Your Strength comes from Him..post a positive scripture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot of religious bondage being shared on the forum lately...
Well brothers and sisters let's get out of that dark, miry clay and rise up and declare Victory in our lives!...I will start.
Post something positive!
The Joy of the Lord IS MY STRENGTH!!!! Nehemiah 8:10

Please provide the scripture with where it is found...thanks!

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is a lot of religious bondage being shared on the forum lately...
Well brothers and sisters let's get out of that dark, miry clay and rise up and declare Victory in our lives!...I will start.
Post something positive!
The Joy of the Lord IS MY STRENGTH!!!! Nehemiah 8:10
I love that verse. And the Psalm that says, "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:2

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love that verse. And the Psalm that says, "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:2
In prayer yesterday He told me He would plant my feet on solid ground and make straight the crooked paths!
I will take this as confirmation!:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beloved, we are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Peace!
Amen!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."

Protection from the evil one always puts a picture in my mind of His glorious very large angels, covering my home to keep the fiery darts away! Well, however He does it, it's calming :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always feels so amazing when you get a confirmation of something God has said.
I love it! and yes it does feel good!:)
We never know who we might be blessing when we share our testimony with one another and you sharing that scripture was just so on target....is anything coincidental with God....I don't believe so....I think He has everything perfectly planned out for us as long as we acknowledge Him in all our ways!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians:

" Whatever happens, keep living your lives based on the reality of the gospel of Christ, which reveals him to others.

Then when I come to see you, or hear good reports of you,

I’ll know that you stand united in one Spirit and one passion—celebrating together as conquerors in the faith of the gospel.

And then you will never be shaken or intimidated by the opposition that rises up against us,

for your courage will only prove as a sure sign from God of their coming destruction and that you have found a new life.

For God has graciously given you the privilege not only to believe in Christ, but also to suffer for him.

For you have been called by him to endure the conflict in the same way I have endured it—for you know I’m not giving up."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians:

" Whatever happens, keep living your lives based on the reality of the gospel of Christ, which reveals him to others.

Then when I come to see you, or hear good reports of you,

I’ll know that you stand united in one Spirit and one passion—celebrating together as conquerors in the faith of the gospel.

And then you will never be shaken or intimidated by the opposition that rises up against us,

for your courage will only prove as a sure sign from God of their coming destruction and that you have found a new life.

For God has graciously given you the privilege not only to believe in Christ, but also to suffer for him.

For you have been called by him to endure the conflict in the same way I have endured it—for you know I’m not giving up."

Glory to God!
What translation is this?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."

Protection from the evil one always puts a picture in my mind of His glorious very large angels, covering my home to keep the fiery darts away! Well, however He does it, it's calming :)
Yes Nancy, 'glorious and very large angels' is about right. When we first moved here I 'saw' a glorious and very large angel clothed in gold armour and carrying a sword on guard duty on our front steps.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know - I just did a search , copy , and paste from biblegateway.com (I think)
I use that site all the time....it has tools to parallel alongside whatever version of translation you are reading at the time....
example I can read scripture in the KJV, ESV, NIV, NKJV all at the same time....but it sucks for offering cross references.

Sorry off topic....back to the OP and topic at hand!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Nancy, 'glorious and very large angels' is about right. When we first moved here I 'saw' a glorious and very large angel clothed in gold armour and carrying a sword on guard duty on our front steps.

Thanks for sharing this.....I need to be reminded now and then that I serve a mighty God who keeps me safe from the enemy.:)

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I use that site all the time....it has tools to parallel alongside whatever version of translation you are reading at the time....
example I can read scripture in the KJV, ESV, NIV, NKJV all at the same time....but it sucks for offering cross references.

Sorry off topic....back to the OP and topic at hand!
Is this the Bible Gateway site? or the Blue Letter Bible site? Bible Search and Study Tools - Blue Letter Bible

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh what an awesome and comforting site to see while moving into a new house! God made the way for you to walk into a home you knew you would feel safe in :)
For months now, I have been wanting to get back into my graphite drawings. I keep picturing in my mind how things are like in the spiritual world. My idea is just drawing parts of my neighborhood with demons hanging from the eaves of homes, trees on cars, etc...but then I see a few of Gods mighty angels between them and some people. The demons are not bothering the ones who walk down the street doing all sorts of mischief as Satan already has these people where he wants them. It has been years, decades really since I picked up my art supplies so...most likely pretty rusty...of course I could put it Picasso style, then it wont matter if I am symmetrical or not, LOL!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BE wary of graven images and anything made trying to picture anything in heaven.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh what an awesome and comforting site to see while moving into a new house! God made the way for you to walk into a home you knew you would feel safe in :)
For months now, I have been wanting to get back into my graphite drawings. I keep picturing in my mind how things are like in the spiritual world. My idea is just drawing parts of my neighborhood with demons hanging from the eaves of homes, trees on cars, etc...but then I see a few of Gods mighty angels between them and some people. The demons are not bothering the ones who walk down the street doing all sorts of mischief as Satan already has these people where he wants them. It has been years, decades really since I picked up my art supplies so...most likely pretty rusty...of course I could put it Picasso style, then it wont matter if I am symmetrical or not, LOL!
It would be lovely to see some of your artwork Nancy.

Reactions: Nancy