You: Dislikes/Likes about yourself?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought this would be a good discussion for others to consider.

Rummaging through a box filled with written documents of past life which are great to go back and discover for yourself and it might open door ways again newly in your life. Going through the journaled documents came across a page that has a lot of questions on it. For me am not very good at asking others questions and it is something that I still struggle with today.

But the question was what do you like the most about yourself, and dislike about yourself?
The values and priorities.

These are a few values I like about myself: The values are trying not to be the most important person over others, allowing others to be expressive in any way they choose to do so, uplifting others instead of trying to push them around and push them into a ditch hoping they break a leg.

There are a few things I dislike about myself too and they involve: - Unable to share with others about my feelings, dislike having outburst of anger that lead to destroying relationship with others; when I fail to be considerable of others in their own situations and circumstances.

A few priorities I like about myself are that of being able to work a job, pay bills, socialize somewhat, and the main one is trying to put God first in almost every step of the way.

This was written possibly around 2019.

Do you do you think it good to self evaluate and write out things you dislike or like about yourself?

What are some of the likes, and dislikes of the values and priorities that you find valuable to knowing who you are as a person?

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evaluating ourselves can only be a good thing and putting any part of it down in writing will only help the process. Journaling is an established way to sort one's self / feelings / thoughts.

Reactions: MatthewG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dislike looking much at myself. I find my perceptions and opinions of myself to be faulty.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you both for your replies. God bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like my honesty.

I dislike my hesitancy to share the truth in key moments. Especially the gospel. Im working on it.

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m honest.

Dislikes:

I truly do care for the lost but feel quite useless in witnessing to them. Seems like no one wants to talk about God.

I’m not patient enough yet - a work in progress.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m honest.

Dislikes:

I truly do care for the lost but feel quite useless in witnessing to them. Seems like no one wants to talk about God.

I’m not patient enough yet - a work in progress.

Sometimes I feel like the air around me is choking the gospel out of me. The environment and people's faces create this barrier and I can feel the hostility toward the things of God.

Im hoping to get bolder as I let go of the things of this world.

Reactions: Mantis and marks