Your thoughts on TEN verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
What are your thoughts on these TEN verses. A good discussion. - ATP :mellow:

ALL SINS ARE COVERED - Col 2:13-15 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

ALL SINS ARE COVERED - Rom 4:1-8 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” 4Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: 7“Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. 8Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

THERE IS NOW NO CONDEMNATION - Rom 8:1-4 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,b God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

WHO WILL BRING ANY CHARGE - Rom 8:33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.

GOD LOVED FIRST - Rom 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

NEITHER PRESENT NOR FUTURE - Rom 8:38-39 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

INHERITANCE KEPT IN HEAVEN FOR YOU/SHIELDED BY GOD'S POWER - 1 Peter 1:3-5 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

WE WERE CHOSEN/WE WERE MARKED WITH A SEAL - Eph 1:11-14 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

CANNOT BE SNATCHED FROM JESUS/FATHER'S HAND - John 10:25-30 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

WE HAVE CROSSED OVER FROM DEATH TO LIFE - John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

- ATP

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Heb 6:4-8 Explanation

Enlightened, tasted and shared is referring to knowing the truth of God, but falling away from God. Rom 1:18-32. Falling away is a term that describes apostates. Apostates and born again Christians are polar opposite people. Let's ask ourselves, if Heb 6:4-6 says it's impossible to repent then why does the Holy Spirit convict, teach, comfort and never leave us if we can't repent? Contradictory, no?

What does Heb 6:4-8, Matt 13:1-23 and Rom 11:11-24 have in common?
1. Farmer / Crop / Seed / Soil / Thorns and Thistles / Root

Heb 6:4-8 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 7Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

THEY HAVE NO ROOT - Matt 13:21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

Matt 13:1-23 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

10The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” 11He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’

16But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it. 18“Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

BRANCH BROKEN BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF - Rom 11:20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief.
THE LORD IS OUR ROOT/THE ROOT SUPPORTS YOU - Rom 11:11-24 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!

13I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
Pretty cool that nobody here is challenging this thread. That is good stuff. :)
You assume too much. Your posts are too long for me to take the time to discuss. Why don't you raise just one topic at a time - but make it brief so that you hear from OTHER people rather than hearing your own keyboard?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
You assume too much. Your posts are too long for me to take the time to discuss. Why don't you raise just one topic at a time - but make it brief so that you hear from OTHER people rather than hearing your own keyboard?
Do you believe in OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) or NON-OSAS.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
That's a red herring logical fallacy of a response. You did not address the content of my response to you. We cannot have a logical discussion when you use fallacious reasoning like this.
This is what the thread is about, lol.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
The thread is not about your engaging in fallacious reasoning (a red herring logical fallacy, http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/red-herring.html) in your response.
Do you understand what OSAS is. It's ok if you don't.
OzSpen said:
The thread is not about your engaging in fallacious reasoning (a red herring logical fallacy, http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/red-herring.html) in your response.
I believe OSAS is truth. Relationship vs Fellowship.

Matt 28:16-20 NIV - The Lord is with us always to the very end of the age.
John 3:18 NIV - There is now no condemnation.
John 5:24 NIV - We have crossed over from death to life.
John 10:27-30 NIV - We cannot be snatched from Jesus and Father's hand.
John 14:16 NIV - The Holy Spirit will never leave us.
Rom 4:7-8 NIV - All sins are covered.
Rom 8:1-2 NIV - There is now no condemnation.
Rom 8:9-11 NIV - We belong to Christ by adoption
Rom 8:15-17 NIV - We belong to Christ by adoption. We are heirs of God's family.
Rom 8:33 NIV - Who will bring any charge against God's elect.
Rom 8:37 NIV - God loved us first.
Rom 8:38-39 NIV - Neither present nor future can separate us from God.
Rom 10:3-4 NIV - God's righteousness is what keeps us saved, not ours.
Rom 10:9-10 NIV - Believing only comes once. Sanctification occurs for the rest of your life.
Eph 1:13-14 NIV - We were chosen/We were marked with a seal.
Eph 2:7-9 NIV - Salvation is a gift expressed in his kindness and not of ourselves.
Eph 4:30 NIV - We are sealed until death.
Phil 1:6 NIV - A good work is carried out on to completion.
Col 2:13-15 NIV - All sins are covered.
2 Tim 1:9 NIV - We're not saved because of anything we've done.
1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV - We have an eternal inheritance. We are shielded by God's power.
2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV - The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials.
1 John 3:9 NIV - God's seed remains in them. It doesn't leave them.
Rev 20:15 NIV - You're either in the book of life or you're not.

Matt 28:16-20 NIV Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
John 3:18 NIV Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
John 5:24 NIV “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
John 10:27-30 NIV My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”
John 14:16 NIV And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.
Rom 4:7-8 NIV “Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. 8Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”
Rom 8:1-2 NIV Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:9-11 NIV You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Rom 8:15-17 NIV The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Rom 8:33 NIV Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
Rom 8:37 NIV No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Rom 8:38-39 NIV For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom 10:3-4 NIV Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
Eph 2:7-9 NIV in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.
Eph 4:30 NIV And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Phil 1:6 NIV being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Col 2:13-15 NIV When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
2 Tim 1:9 NIV He has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings;
1 John 3:9 NIV No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
Rev 20:15 NIV Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

- ATP

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
Do you understand what OSAS is. It's ok if you don't.

I believe OSAS is truth. Relationship vs Fellowship.

Rom 8:15-17 NIV - We belong to Christ by adoption. We are heirs of God's family.
Rom 10:9-10 NIV - Believing only comes once. Sanctification occurs for the rest of your life.
Eph 2:7-9 NIV - Salvation is a gift expressed in his kindness and not of ourselves.
1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV - We have an eternal inheritance. We are shielded by God's power.

Matt 28:16-20 NIV Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
John 3:18 NIV Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
John 5:24 NIV “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
John 10:27-30 NIV My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”
John 14:16 NIV And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.
Rom 4:7-8 NIV “Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. 8Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”
Rom 8:1-2 NIV Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:9-11 NIV You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
Rom 8:15-17 NIV The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Rom 8:33 NIV Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
Rom 8:37 NIV No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Rom 8:38-39 NIV For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Rom 10:3-4 NIV Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
Eph 2:7-9 NIV in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.
Eph 4:30 NIV And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Phil 1:6 NIV being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Col 2:13-15 NIV When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
2 Tim 1:9 NIV He has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
2 Peter 2:4-10 NIV For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings;
1 John 3:9 NIV No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
Rev 20:15 NIV Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

- ATP
Why?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
It that's the case I wonder why it doesn't appear in church history until the 1500's
"Church" history vs. The Word of God? Hmm, whichever shall I choose.

Matt 24:11 NIV and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Matt 24:24 NIV For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Luke 20:25 NIV He said to them, "Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
"Church" history vs. The Word of God? Hmm, whichever shall I choose.

Matt 24:11 NIV and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Matt 24:24 NIV For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Luke 20:25 NIV He said to them, "Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."
Church history vs. one's interpretation of God's Word. One's interpretation 2000 years and many miles removed from the events.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
Church history vs. one's interpretation of God's Word. One's interpretation 2000 years and many miles removed from the events.
If you believe it's just my interpretation, then you would have to refute the 24 scriptures I posted.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
Or you could show how they prove OSAS.
I already did.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:
I already did.

Firstly they would have to be looked at in context. However, from what I see at a glance is that they all appear to apply to believers. No of them, however, say one can't stop believing.
I use to believe OSAS for quite a few years. However, as I began to study the Scriptures more I came to realize that it's not what the Scriptures teach.