Ying/Yang - Calling Good "Evil" and Evil "Good"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a hard time with people trying to define light and darkness.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ d (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred) / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

A correct spiritual E/c2 is an important ally to any faith. Which is why I became a Christian, because I found something of spiritual value. But… Because the mind and the heart are 16” apart… One can understand doctrine and still miss it spiritually…

“It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason.” - Blaise Pascal

When we feel out of the Spirit (E/c2) and into the flesh (z/d) it is time to make some changes…

In the Spirit - Impossible to depression
In the Flesh - Frequently to depression

“Evangelion” (that we call the gospel) is a Greek word, and signifies good, merry, glad and joyful tidings, that makes a man’s heart glad, and makes him sing, dance and leap for joy. - William Tyndale

Turning the clock back to 2800 BC to the first great emperor of China, Fu-Hsi, who saw trigrams fall down from heaven. The straight lines representing light and the broken ones darkness.

trigrams_evolution.jpg

fuhsi2.gif

So the light and energy (E/c2) pull upward while the lack thereof (z/d) pull downwards. These trends are also trends seen in the old testament book of Judges...

jj_zps4e279990.png

And I have edited them a tad to my liking...
YY_zps85069c14.png
Can you conceive of a time when all was light in the universe before the first shadows of darkness descended?

I can --- from eternity past up to the point when God took on the duty of "Celestial Opthamologist" and attempted to treat Lucifer's "I" trouble (Isaiah 14:13-14 KJV).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will slam home the solution . a religoin that is accepting of all paths , a religoin that if folks dont follow
but rather expose they will find themselves unable to function in society and hated and hunted .
Unable to function in sie digitial order of the beast . No buy , no sell . Sound familiar does it .
Lambs better be ready to lose all and face massive persecutions is all i can say . Just remember
the hope we have in Christ and that the end of our faith is forever with THE LORD .
But many will betray many . Even those who call themselves of the faith will sell out the non conformers
to sie new world religoin of all inclusvity for world peace unity and safety . mark those words .
The lie is already here and this love , this love which cometh of the dragon has them gathering to be as one
under the love god . WONT BE GOD , ITS THE DRAGON selling his version of love and folks loving it up .
How do i know its the dragon . Well its real easy . ITS LOVE sure dont seem to tolerate truth and correction nor those
who do so . ITS LOVE sure dont seem to HONOR CHRIST ALONE as the only way to GOD and that one must believe in HIM
to be saved . NO , its love accepts all paths to god as valid and its love honors certain SINS too .
Now who ya think would offer up a love that only the FLESH can embrace and a version of GOD
that panders to humanity . A hint THE ONE WHO ALWAYS DESIRED TO BE AS GOD
and thus creates a religoin which serves the lusts of men in turn it serves satan himself as god of the world .
Folks been duped real bad my friend . A strong delusion under the word love has taken captive so many
leading them all not to GOD NOR LOVE but to the very dragon himself .
Well said. No wonder so many want Jesus to sneak into town and sneak them out with the rest of the saints. They ain't anywhere near ready to stand when everything around us falls.

We forget when the Hebrew top brass bowed with the rest on the plain of Dura, only Three had the stones to stand tall.

When these same Hebrews failed to learn the lesson of Dura and ducked out 30 days, only Daniel had the stones to stand tall.

We forget that when everyone bowed to Haman and resented anyone who wouldn't, only Mordecai had the stones to stand tall.

Reactions: amigo de christo

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have also enjoyed the teachings of Lao-Tzu and Confucius...

confucius1-2x.jpg

Reactions: Phoneman777

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ d (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred) / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

A correct spiritual E/c2 is an important ally to any faith. Which is why I became a Christian, because I found something of spiritual value. But… Because the mind and the heart are 16” apart… One can understand doctrine and still miss it spiritually…

“It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason.” - Blaise Pascal

When we feel out of the Spirit (E/c2) and into the flesh (z/d) it is time to make some changes…

In the Spirit - Impossible to depression
In the Flesh - Frequently to depression

“Evangelion” (that we call the gospel) is a Greek word, and signifies good, merry, glad and joyful tidings, that makes a man’s heart glad, and makes him sing, dance and leap for joy. - William Tyndale

Turning the clock back to 2800 BC to the first great emperor of China, Fu-Hsi, who saw trigrams fall down from heaven. The straight lines representing light and the broken ones darkness.

fuhsi2.gif

So the light and energy (E/c2) pull upward while the lack thereof (z/d) pull downwards. These trends are also trends seen in the old testament book of Judges...

jj_zps4e279990.png

And I have edited them a tad to my liking...
YY_zps85069c14.png

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14

I must also say here... I have not arrived! I have a long way to go!

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is nothing negative or evil about yin yang.

Its simply an attempt to explain how the world and universe works as per the following.

Car engine. The internal combusion engine has regions of high pressure where fuel is ignited (yang) contrasting with low pressure areas where exhaust is vented (yin). The contrast of high pressure and low pressure (yin yang) drives the engine, causing the car to move forward.

Electricity. Terminals of a battery they have + (yin) and - (yang) terminals. Electrons flow from high pressure - (yang) to low pressure + (yin) producing electricity.

Babies are created by contrast between male (yang) and female (yin) genders. Sperm (yang) and egg (yin).

These basic observations form a foundation for things like acupuncture and what is known as TCM - traditional chinese medicine.

Every aspect of acupuncture and yin yang can be grasped on a scientific level once a person learns and comprehends the basic principles.

One thing that surprised me about TCM is there are many parallels to christianity. The only things in life that resonated with me and felt real to me are God, Jesus, Christianity and TCM. Everything else felt fake the more I learned about them.
Though I have zero background in eastern philosophy, I can note that the fundamental principle of our physical world is the flow of energy. Without different energy levels, movement would be impossible. For example, if you have a container with high pressure, it will shoot air out when opened. If you have a container with low pressure, it will suck air in. If it has the same pressure as the outside, nothing at all will happen when opened. Scientists predict a "heat death" where everything will achieve a perfect equilibrium... and the universe will become a dead and sterile place because no movement will ever be possible again.

I have wondered about a certain philosophical idea: the idea that ultimately everything will return to God's will and that all evil will be resolved into good. So at this point what will happen next? Perpetual stasis? A purely mechanical universe where all things even if they have free will, will only choose to follow a prescribed course? A new counterpoint (i.e. a new "evil") being created to once again give things impetus? That is not to say that good can't exist without evil, as God existed first before all things, and God has no evil in Him. But I can't help but feel like there must be some sort of point-counterpoint to give things meaning. Perhaps the first universe was the creation of light and darkness, and this was an entire cycle of creation unto itself, and only when light and darkness was resolved did God move on to matter/void, then life/death, and finally good/evil, and then after this universe, the next will be based upon some other, new axis which we can't even yet conceive of?

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I have zero background in eastern philosophy, I can note that the fundamental principle of our physical world is the flow of energy. Without different energy levels, movement would be impossible. For example, if you have a container with high pressure, it will shoot air out when opened. If you have a container with low pressure, it will suck air in. If it has the same pressure as the outside, nothing at all will happen when opened. Scientists predict a "heat death" where everything will achieve a perfect equilibrium... and the universe will become a dead and sterile place because no movement will ever be possible again.

I have wondered about a certain philosophical idea: the idea that ultimately everything will return to God's will and that all evil will be resolved into good. So at this point what will happen next? Perpetual stasis? A purely mechanical universe where all things even if they have free will, will only choose to follow a prescribed course? A new counterpoint (i.e. a new "evil") being created to once again give things impetus? That is not to say that good can't exist without evil, as God existed first before all things, and God has no evil in Him. But I can't help but feel like there must be some sort of point-counterpoint to give things meaning. Perhaps the first universe was the creation of light and darkness, and this was an entire cycle of creation unto itself, and only when light and darkness was resolved did God move on to matter/void, then life/death, and finally good/evil, and then after this universe, the next will be based upon some other, new axis which we can't even yet conceive of?

The bible mentions the struggle of the flesh contrasting with the spirit.

Which seems to imply things like hunger and poverty do not exist in the spiritual world. (Or the afterlife?)

The purpose and greater difficulty of the physical world could be a refining process. Over time we see human morality and civilization evolve. Like an infant growing and maturing into an adult.

Contrasts of good and evil in the world could be like an engine driving this progress. Being exposed to good or evil can be a transformative and maturing process for the human spirit.

I can't remember the verse but there is a place in the bible where its claimed that God reaps without sowing which could apply to worldly struggles and the physical world. They multiply the amount of good in the universe (?) beyond what God could achieve (?) through a simple sowing process.

The counterpoints might be described as driving and furthering all of these processes but what is the final form.

I would guess something better than whatever we have right now. In the way that the poorest person in the world with a flat screen TV has things the wealthiest person in the world who lived 500 years ago could never have imagined.

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible mentions the struggle of the flesh contrasting with the spirit.

Which seems to imply things like hunger and poverty do not exist in the spiritual world. (Or the afterlife?)
The Bible has 3 temptations written down (these are the same 3 that Jesus faced in the desert): lust of the flesh, lust of the eye, and the pride of life.

Lust of the flesh - bodily pleasure
Lust of the eye - ambition
Pride of life - self-righteousness

The last one caused Lucifer's fall, the idea that one is closer to God or wiser or better than others. Jesus was tempted to go jump off a cliff and fly around like Neo in the Matrix. After all, He is God incarnate, He can do anything he wants, why shouldn't he? I think that the more one grows spiritually, the more one must continually humble themselves because the pride of life sneaks up on you like a snake and there is a fine line between genuine goodness and vanity.

The purpose and greater difficulty of the physical world could be a refining process. Over time we see human morality and civilization evolve. Like an infant growing and maturing into an adult.

Contrasts of good and evil in the world could be like an engine driving this progress. Being exposed to good or evil can be a transformative and maturing process for the human spirit.
I believe this completely

I can't remember the verse but there is a place in the bible where its claimed that God reaps without sowing which could apply to worldly struggles and the physical world. They multiply the amount of good in the universe (?) beyond what God could achieve (?) through a simple sowing process.

The counterpoints might be described as driving and furthering all of these processes but what is the final form.
If two opposing principles clash, then they spin off lesser ideas, some of which are harmonious, and others dissonant. For example, traditional society was very patriarchial. Some good ideas came of this, stable families, but also some bad ideas, such as the potential for wife abuse. Our current society seems very feminist, and some good ideas come out of this, like treating women as equals, but also bad ideas, like normalized promiscuity. So I believe that opposing forces will clash again and again until all dissonant ideas are removed and only harmonious ideas remain. This flawless synthesis is the perfected form. I think our purpose here is to seek to understand these perfect forms, which originate from the very mind of God.

Also, call me crazy, but my wild guess about the second coming of Christ is that it will involve the feminine ascension, and that the metaphor of the church being the "bride of Christ" is actually more literal than most people realize.

I would guess something better than whatever we have right now. In the way that the poorest person in the world with a flat screen TV has things the wealthiest person in the world who lived 500 years ago could never have imagined.
I agree. Things are always moving forward and evolving and one cannot even possibly conceive of the mind of God or what grand destiny might be in store for us.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. Can you tell me how Paul's words in Romans 16:19 fit with this process?

"But yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple (ignorant) concerning evil."