You never know who is watching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearwater, FL.

I presented this to the choir on Good Friday, the last night of our Easter Production.

I had been chosen to be Barabbas. The main character of our production. When first introduced, the choir booed. The fictional work was a “what if” scenario. Once released Barabbas never appears later in the Bible. But what if he became a Christian? At the time I was traveling as a Regional Sales Manager. One week out and one week in. When we were home, we were openly granted “fix it” time. If nothing was broken while I was out, I would take an afternoon and play golf.
Thursday, no production, I went to the golf course. They couldn’t get me on the course without partners. The kid in my cart was from Michigan. The couple from Canada. They asked me to define each hole and what to look for hazard wise. The first hole a straight Par 5. I nailed the drive, then the three wood, onto the fringe. Two putted for a birdie. I thought, I’m tearing this course up today. Then nothing worked. After each shot, no cursing, shouting, slamming or throwing clubs. Just shook my head, smiled an went to find the others balls. The 16th tee another Par 5. Birdied that hole. Then we were stacked. Three other foursomes on the tee waiting. We are sitting. Ken asked “ Can I ask a personal question.” “Yes” “Are you a Christian?” “ Yes I am, why do you ask?” “ It’s obvious you can golf, but having a bad day. Yet you never swear, don’t throw clubs, beat the ground. You look to support others. Where do you go to church?” I told him and described the building. “I was there last night! The production is great! Do you know the main character?” “Yes, I do” “I’ll be there tomorrow night as well, can you introduce him to me? I have to meet him!”

By this time he’s telling 14 people about the production. “When he starts singing Bow the Knee, there is not a dry eye in the place!” “You all have to bring your wives, you can’t miss this!” I take programs from my bag and hand them out.Ken starts again. “ I must meet this guy. Tell me who he is.” Trying to be humble and dealing with a situation where I should have told him earlier. I extend my open hand said” Let me introduce myself. My name is Barabbas.” He’s beside himself.

The following night my wife and I arrive on the bus. I go up to the sound booth to pick up the headset. “We changed the mikes and need a sound check from the platform.”
I went down and walked out on the platform and was met by applause from about 100 people. They had brought friends and neighbors with them, most heading back north after Easter. The booth ran the monitor checks and a few measures of the song before shutting off the mikes. I walked down on the floor and met with the crowd. They asked a series of questions. “ Were we Professionals? No, we are members of the choir.” After changing, I went to the choir room and saw five men and women from the group. The Music Director had turned the headset back on and he had listened to the conversation. “Ray has something to say about his crowd in the center this evening.” 2500 people, another packed house. I began “ You never know who is watching.”