You Probably Believe This Lie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to believe the Lie that you can lose your Salvation , you must first believe the additional Lie that you Earned your Salvation....

Comments?
Arminianism vs Predestination? Big historical subject!

I would describe my own position this way. There is the knowledge of Salvation and there is actual Salvation, and these are different. People can know Christ without fully embracing him as Lord and Savior. They know what he did to save mankind. They know what his love and righteousness is. Yet they don't necessarily commit completely to make him Lord and Savior. As such, they have the knowledge of Salvation--they know Christ, but they don't yet receive a New Nature that is predicated on a full commitment.

It's like a man being engaged to marry a woman. He may fully know who she is and what she is like. And yet during this engagement he may not be fully committed, and not really be sure he wants to follow through and get married to her. He acts like he knows her and loves her, but his lack of internal commitment means that he doesn't love her in the sense of really being committed to marrying her.

That is the way of those with the knowledge of Salvation. They have embraced the Christian religion, and they know Christ. They just aren't sure they want to commit fully to making Christ central in their lives all the time. He isn't yet their true Lord.

People in this situation can "lose their Salvation," if you want to call it that. But I don't think they've truly been Saved at all. They just had knowledge without a full commitment. If they would've been fully committed they would've become "Born Again," which knowledge of Salvation does not necessarily produce.

On the other hand, those who are truly Born Again will not lose their Salvation. It is, by definition, "Eternal Life" that they have received. But this doesn't mean they can't backslide, or turn back to the pig sty or to the dog's vomit. They certainly may turn back to sin. I just don't think they will lose their Salvation once they have actually embraced and received Eternal Life.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that salvation can be lost is due to men thinking as men think--that is in terms of times, which is not godly at all but rather a delusion that was merely created and is "of this world."

In other words, regarding eternal things (of which salvation is one), there is no timeline on which one could loose their salvation, as eternal things are "the same yesterday, today, and forever" and "not of this world."

The bad news then, is that if you think and believe as men think and believe your whole life--that is indeed the measure by which you yourself will be saved--that is, your salvation will not be complete until the end of your illusion of time is finished in death.

To the contrary, if you do not remain diluted by the illusions of this world, but actually believe that "today is the time of salvation" as it is written, then that is the measure that shall be yours. In which case, "today" is the beginning of "forever", "old things have past away, all things have become new" (past tense).

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In order to believe the Lie that you can lose your Salvation , you must first believe the additional Lie that you Earned your Salvation....

Comments?
There is a huge difference between "you didn't earn your salvation" and "salvation requires nothing of you".

Matthew 18

23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Comments?

Is it possible for a person who freely chooses Christ to freely disavow Christ for whatever circumstances?

Those in the Galatian Church who embraced Law through circumcision, did not Paul say that "Christ is become of none effect to you" and didn't he say "they were fallen from Grace?"

What would have happened to them had they continued in this belief that one must be circumcised to be saved?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
accepting Christ with your mouth, ha

Comments?
“salvation” to you right now is involved with possibly becoming immortal after you have died, and so your op is basically moot, wadr

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Comments?
Show me a man or anyone who earned their salvation and i will show you a liar . ALL NEED JESUS CHRIST .
LET THE KING BE PRAISED . Anyone who thinks they gonna earn their way to GOD , their own righteousness
is a man on a suicide mission sent to end in the lake of fire . PEROID .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST for all else is but winds of vainity and if one sows to wind , BEWARE the whirlwhind they reap unto themselves .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Submit to GOD resist the devil and he will flee .
Yet many have not yet submitted to the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD . WHICH IS FOUND ONLY IN CHRIST JESUS .
Be not like the jews who believed not and attained not to righteousness . BELEIVE YE IN HE , JESUS , WHOM GOD DID SEND .
cause all else is the winds of the deceptoins of delusion which ends in a whirlwind of upmost destruction .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Submit to GOD resist the devil and he will flee .
Yet many have not yet submitted to the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD . WHICH IS FOUND ONLY IN CHRIST JESUS .
Be not like the jews who believed not and attained not to righteousness . BELEIVE YE IN HE , JESUS , WHOM GOD DID SEND .
cause all else is the winds of the deceptoins of delusion which ends in a whirlwind of upmost destruction .
Praise the Lord. Sound it out brother and hit those trenches.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Comments?
Not at all.

You must first believe THE BIBLE!
Stop attending you corrupt leavened church, listening to false teachers, or the voices in your head.

HEAR YE WHAT THE LORD SAITH!!

“But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.” (Luke 12:45-46)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Comments?
And another thing…

After you receive salvation by belief alone, YOU DO EARN IT in enduring to the end!

“…we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer” (2 Thessalonians 1:4-5)

So much ignorance in Christians because they listen more to men than to the word of God!

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it possible for a person who freely chooses Christ to freely disavow Christ for whatever circumstances?

Those in the Galatian Church who embraced Law through circumcision, did not Paul say that "Christ is become of none effect to you" and didn't he say "they were fallen from Grace?"

What would have happened to them had they continued in this belief that one must be circumcised to be saved?
There clearly is a possibility of disavowing Christ which the Hebrew Christians were warned of doing so in the Hebrew letter and were cautioned that in doing so it was impossible to renew them again to repentance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There clearly is a possibility of disavowing Christ which the Hebrew Christians were warmed of doing so in the Hebrew letter and were cautioned that in doing so it was impossible to renew them again to repentance.

That is exactly what that was referring to.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Comments?
What about the scriptures that say those who endure until the end will be saved? (Matthew 10:22; 24:12, 13; Mark 13:13)
The Apostle Paul's comment at Hebrew 3:14? Time and again Paul likens the Christian's course to a race that must be finished.(Hebrews 12:1) To enter the race, sinners must take the steps necessary for salvation: hearing and accepting the truth of the word of God, believing in Jesus Christ and his ransom sacrifice, repenting of their sins and being baptized. In this way, they get saved “from this crooked generation,” as Peter exhorted those gathered at Pentecost. Unbelievers are outside the race, having failed to enter by getting “saved.”(Acts 2:37-40; 16:31-33; Romans 10:13,14)

Paul says concerning this race, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize?” In the Christian race, Paul indicates the “one” who receives the prize is anyone who finishes the race. Therefore, Paul urges, “So run that you may obtain it.” Then, using himself as an example to make the point of his illustration, he continues: “I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”(1Timothy 6:19; 1Corinthians 9:24-27)

Evidently the apostle, who surely was a “saved” Christian, believed that even he could be “disqualified” from the race. Yet as long as he continued to ‘run that he might obtain’ the prize, thus remaining in the race, salvation was assured. This is why Christians who remain in the race can be said to ‘have everlasting life.’ But if they should ever quit the race, they are “disqualified,” losing their hold on everlasting life.

So, Paul follows up his remarks on the Christian’s race by cautioning about the danger of overconfidence. Using the example of the Israelites who were saved through the Red Sea, yet fell to wrongdoing in the wilderness, he warned: “We [“saved” Christians] must not put the Lord to the test.” Then, driving his point home, he declared: “Let any one who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.” Yes, it could happen, even to “saved” ones.(1Corinthians 10:1-12)
This is why, throughout his writings, Paul consistently emphasized his own need to stay in the race. For example, of his hoped-for reward of the resurrection, he said: “I do not consider that I have made it my own; but one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” It was only after Paul neared the end of his life that he wrote: “I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” At this point in his life, he could finally say with confidence: “Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award me on that Day.”(Philippians 3:11-14; 2Timothy 4:6-8)

Paul’s view of his own salvation, then, is consistent with Jesus’ comments mentioned about ‘enduring to the end’ to be saved.
Also compare scripture such as Revelation 2:10; 3:11,12.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much ignorance in Christians because they listen more to men than to the word of God!

Most “ ignorance” in Christians is due to the fact that they have been poorly taught and have become “ Poor Students Of The Word”.....They need to be educated ....Good thing they come in here and and at least get the “Chance” to be enlightened! No need to thank me , Mich.....I enjoy helping you out!

“And who is it that ENDURES , but he that BELIEVES that Jesus is the Son Of God” ( 1John 5:5)
The Lesson for you to learn today ? Whatever God Demands—- God provides.