Your opinions on charismatic Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I don't see a problem with it. There is really no difference other than the clapping and cheering. But that's all worship...

Nov 8, 2007
There's is a major difference with a Holy Ghost filled Person preaching than a Charismatic. I keep silent with my Amens until I know that it is biblically sound, if it's not I will keep my peace. Sometimes people let excitement and adrenaline get the best of them, sad to say. Even when my Pastor is wrong, I will not say Amen, I will keep my peace and talk to him after the end of the service. But I don't like using Charismatic, sounds to much of a Nicolaitan Name.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Charismatic is an umbrella term used to describe those Christians who believe that the manifestations of the Holy Spirit seen in the first century Christian Church, such as miracles, prophecy.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
I like to be in charismatic church, but sometimes there can be kind of controlling spirit over there not in all churches,kind of arrogance. That's just what I've experienced lately. But have to think, they are just some individuals. So if the Son sets you free,you will be free indeed. John 8:36It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm,then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal. 5:1
smile.gif

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
I visited a super chrismatic church this past weekend and found no peace. My heart was racing when I left. People were on display in there worship and I tried to find a small place for me and I couldnt. and I ve been to some wild churches. It was Disney Church.I just wanted to feel some holiness.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(crooner;36354)
I visited a super chrismatic church this past weekend and found no peace. My heart was racing when I left. People were on display in there worship and I tried to find a small place for me and I couldnt. and I ve been to some wild churches. It was Disney Church.I just wanted to feel some holiness.
Have you been to a Pentecostal church?

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Yea I hav been going to a 1st Assembly of God a good one for a long time. I think culture has a lot to do with it, but I am so fussy these days I guess

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(DrBubbaLove;36406)
they usually scare me
I was like that when I was little.Now I'm happy every time I'm around a person who prays in tongues. The Holy Ghost brings people together.