You will be for me a KINGDOM OF PRIESTS and a holy nation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exodus 19:

6a you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.
The same symbolism applies in the NT, 1 Peter 2:

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Revelation 1:

6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
The OT Israelite kingdom of priests became the NT Christian kingdom of priests serving the same God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The OT Israelite kingdom of priests became the NT Christian kingdom of priests serving the same God.

Toni, was not Peter the apostle to the Jews while Paul was the Apostle to the gentiles.

If you can grab the context of Peter's letter, it was I believe written to the dispersed Israelites living in Gentile nations and he was reminding them of the Mt Sinai covenant to be a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's possession among the nations Covenant, which was to be made like new again as foretold in Jeremaih 31:31ff.

In the gifts of the Holy Spirit, I am not sure that the role of a priest was included by Paul.

We as Christian need to be careful not to claim the Priestly role that has been set aside for the Israelites to perform.

Shalom

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 19:

The same symbolism applies in the NT, 1 Peter 2:

Revelation 1:

A chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and a treasure of God's own possession are terms used to describe Israel, so Gentiles also have the delight of getting to follow the instructions that God gave to Israel for how to fulfill those roles. For example, it would be contradictory for a Gentile to want to live as part of a holy nation while not wanting to follow God's instructions for how to live as part of a holy nation.