YOU DENY THE POWER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
You deny the power, you make fun of the power, you ridicule the power, and most of all....you seek no power.
You carry a match and expect to fight the darkness.
Justifying in your own mind....that the power can't be. satan smiles.

International Standard Version 2nd, Timothy3:5
They will hold to an outward form of godliness but deny its power. Stay away from such people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL4v5fFZzJw&feature=player_embedded

LATER

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Who here denies the power of God? I certainly don't. When you fail to acknowledge the power of God's love above all else you miss out. There is more to the christian faith than resounding gongs and clanging cymbals. 1 Corinthians 13

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
I think he's mad at me.
Nah wasnt just you bro was my fault too.
If you read this Randor I hope you decide to come back, we promise we wont pick on you........................................................................much

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
RANDOR said:
You deny the power, you make fun of the power, you ridicule the power, and most of all....you seek no power.
You carry a match and expect to fight the darkness.
Justifying in your own mind....that the power can't be. satan smiles.

International Standard Version 2nd, Timothy3:5
They will hold to an outward form of godliness but deny its power. Stay away from such people.
Ok so seeings as this is here, and Randors obviously not coming back, I may as well make use of it.

Though I see some merit in this kind of out pouring, ( in the way of seeking to experience Gods Spiritual power ). this kind of child like back lash is really indicative of those who cultivate little to no structure in their dogmas.
This dogma was attacked on these grounds and as predicted it came down like a led zeppelin. Its one thing to be full of the joy of the Lord in out pourings and encouragement, its quite another to turn it in to a contest of who's the most spirituality enriched among us. When people put themselves up on that type of plain they become objects of intense speculation, they are ruled by their emotions and they chastise any reasoning that may run contrary to their own dogma, right to the point of rejecting biblical truths in order to continue to perpetuate what by that point serves as more of a fantasy than a real experience. The ideology dictates that if you feel left out by their strong convictions that you are being somehow convicted and rebuked, often the OP'er would say "well if you havent experienced it yet then......"

my son and his mate came back from their bible course one evening telling me that speaking in tongues is proof of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. that you know if you have the Spirit if you start to talk in tongues. He said that hes going to start praying for the ability to talk in tongues so that he can know if he has the Spirit.

This annoyed me no end, my son who has given his life to Christ is now feeling as though he needs to be talking in tongues in order to be sure that his election is true.
I rang the school to see what was going on and I was assured by the teacher that he must have misunderstood what he was being told. I took me sometime to reassure him that he doesn't need to be talking in tongues in order to be sure of his salvation.

The other night I was at a prayer group meeting and there was a lot of talking in tongues. later when the leader ask me what I thought I politely thanked him allowing me the honor to sit with them and then I asked him about the tongues and ask him why they seem to repeat the same sounds over and over while doing it, for example "Barababa baba ba" seems to be common and is repeated in almost every line. His answer to me was that sometimes they run out of things to say in prayer so they choose to pray like that, still as a type of out pouring but in gibberish (for lack of a better word). I was shocked, I was being told that they were knowingly and willingly speaking in gibberish because they wanted to continue in worship but had merely run out of things to say. It confirmed in me what I had always thought.

Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to cultivate an attitude of a doubting Thomas but when I see these things going on it attaches a stigma to worship which is forced over-spiritualism and incredibly unattractive. We all see the consequences on this forum of bad doctrine and heresy, these people come and go here spouting their unreasonable un-biblical apostasy, and as soon as we provide the answer they skulk off somewhere else because their flimsy structures can not stand up against the Word of reason.

I feel the same is true for this type of hyper-spirituality, when you stand up to it with the Word of truth, it falls flat on its face and it runs away to find its own.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm in complete agreement, I deplore all dishonesty. Life and death is in the power of the tongue, you should treat it like a loaded gun.

I think I'll just let well-enough alone concerning RANDOR.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lforrest said:
I'm in complete agreement, I deplore all dishonesty. Life and death is in the power of the tongue, you should treat it like a loaded gun.

I think I'll just let well-enough alone concerning RANDOR.
I understand.
Am speaking more in general, Randor I miss.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Madad21 said:
I understand.
Am speaking more in general, Randor I miss.
I wasn't rebuking you, I think you did what was necessary. I was referring to the situation you mentioned, If I were praying in tongues and ran out of things to say I would stop praying. I'm not going to say Jesus is sitting right next to me if he isn't.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
lforrest said:
I wasn't rebuking you, I think you did what was necessary. I was referring to the situation you mentioned, If I were praying in tongues and ran out of things to say I would stop praying. I'm not going to say Jesus is sitting right next to me if he isn't.
I know you weren't bro, all good.

Here, have a kitten in boots.
kitten-boots.gif

your welcome

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I wasn't trying to drive anyone away from the forum, least of all RANDOR. But he has thrice implied that Christians are less so unless they jump through certain hoops and I've called him on it all three times. The first time was with tithing, the second with tongues, and now this with being slain in the Spirit. Though I don't believe in the third item, I know that many sincere Christians do and it's not my wish to hurt them. But when, like Madad said, it becomes a competition to see who has more spiritual gifts, then it becomes a truly ugly thing. For the record, I do speak in tongues, very rarely, very privately, and as the Lord moves upon me to do so. I do it at times of anguish when I have a great need but don't know how to express it. It's a very precious thing, so much so that I keep it in the prayer closet as Jesus instructed us to do. It certainly isn't a cudgel by which I would make anyone feel inferior. I believe that nobody has to seek out such a gift, that it will come to them when it's needed. Sometimes just a wordless cry is all it takes and the Holy Spirit articulates for us what we cannot for ourselves.

I do hope that RANDOR sticks around for years to come, but I also hope he grows past the need to engage in spiritual one-upmanship. We are all saved by grace. Nothing needs to be added to that.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
You know, I was thinking bout this today and its not even that I dont believe that this stuff is real, its more that I have very little faith in humanity. People are fake.
How could anyone knowingly start babbling away in gibberish just because they want to talk in a "tongue" where in the Bible did that ever happen?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
And where does the Bible ever refer to being "slain in the Spirit"? In my experience, being touched by God increases one's awareness, spiritually and otherwise, not the opposite.

walls of jericho941

Aug 22, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
And where does the Bible ever refer to being "slain in the Spirit"? In my experience, being touched by God increases one's awareness, spiritually and otherwise, not the opposite.
I do not know where in the bible it speaks of it, but I would like to share with you my experience, as you have listed yours. I have been slain in the spirit two times. The first time I was in such sorrow I was going to commit suicide. As I was about to tie the noose I fell out on my bed and was praying in tounges and I got the interpretation too. This was before I had hands laid on me. I had tremendous peace and all my sorrows where taken and I could function in life again. I was healed. The second time I was sitting in a chair and once again had tremendous peace, and God asked me a question, I heard Him audibly, no one else around me could hear Him. The question He asked me was dealing with an addiction and I really didnt understand what answer He was looking for. For a month and a half I tried to quit my addiction because I thought thats what He wanted from me, and I could not quit in my own power. I finnally said I am sorry God but I cant not do this. Right then I felt Him reach inside me and take my addiction. I even felt the addiction leave out the same celing I was going to hang myself from before. My point, just because you have not experienced it dont make it untrue. I would also like to point out that a lot of what you see as far as being slain in the spirit is staged and is an act. If I am lying I am dying.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Good on ya mate nice testimony, I had a similar thing happen to me in deep depression the first time I cried out to Christ and was saved, I physically felt a heavy burden come off my back and then I was overwhelmed with joy like I was being lifted up inside (hard to describe). :)

walls of jericho941

Aug 22, 2014
Madad21 said:
Good on ya mate nice testimony, I had a similar thing happen to me in deep depression the first time I cried out to Christ and was saved, I physically felt a heavy burden come off my back and then I was overwhelmed with joy like I was being lifted up inside (hard to describe). :)
Cindy Morgan has a song.... higher.... higher...

you ever heard it?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
walls of jericho941 said:
Cindy Morgan has a song.... higher.... higher...

you ever heard it?
No but I will look it up. thank you.

I remember the first song I herd on Christian radio almost straight after what happened was "I am free" by the Newsboys

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Jericho,

I think you and I are in full agreement. I don't discount the testimonies people give of being touched powerfully by God and I've certainly had experiences like that myself, being touched powerfully, though I didn't drop to the floor. Such experiences are unassuming because people aren't seeking it out, it just happens by the grace of God and as your testimony would indicate, it's a very life changing event. Wanting to reproduce such an experience in public based on the whims of man is a shoddy cheapening of what should be a God ordained very special moment. People in your situation weren't seeking to be slain in the Spirit, they were seeking God's face and what happened was a gift from God, nothing that can be reproduced at will.