you part of the problem or part of the solution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'm assuming it is "Are you part of the problem, or solution".

For me - my fleshly responses are part of the problem. The power of Christ working through me is part of the solution. When I take my eyes off Him, and focus on the storm, I need help, and instead of being empowered to help others, I'm one of those in need that need help myself. When I'm walking right in Him, I am not in need because I have all I need in him, so rather - I'm in a position to be able to help others.

For me, this changes constantly. I don't see myself as solely part of the problem or solely part of the solution. I battle against my flesh daily. I strive to be used by Him, and I thank God for the body of Christ - in the church that there are others to help me see when I've fallen, and help me back on my feet, or challenge me so I can see areas I need to deal with in myself, just as I pray I can do for others.

I'm also thankful in a way that it's is this way. I fear if I was only part of the solution - I would suffer from pride, or have haughty eyes, and fall - both which is something that I know my flesh would run with if I allowed it.

One thing I like to challenge myself and my friends with - is if we have a deep conversation about something we don't like or are concerned about - do we just talk about it, or do we pray about it at the end. It's so easy for me to get wrapped up with talk yet do little about it besides be concerned.