Yet, as for me…when they were sick …My clothing was sackcloth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do notice you mostly come back to respond the next morning. So I’m not trying to bombard you with countless post but to have them there for your reading when you are able to respond later.

Still to me debating over what is almost like “politically correct” <you see> “finagling” over every little detail …for me takes away from what my intent in relating that verse “as for me and my house we will serve the Lord” to the Psalm. The Psalm (Imo) speaks of their devising things —a whole scheme—of maliciousness…….YET while they were “scheming sick”… “the Christ” of “Jehovah” (if you prefer) humbled himself for those who were sick. To me that is the main point. The generosity, The Grace, The Mercy in: as for “the Christ” of “Jehovah” when they were sick….what did “the Christ” of “Jehovah” do for them who are sick? Do you disagree with “as for Me when they were sick…”?

As for me when they were sick…
To me that is what Joshua is saying in “as for me and my house we will follow Jehovah” …Joshua (I think) is saying he will follow “the Christ” of “Jehovah”.

If you also “while they are sick”, let “the Christ” of “Jehovah” to grow and increase “I come for those who are sick and in need of a physician”…then are you not also “following” “the Christ” of “Jehovah” for “those sick”? makes me think of “the Christ” of “Jehovah” instruction of “let the dead bury the dead” …”as for you” come “follow Me”

I’m not mocking by quoting over and over “the Christ” of “Jehovah”; but instead trying to put it in perspective.
At the time, God's people were worshipping Him through Moses and the law covenant, then Joshua became their leader to take them into the promised land.

The real change occurred when the new covenant went into force, established on Pentecost of 33 CE with the outpouring of holy spirit on Christs disciples who were gathered together. The law covenant remained in force however until 36 CE. So Christians now approach Jehovah through Jesus.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it “the Kingdom Hall”
Is that not the same as : witnesses of “the Christ” of “Jehovah”?

More simply that is what I’m asking?
We call it that basically because of the message Jesus assigned us to preach, the good news of the Kingdom of God. The reason he was sent, and the reason he sent us. Luke 4:43; Luke 8:1; 9:60-10:11

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 9:27 did not use Jehovah, it simply stated God.

You are correct. But God is Jehovah, yea? So is it wrong in Luke 9:26 to understand it as what was prophesied there was: he would not see death until he saw the Christ of Jehovah? I like what you share about holding deliverance in his arms. I haven’t read that passage I don’t think…can you share it? I’m sure it is tucked in there where he held the babe in his arms?

So Christians now approach Jehovah through Jesus.

Now approach Jehovah God through Christ.
That is why Luke 9:27 stands out I think… the Christ of Jehovah. (Again, I get it actually says of “God”) to me that is the good news of the Kingdom of God: “the Christ of Jehovah”. (if you prefer) to me it simply means: the Christ given of Jehovah God. Not to be argumentative but whenever I have shared that news with JW who come to visit …they somehow still say I’ve gotten it messed up and it is “Jehovah” witnesses …NOT witnesses of the Christ given of Jehovah? Which to me is witnesses of Jehovah God is Gracious and full of Mercy. Does that make sense. Personally I have nothing against JW only for this one thing …I can’t ever seem to say what they want me to say. For example I could say: the good news is the Christ given of Jehovah God. For Jehovah God is gracious and full of mercy. And they say: you worship a false God (Christ) and not Jehovah God? Again, does that make sense? So I always get excluded for the details being wrong. Until I say the right word, I guess.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it matter what we call HIM ?
If we know HIM, then we know the ONLY SUPREME MASTER OF OUR SOUL !

If in fact ANOTHER goes by the names of GOD , does it change who HE is?

Absolutely not ! He is the first & last , the only that always was & is.

Does the name handicap God ?
We may NOT even know what he calls himself. Jesus called him Father bc he was begotten through woman to provide our salvation of God's Spirit & man's flesh.

I call him LORD !
!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct. But God is Jehovah, yea? So is it wrong in Luke 9:26 to understand it as what was prophesied there was: he would not see death until he saw the Christ of Jehovah? I like what you share about holding deliverance in his arms. I haven’t read that passage I don’t think…can you share it? I’m sure it is tucked in there where he held the babe in his arms?

Now approach Jehovah God through Christ.
That is why Luke 9:27 stands out I think… the Christ of Jehovah. (Again, I get it actually says of “God”) to me that is the good news of the Kingdom of God: “the Christ of Jehovah”. (if you prefer) to me it simply means: the Christ given of Jehovah God. Not to be argumentative but whenever I have shared that news with JW who come to visit …they somehow still say I’ve gotten it messed up and it is “Jehovah” witnesses …NOT witnesses of the Christ given of Jehovah? Which to me is witnesses of Jehovah God is Gracious and full of Mercy. Does that make sense. Personally I have nothing against JW only for this one thing …I can’t ever seem to say what they want me to say. For example I could say: the good news is the Christ given of Jehovah God. For Jehovah God is gracious and full of mercy. And they say: you worship a false God (Christ) and not Jehovah God? Again, does that make sense? So I always get excluded for the details being wrong. Until I say the right word, I guess.
Luke 9:27 was fulfilled as shown in the full account that I posted. It is not the same account of Simeon.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin

Jesus invites you today to be saved.
Love was so great from heaven for you, wretched man lost to God in all his ways.

He wants you to know that bc of this love for you he came, dwelt among men, ministered, was killed on the cross, died was buried and rose again from the dead.
God ascended back to heaven awaiting your decision of faith to be saved that you might partake with his heavenly home.

All he requires of you is acceptance, belief that he DID IN FACT love you so much that HE wants your faith, your repentance with godly sorrow and for you to confess before man you trust in God.

He then accepts you as righteous ,covered by the blood, your slate will be clean & your sins removed .
He wants you to walk a life of faith believing in ALL THAT HE IS unto the end either of this world or your life.

He wants you ,Robert to come and take his yoke which is easy and soon join him in heavenly places.

CHOOSE THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE, ROBERT. IS IT THE SOCIETY OR GOD ?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin

Jesus invites you today to be saved.
Love was so great from heaven for you, wretched man lost to God in all his ways.

He wants you to know that bc of this love for you he came, dwelt among men, ministered, was killed on the cross, died was buried and rose again from the dead.
God ascended back to heaven awaiting your decision of faith to be saved that you might partake with his heavenly home.

All he requires of you is acceptance, belief that he DID IN FACT love you so much that HE wants your faith, your repentance with godly sorrow and for you to confess before man you trust in God.

He then accepts you as righteous ,covered by the blood, your slate will be clean & your sins removed .
He wants you to walk a life of faith believing in ALL THAT HE IS unto the end either of this world or your life.

He wants you ,Robert to come and take his yoke which is easy and soon join him in heavenly places.

CHOOSE THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE, ROBERT. IS IT THE SOCIETY OR GOD ?
Salvation is offered to all for sure. There are requirements for salvation, and salvation is yet future. Not even the anointed are saved at this time, they must remain faithful until death, or until Jesus comes. Mat 7:21-23 provides a valuable lesson on salvation, what do you glean from those verses L3?