You can have "ALL" God wants you to have!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why nor receive "ALL" God wants you to have?
Jesse shares revelation from God’s Word that will enlarge your faith and unleash God’s favor and grace to receive all God has for you.
Jesse Duplantis Ministries All Part 1 May 2020 - YouTube

I used to listen to him a bit a very long time ago. But I just couldn't bear hearing the Faith Message over and over again. I do believe in a Faith Gift, but Faith Doctrine goes way over the top, insisting that Christians have the "magic key" to prosperity, or the "pin number" leading directly to getting anything we "claim" is ours.

People like Kenneth Copeland, and the many who have appeared on TBN, fail to see the Scriptural blueprint for the Christian experience in the present age. Yes, there can be some prosperity and blessing. But often, it is a matter of persecution and tribulation. And clearly, we cannot proclaim what we want and expect to get it, if, as James says, we determine to spend it on our carnal pleasures.

There is something about our Christian partnership with God in which we pursue what is best in the Kingdom of God. Sometimes that means we are blessed for our obedience. At other times we have to give up our rights and benefits, putting it off due to conditions on earth at present. We do suffer illnesses because of our proximity to sinners on this fallen earth. And we do have a sin nature ourselves, which needs to be tempered by the discipline of the Lord.

Much of this is unbalanced in the Prosperity Message, or the Faith Message. I think these teachers are real Christians, but I think their "gospel" is designed to flatter people that they are in charge and can get what they want. It tells people what they want to hear, that they are "God's elite," and have that special door accessing the treasure at the end of the rainbow, which of course is nowhere! ;)

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROFL! Jesse's life and prosperity are proof but you have what you use your faith to believe for.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROFL! Jesse's life and prosperity are proof but you have what you use your faith to believe for.

And the life of the Prosperity Teacher is full of sef-delusions, and is undoubtedly what you also experience. You are not sinless, and must be disciplined by the Lord. You live in a largely-pagan world, and will suffer from what they put into the environment. You will get sick.

You have limits to what you can ask for. "Ask for anything" itself has its limitations. We are not to ask for things to "spend on our carnal pleasures." We cannot exterminate all evil from the world, and take the world by force for God's Kingdom. We must await Christ's return.

Therefore, you cannot ask to cast Satan out of the world. You cannot ask for prosperity if God consigns you to a prison as Joseph was consigned to prison in Egypt. You cannot ask to be delivered from persecution if Jesus said "all who live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."

If you can't understand these things, and accept them, you are under a great delusion. But yes, have it as your faith indicates--a very disappointing self-deluded life!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the life of the Prosperity Teacher is full of sef-delusions, and is undoubtedly what you also experience. You are not sinless, and must be disciplined by the Lord. You live in a largely-pagan world, and will suffer from what they put into the environment. You will get sick.

You have limits to what you can ask for. "Ask for anything" itself has its limitations. We are not to ask for things to "spend on our carnal pleasures." We cannot exterminate all evil from the world, and take the world by force for God's Kingdom. We must await Christ's return.

Therefore, you cannot ask to cast Satan out of the world. You cannot ask for prosperity if God consigns you to a prison as Joseph was consigned to prison in Egypt. You cannot ask to be delivered from persecution if Jesus said "all who live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."

If you can't understand these things, and accept them, you are under a great delusion. But yes, have it as your faith indicates--a very disappointing self-deluded life!

The last time I went to a doctor about a health problem(stuffy ear) was 1967 and I wasted my time and money!!! And you??
Google==Desires: Treasures in Waiting (May 24, 2020) - Jesse Duplantis

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'd love to hear one of these clowns explain why Paul was taking up an offering at Corynth and the other churches, to feed the church there in Jerusalem, and we know for a fact that this was a true body of believers. They were devoid even the essentials to sustain life.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think! If Paul had not given the Corinth church the opportunity to give and help others they would have lost the blessings from God given to givers!!
Google===Desires: Treasures in Waiting (May 24, 2020) - Jesse Duplantis

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think! If Paul had not given the Corinth church the opportunity to give and help others they would have lost the blessings from God given to givers!!
Google===Desires: Treasures in Waiting (May 24, 2020) - Jesse Duplantis
I actually given it a lot of thought, and what I've concluded is JD wants to make merchandise of God's people.

Reactions: Huperetes

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time I went to a doctor about a health problem(stuffy ear) was 1967 and I wasted my time and money!!! And you??
Google==Desires: Treasures in Waiting (May 24, 2020) - Jesse Duplantis

I've entrusted my health to the Lord. I rarely go see a doctor. I damaged my back when in a fit of anger I lifted something beyond my physical ability to do. I now take mild pain killers. Other than that I have all the signs of aging, diabetes, concern about blood pressure, and a gradual degeneration of the body.

Many of our problems result from our own sins and foolishness. Sometimes they result from hereditary problems. Sometimes our problems come from unavoidable proximity to those who are both sinful and foolish.

None of us avoid the degeneration that comes from aging, and ultimately must die. Well, perhaps there were a few, like Moses and Elijah, who either did not suffer the normal degenerating process of aging or did not physically die on earth.

These are clearly exceptions, and not due to "Faith Doctrine." They were not told to "believe for it." ;)

You are no different. I've been told that some of these Faith Teachers preach one thing and do another. They visit doctors and have illnesses, but don't want to let the news out, for obvious reasons. I don't trust liars. You can never catch 'em. ;)

Reactions: Helen

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!! Watch Jesse and you will see he is NOT disappointed but blessed!!!

Desires: Treasures in Waiting (May 24, 2020) - Jesse Duplantis

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not angry at all just disappointed.

He's just projecting, brother. When those who disagree with you begin to accuse you of things that aren't true, or even infer it, then it's an indication they themselves are provoked and wish to retaliate.

Their hope is to provoke you so they can say, "See, you're angry. You're not a Christian, and nobody should listen to you."

But they would be the source of the provocation, right? So who should listen to them?

The point is, we have sin, we live in an imperfect world, and we must share the world with imperfect people. We are all going to die, and we all, as Christians, must be disciplined.

Further, we must all, if we are godly, suffer persecution from a world that hates Christian righteousness. What then is the value of "claim it" theology?

Do these people really think they're going to "take over the world" in Jesus' name, and live perfect lives? God only knows what is in their hearts!

We share a gospel of *grace,* and not a gospel of perfection, and certainly not a gospel that exhibits rebellion against God's word. If God says we must suffer persecution and deprivation of various kinds, it is rebellion to establish a doctrine that attempts to override it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROFL!! Mindreader now???

I can tell you this much--you're not rolling on the floor laughing, unless it is done in an ungodly, carnal spirit. It is a very serious thing when brothers disagree and then consider that "funny." Go back and read my post--I explain it more--something that you rarely actually respond to.

I don't need to be a mind-reader to voice my concerns about you. You advertise for your beliefs, but have scarcely engaged anybody in the actual concerns people have about your "products."

The Scriptures praised the Bereans for checking things out. God said, "Let's reason together." Christian apologists through the years have understood the importance of communicating things in an intelligent, reasonable way, in hopefully the best Christian spirit we can muster.

You seem to pour cold water on real self-examination. Paul said each prophet should take turns in prophesying, and then have 2 or 3 examine the prophecies. You just advertise, brother. I'm hoping you'll respond to God's word--not just me!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! I posted a link so you COULD check Jesse's Bible teaching but a guess fear would not allow you to watch!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! I posted a link so you COULD check Jesse's Bible teaching but a guess fear would not allow you to watch!

You are *so* uninspired brother! If you're addressing me, you shouldn't even remotely suggest I'm unable to watch Jess D. I began by telling you I watched him many years ago. And I'm very familiar with his teaching. My wife used to enjoy his great humor, although ultimately we couldn't stomach the endless "Faith" chatter. It sounded so very worldly--give me this, give me that. Give that to God, and God will give you that.

I was into this kind of Faith Teaching before Jesse D. began his ministry. But over time it didn't work out for me, and I gave up supporting them. I used to support Oral Roberts, and that was before Copeland broke off and began his own TV ministry AFAIK. Ultimately, Roberts was found having proclaimed false prophecies--he said God would enable his Medical Center to cure cancer. It didn't happen! I suppose we can just keep waiting until it actually happens?

I read Kenneth Hagin's biography many years ago, and was intrigued by it. I thought he was a real prophet. Maybe he was? But Hagin declared that nobody in his church died--perhaps somebody misrepresented him?

Regardless, people can know God, legitimately be a prophet or preach the Gospel, and still have errant doctrine. This was true of Hagin, Roberts, Copeland, Du Plantis, Dollar, and a whole drum of them. They teach false doctrine, or perhaps I should say, "unbalanced doctrine?"

No I'm not afraid of listening to them. For years about the only thing I watched on TV was TBN! I've heard them all! But a number of leaders have come forward in recent times to try to put "Faith" back into proper focus, and they are critical of Faith Doctrine, as I am. Fools are beyond correction. I hope better for you.

Last edited: