You can receive your healing today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
A leper come to Jesus in Matthew 8:2. and said to Jesus,"Lord if thou wilt, thou can make me clean". The leper knew that Jesus could heal him, but like a lot of people today he wanted to know if Jesus WAS WILLING TO heal him. The answer that Jesus gave to the leper, is the same answer that He will give you. Jesus said, "I WILL, BE CLEAN". There is about nine sctiptures in the Bible, that says, "God is no respecter of people". That means if Jesus did it for the leper, He will do it for you. Also in Matt 8: 5-7, a Centurion came to Jesus on behalf of his servant, and Jesus said, "I WILL COME AND HEAL HIM", again we see the williness of Jesus.In John 5: 2--6. There was a man who was infirm, waiting for am angel to come and trouble the water, hoping he would be the first one in the water, to be healed.And Jesus said to him, "WILT THOU BE MADE WHOLE?". Notice, Jesus didn't ask if he wanted to be healed, He knew he did, that was the reason the man was there, Jesus asked him, "WILL YOU BE HEALED".We have descovered that God wants to heal us, Now God wants to know, "WILL YOU BE HEALED".THE PRICE HAS ALREADY BEEN PAID.Isaiah 53: v4. "Surely He [Jesus] has borne our griefs [sicknesses] and carried our sorrows [Pains].v5. He [Jesus] was wounded for our tansgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes [Whippings that He took] we are healed.we know this is talking about Jesus, because in Acts 8: The Eunuch was reading this chapter and asked Philip who was he talking about, And Philip said it was Jesus. Acts 8:34--35.Matthew 8: 2--17. Is all about healing of the body, and in v 17, it says,"That it might be fulfiled which was spoken by Isaish the Prophet, saying, Himself,[Jesus] took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses".1 Peter 2: 24. "By whose stripes you were healed".We have just seen three witnesses to the fact that Jesus has healed us.Isaish had a revelation before the death of Jesus and said, "By His stripes we are healed". Matthew, who wrote his gospel after the death of Jesus, said, "That the prophecy might be fufilled". And Peter looking back after the death of Jesus, and said, "BY WHOSE STRIPES WE WERE HEALED".Please note the tense, WERE, "PAST TENSE".Jesus has taken our sicknesses, just the same as he has taken our sins. And just as you believe that God has forgiven your sins, you should believe that He has healed you. And just like you have received salvation you can receive healingMany people today are like the man at the pool, waiting for God to heal them, instead of knowing that they can receive right now.Mark 16: 18. "These signs shall follow them that believe, They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover".John 14: 12. "The believer shall do the same works that Jesus did".although Jesus was the Son of God, He opperated as, "Ben Adam", the son of man, and he didn't do one healing or miracle untill He was baptised in the Holy Ghost. Thats why we can do the same works as He did, We have the same Holy Ghost, Acts 1: 8, "Ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost has come upon you.James 5: 15. "The prayer of faith shall heal the Sick".So now that you know what God's will is, Jesus is saying to you,WILL YOU BE HEALED-TODAY.

zail

Feb 14, 2008
(Alanforchrist;41517)
There is about nine sctiptures in the Bible, that says, "God is no respecter of people". That means if Jesus did it for the leper, He will do it for you.
He is no respecter of persons, but that doesn't mean He definitly will do for us what he has done for any other. Otherwise I could say that He also will multiply my food, raise my dead family members and turn over tables in my church. Christ has His own will. He does what He wants, not what we expect Him to do. I've always heard that "instruction trumps the narrative". We're not supposed to assume to mimic what happened in Bible, we're supposed to obey "it". The two are often the same... just not always. I think this kind of teaching on healing hurts (not helps) people's faith when they don't get what they are told they can have. I do agree with the lesson that we have to be willing though. I also believe in the promise of James 5:15 (that prayers of faith result in healing). I just see it more like a relationship and less like an immediate solution. When and how will the healing take place? Does scripture ever promise it will be in this lifetime upon these vessels? Silly question, I know... but I have my theories: I believe that the account of the miracles of Christ go much deeper than healing the sickness of the flesh. I believe they characterize how the Lord is a healer of spiritual sickness since the physical life of Christ was just a small tangible piece of the spiritual King He really is. The price for sin has been paid. As a people, our spiritual connection to the Lord has been "healed", but I don't think that means we can claim physical health whenever we want just because Christ healed/heals people physically. I think the power to heal, given to us is on the same level. We should be fixed on spiritual healing, not so much the healing of our bodies (although still possible). I could be wrong
smile.gif
. What do you think about looking at it from that angle?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I agree that healing already came for us at the cross. However, physically speaking, we still do get sick just as we die (as we are in Adam). Sometimes that physical illness results in death, and sometimes we recover.I've been so down lately going to my church. Every week another one has cancer, cancer, and if its not cancer, it's more cancer. We pray, they get sicker and die. One woman in her 30's (that's too young) is dying of breast cancer.Even both my wife and I had our scares lately, but thank God we are clear; in my case a simple esophageal ulcer and she had only a cyst.So, since Passover is a month later than Easter this year, and it's out from the shadow of Easter, the woman who teaches our class decided to let me teach on Passover, and that has EVERYTHING to do with healing, as not a one Israelite was ill when they left Egypt (God healed them by the roasted lamb symbolic of Him). So I will teach on illness and healing.So, I did some scripture searching and found reasons why people get sick and maybe are "not healed" while others are.What it boiled down to was breaking the dietary laws that God gave to us, and also living in the flesh (and expecting God to be a big magical genie to grant our healing wishes when we do not live in the Spirit). In some cases, God uses sickness and death to punish His child.Then again, it's not always directly our fault. What I found was circumstances where illness was used for testing and to give God glory, for example.In our church's case, we have to discern what is brought on themselves, and what may be circumstances in God's (or Satan's) scheme of things.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(zail;41776)
He is no respecter of persons, but that doesn't mean He definitly will do for us what he has done for any other. Otherwise I could say that He also will multiply my food, raise my dead family members and turn over tables in my church. Christ has His own will. He does what He wants, not what we expect Him to do. I've always heard that "instruction trumps the narrative". We're not supposed to assume to mimic what happened in Bible, we're supposed to obey "it". The two are often the same... just not always. I think this kind of teaching on healing hurts (not helps) people's faith when they don't get what they are told they can have. I do agree with the lesson that we have to be willing though. I also believe in the promise of James 5:15 (that prayers of faith result in healing). I just see it more like a relationship and less like an immediate solution. When and how will the healing take place? Does scripture ever promise it will be in this lifetime upon these vessels? Silly question, I know... but I have my theories: I believe that the account of the miracles of Christ go much deeper than healing the sickness of the flesh. I believe they characterize how the Lord is a healer of spiritual sickness since the physical life of Christ was just a small tangible piece of the spiritual King He really is. The price for sin has been paid. As a people, our spiritual connection to the Lord has been "healed", but I don't think that means we can claim physical health whenever we want just because Christ healed/heals people physically. I think the power to heal, given to us is on the same level. We should be fixed on spiritual healing, not so much the healing of our bodies (although still possible). I could be wrong
smile.gif
. What do you think about looking at it from that angle?
Your trouble is, Your thinking, why can't you just agree with the what the Bible says.Why couldn't God, multiply your food, raise your dead family [If they have just died].Jesus does have His own will, you find it in the Bible "I will Heal you".But He cannot do what He wants, Mark 6: 5--6. says, Jesus couldn't do any mighty works, because of unberlief.If you were to obey the Bible instead of coming against it, you would be healed. We are supposed to mimic what Jesus did, John 14: 12. Mark 16: 18.To say that this teaching hurts when people don't get what they can have.The reasons people don't get what God has said, is[1] Lack of faith. [2] disobedience [3] lack of knowledge.If you believe Jesus has paid the price for sins, then why can't you use that same faith and believe for your healing. You can't believe one and not the other. Healing is for this life and not put back to the after life. In Mark 16: One of the signs is healing.Our spirits dont need healing, We are born of the spirit of God, a new creature in Christ, we are alive unto God. As I said 1 Peter 2: 24. means physicle healing, not spiritual.If one of your family was sick, wouldn't you want them to get better as quick as possible, How much more does God, whose love is far-far greater then ours. Jesus died in agony for our sins and sicknesses.If you believe, you shall receive, if you doubt, you will do without. We all have the same chose.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(tim_from_pa;41803)
I agree that healing already came for us at the cross. However, physically speaking, we still do get sick just as we die (as we are in Adam). Sometimes that physical illness results in death, and sometimes we recover.I've been so down lately going to my church. Every week another one has cancer, cancer, and if its not cancer, it's more cancer. We pray, they get sicker and die. One woman in her 30's (that's too young) is dying of breast cancer.Even both my wife and I had our scares lately, but thank God we are clear; in my case a simple esophageal ulcer and she had only a cyst.So, since Passover is a month later than Easter this year, and it's out from the shadow of Easter, the woman who teaches our class decided to let me teach on Passover, and that has EVERYTHING to do with healing, as not a one Israelite was ill when they left Egypt (God healed them by the roasted lamb symbolic of Him). So I will teach on illness and healing.So, I did some scripture searching and found reasons why people get sick and maybe are "not healed" while others are.What it boiled down to was breaking the dietary laws that God gave to us, and also living in the flesh (and expecting God to be a big magical genie to grant our healing wishes when we do not live in the Spirit). In some cases, God uses sickness and death to punish His child.Then again, it's not always directly our fault. What I found was circumstances where illness was used for testing and to give God glory, for example.In our church's case, we have to discern what is brought on themselves, and what may be circumstances in God's (or Satan's) scheme of things.
Just because Jesus has paid the price for our healing, doesn't mean everyone will be healed all the time, Healing is not a magic wand. There are reasons that people don't receive their healing, But it is never, never God's fault.The reasons are, [1] lack of knowledge. [2] lack of faith. [3] disobedience.Our faith is tested if we get sick, The devil will fight us all the way, But if you stand in faith you will receive your healing.A loving God wouldn't put sickness on us, If one of your family was sick you would want them better as soon as possible, How much more does God want them to get healed. God's love is far greater then ours.