at all until first they see the Kingdom of God.”

What does “the Christ” of “Jehovah” mean to you?

Luke 9:27 came from the same JW version …curious why it doesn’t say “those standing here who will not taste of death at all until first they see the Kingdom of Jehovah.”? Regardless by “he would not see death before he had seen the Christ of Jehovah”
…to me clarifies still that “the Christ” of “Jehovah” and “the Kingdom” of “God” ; IS ; the one and the same; “until they see” “the Christ” of “Jehovah”
…or at least that is my perspective….

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do notice you mostly come back to respond the next morning. So I’m not trying to bombard you with countless post but to have them there for your reading when you are able to respond later.

Still to me debating over what is almost like “politically correct” <you see> “finagling” over every little detail …for me takes away from what my intent in relating that verse “as for me and my house we will serve the Lord” to the Psalm. The Psalm (Imo) speaks of their devising things —a whole scheme—of maliciousness…….YET while they were “scheming sick”… “the Christ” of “Jehovah” (if you prefer) humbled himself for those who were sick. To me that is the main point. The generosity, The Grace, The Mercy in: as for “the Christ” of “Jehovah” when they were sick….what did “the Christ” of “Jehovah” do for them who are sick? Do you disagree with “as for Me when they were sick…”?

As for me when they were sick…
To me that is what Joshua is saying in “as for me and my house we will follow Jehovah” …Joshua (I think) is saying he will follow “the Christ” of “Jehovah”.

If you also “while they are sick”, let “the Christ” of “Jehovah” to grow and increase “I come for those who are sick and in need of a physician”…then are you not also “following” “the Christ” of “Jehovah” for “those sick”? makes me think of “the Christ” of “Jehovah” instruction of “let the dead bury the dead” …”as for you” come “follow Me”

I’m not mocking by quoting over and over “the Christ” of “Jehovah”; but instead trying to put it in perspective.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see the disadvantage of using a version that alters words maam? Had you have used a version that did not change Jehovah's name to LORD, it would likely have given you a whole new concept of what was being conveyed there. Like Joshua, I have chosen to serve Jehovah Vicky
Why is it “the Kingdom Hall”
Is that not the same as : witnesses of “the Christ” of “Jehovah”?

More simply that is what I’m asking?

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello VIJ, I havent run across you in awhile.
I also see something else in some of the verses you were referencing.

Its like…He enters our house and even then, there are malicious enemies that rise up maliciously, the flesh against the Spirit, our passions that taunt and harass us. He doesn’t leave but puts our enemies under our feet. I see somewhat like that there too.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello VIJ, I havent run across you in awhile.
I also see something else in some of the verses you were referencing.

Its like…He enters our house and even then, there are malicious enemies that rise up maliciously, the flesh against the Spirit, our passions that taunt and harass us. He doesn’t leave but puts our enemies under our feet. I see somewhat like that there too.

Thank you for sharing. I can see what you speak of about His entering into our house …your post helped because I was having a mini panic attack right before I read your post. I was feeling normal and then as always out of nowhere comes this attack where I want to go crippled (not literally but paralyzed by giving over to the wave dread.) for me it has been little steps like after thirty-five years of being more- or -less reclusive to working again. Each job I’m thinking how did I get here? The first job was at Lowes home improvement which was my worst store to have panic attacks in. Over a year there and now once again I’m like “how did I get here” working at CVS. All kinds of sicknesses I fear and now I’m face-to-face with that fear where the majority I speak to are sick. Point is…I do get what you are saying because I can’t explain it but there are times in my home whenever I’m alone ….I dance. I mean really I-do-not-care-what-i-look-like… Dance! It is because that taunting …I still hear it inside my head “you are scared!” I’m dancing though because of what you shared “He enters” and “doesn’t leave”…thank you again for sharing.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Climbing over all those fears to get to extreme trust is what we’re here for. Once we get there, into that rest, then we marvel at how long we refused to let go of it all. We hear God more clearly, we become perfectly fine with wherever He places us or takes us, and every day is peaceful.
Its a catch 22 that it’s only by trust do we receive more of all He wants for us and yet our fears prevent us from that trust.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What version do you use sir,?
First of all I want to apologize for calling you Vicki, I did it again today and had to change it, I guess you remind me of her a lot with your conversation skills.

My preferred Version is the New World Translation, followed by the American Standard Version, and then the King James Version. Truth can be found in any of those Versions, but a more modern english version definitely has it's advantages for understanding.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like things uncomplicated because it is hard for me to adjust to new. For example I’m struggling with the new look of this site. It used to be simple for me…now I’m struggling with how to find things. I’ve always used the kjv only because that was the version I started with. Then I learned to check the Lexicon on Google when I wanted another view of a verse. Can you quote the passage from the version you mentioned for me to read? It would help also to know …what version do you read?
I am so glad you mentioned that Vicky, I thought it was my computer. I fully agree with you, I found it much easier to navigate previously, and I like to be respectful to those I speak to using maam and sir, however they also took the sex out of the equation, guess it has to do with "political correctness". The scene of this world is changing rapidly for sure.

I would be glad to Vicky, here you go maam: (Joshua 24:15) . . .Now if it seems bad to you to serve Jehovah, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods that your forefathers served on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amʹor·ites in whose land you are dwelling. But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.” As one of Jehovah's witnesses, I have come to use the New World Translation as my first choice of Versions.

Changing Jehovah to LORD gives a completely different understanding. I am glay you use a Lexicon, is it by chance the Strongs? Are you acquainted with the web site Blue Letter Bible? Here is the link: Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible I think you will find it invaluable in research.

If you are not too biased against us, JW.org is worthy of checking out. Online Bible studies, Videos, questions answered etc.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I downloaded JW bible.
To be honest I didn’t see a new concept in “as for me and my house we will serve Jehovah” …to me it still says “as for me and my house we will serve God.”

I did look up the other I struggle with in the JW: Furthermore, it had been divinely revealed to him by the holy spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Christ of Jehovah.

Again, still doesn’t change the concept (Imo) “he should not see death before he had seen the Lords Christ.” Or “he would not see death before he had seen the Christ of Jehovah.”

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death at all until first they see the Kingdom of God.”

What does “the Christ” of “Jehovah” mean to you?

Luke 9:27 came from the same JW version …curious why it doesn’t say “those standing here who will not taste of death at all until first they see the Kingdom of Jehovah.”? Regardless by “he would not see death before he had seen the Christ of Jehovah”
…to me clarifies still that “the Christ” of “Jehovah” and “the Kingdom” of “God” ; IS ; the one and the same; “until they see” “the Christ” of “Jehovah”
…or at least that is my perspective….
Use your lexicon Vicky to see what was actually written there LORD, God, or Jehovah. You will find YHWH was what was originally written.
The New World translation tries to render the passage more directly to the original. Luke 9:27 did not use Jehovah, it simply stated God. Of course God is Jehovah, but since His name did not appear there, how could one conscientiously add it?

I am a bit confused on your second topic maam, you are seemingly combining 2 different accounts. Sadly the Bible simply tells us that the Holy Spirit Divinely revealed to Simeon that he would see the Christ prior to his death, the account of it being revealed is not in the Bible, but the account in which recorded it shows that he was able to see the Messiah, prior to his death, even given the privilege of holding the Christ child in his arms. Interestingly the writers of the movie the ten commandments penned that into the movie of an individual beholding the "deliverer" before his eyes saw death.

Luke 9:27 was fulfilled when three of Jesus apostles observed Christ's transfiguration.