Your time is short...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pneuma

Jun 14, 2020
ST.Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new here. But I just want to say that time is short.

There are only 120 Jubilees total and there would only be 40 Jubilees from the time of Jesus first coming. So the time is very short.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new here. But I just want to say that time is short.

There are only 120 Jubilees total and there would only be 40 Jubilees from the time of Jesus first coming. So the time is very short.

I have no idea what your "math" suggests. Can you be more specific?

Bobby Jo

Pneuma

Jun 14, 2020
ST.Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Bobby Jo,

The Lord gave us 120 Jubilees in which His Spirit would strive with man's spirit. See Genesis 6:3 for more information on that.

Jesus came to us in the 80th Jubilees. There would only be 40 Jubilees thereafter.

Consider the time in wilderness of the Israelites, it was 40 years. This is a type. That was for the Congregation to be purged.

This 40 years was a type of the Congregations purging today in the 40 Jubilees since Christ.

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My understanding (which may be right or wrong - I am open to correction) - is that the scripture quoted neither references the maximum number of days that one can live (as people lived more than that after that time) - nor is it a promise of days you can claim (such as the case of some prosperity teachers), nor is it a reference to the number of jubilee's - but rather was a warning - the the number of years that God numbered from that time until God would flood the earth. (Noah's flood).

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Pneuma

Jun 14, 2020
ST.Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scoot,

Your correct, it was a warning unto when God would destroy the Earth by flood. There is another writing that even discussed this called the Book of Jasher where Noah gives that warning to the people. However, with everything in the Old Testament, everything is a type of something else.

God's Spirit continues to STRIVE with man even unto this day, showing that the meaning was beyond the type. There was found the Book of Jubilees among the Dead Sea Scrolls, where the scribes were counting the years according to these Jubilees. I believe they knew that there would only be 120 of them.

Additionally, we need only follow the type. Moses was in the wilderness for 40 years, for 40 days and nights was Noah subject to the rains, Jonah would warn Ninevah for 40 days, Jesus was tried for 40 days and nights in the wilderness, Jesus remained with the Disciples for 40 days after His Resurrection. The leaders of Israel would rule for 40 years. A generation is for the most part 40 years. Remember the generation that rebelled against God would be destroyed and not go into the promised land and that took 40 years. So we have evidence that a generation would be 40 years. Jesus said that generation would not pass until all these things be fulfilled. I believe HE was referring to the Generation of 40 Jubilees years in which the Church (Congregation) was being purged just like the type (Congregation of Israel) was purged in the Wilderness under Moses.

So Scoot, you learned something very good in understanding the type. After all we must know the type before we can know the fulfillment of the type. Now a Jubilee length is discussed in Leviticus 25. I would urge all to go and read about it.

Pneuma

Jun 14, 2020
ST.Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So also consider that you couldn't give more than 40 stripes. 41 was considered wrath. So if you couldn't give 41 then this should tell us that God will not wait till the 41st Jubilee to send His Son but that it will happen during the 40th Jubilees of the Church Age.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll have to play your cryptic math games with someone else. I have no time for foolishness.

Placed On IGNORE! -- So I guess that makes YOUR TIME even shorter ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Pneuma

Jun 14, 2020
ST.Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, I do NOT expect but a few if ANY to understand what I'm saying here. So just to get a response, is a encouraging.

Reactions: amadeus

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Bobby Jo,

The Lord gave us 120 Jubilees in which His Spirit would strive with man's spirit. See Genesis 6:3 for more information on that.

Jesus came to us in the 80th Jubilees. There would only be 40 Jubilees thereafter.

Consider the time in wilderness of the Israelites, it was 40 years. This is a type. That was for the Congregation to be purged.

This 40 years was a type of the Congregations purging today in the 40 Jubilees since Christ.
It seems 3 sets of 40? It was 40 from Adam to Abraham. 40 from Abraham to Christ. 40 from Christ to now. The Second Coming as a week of 8 days starts on April 2nd of 2023.

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Scoot,

Your correct, it was a warning unto when God would destroy the Earth by flood. There is another writing that even discussed this called the Book of Jasher where Noah gives that warning to the people. However, with everything in the Old Testament, everything is a type of something else.

God's Spirit continues to STRIVE with man even unto this day, showing that the meaning was beyond the type. There was found the Book of Jubilees among the Dead Sea Scrolls, where the scribes were counting the years according to these Jubilees. I believe they knew that there would only be 120 of them.

Additionally, we need only follow the type. Moses was in the wilderness for 40 years, for 40 days and nights was Noah subject to the rains, Jonah would warn Ninevah for 40 days, Jesus was tried for 40 days and nights in the wilderness, Jesus remained with the Disciples for 40 days after His Resurrection. The leaders of Israel would rule for 40 years. A generation is for the most part 40 years. Remember the generation that rebelled against God would be destroyed and not go into the promised land and that took 40 years. So we have evidence that a generation would be 40 years. Jesus said that generation would not pass until all these things be fulfilled. I believe HE was referring to the Generation of 40 Jubilees years in which the Church (Congregation) was being purged just like the type (Congregation of Israel) was purged in the Wilderness under Moses.

So Scoot, you learned something very good in understanding the type. After all we must know the type before we can know the fulfillment of the type. Now a Jubilee length is discussed in Leviticus 25. I would urge all to go and read about it.

Thanks for taking the time out to respond to my question and expanding your perspective / viewpoint on this.

Pneuma

Jun 14, 2020
ST.Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems 3 sets of 40? It was 40 from Adam to Abraham. 40 from Abraham to Christ. 40 from Christ to now. The Second Coming as a week of 8 days starts on April 2nd of 2023.

Here is the way I see it. I know there has to be 40 Jubilees since Judgement begins at the House of God and that means the House of God would have began really the year of the first Pentacost. Since a Jubilee cycle is 49 years then at a minimum there must be 1960 years to complete the 40 Jubilee cycles from that time. So depending on WHEN that first year of Pentecost was would determine the count of the 40 Jubilee cycles.

For example, if 31 AD was the year of the first Pentecost then 31 + 1960 would be 1991. That means the last Jubilee cycle of those 40 would have been in 1991 and the next or 41st would be in 2040. That means 2040 would then be the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I see the 1960 years as starting at 70 AD, when the Temple was destroyed. 70 + 1960 = 2030 +/- 1 or 2 years; will be the Return of Jesus.
This is proved by the prophecy in Ezekiel 4:6... 40 years exile for Judah. Then we see in Leviticus 26:24 and 26, how their punishment was increased by 7 X 7. X 40 = 1960 years. Nothing of significance happened in 1991-1993.
I reject the idea of a 41st Jubilee.

Pneuma

Jun 14, 2020
ST.Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the 1960 years as starting at 70 AD, when the Temple was destroyed. 70 + 1960 = 2030 +/- 1 or 2 years; will be the Return of Jesus.
This is proved by the prophecy in Ezekiel 4:6... 40 years exile for Judah. Then we see in Leviticus 26:24 and 26, how their punishment was increased by 7 X 7. X 40 = 1960 years. Nothing of significance happened in 1991-1993.
I reject the idea of a 41st Jubilee.

You do believe that Mankind would have dominion for 120 Jubilees, right? You also believe that Christ will return to usher in the Jubilee right? If so, then how can Jesus take the 40th Jubilee from man's dominion after telling man he has 120 of them?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You do believe that Mankind would have dominion for 120 Jubilees, right? You also believe that Christ will return to usher in the Jubilee right? If so, then how can Jesus take the 40th Jubilee from man's dominion after telling man he has 120 of them?
No.
The 120 Jubilee's theory does not supersede the 7000 years of Gods Plan from Adam to Eternity.

Pneuma

Jun 14, 2020
ST.Louis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
The 120 Jubilee's theory does not supersede the 7000 years of Gods Plan from Adam to Eternity.

I believe the 120 Jubilees is part of the entire plan of the 7 days. Let's look closer.

Moses mission was a type of the first coming of Christ. In that instance you had Moses leading his people out of slavery and towards the promised land. So that time is where we are as the time of man. Interesting that Moses started at the age of 80 (the very Jubilee when Christ came) and ended when he was 120 Years old and died - coincidence? - I don't think so. I think it all has meaning.

Now Joshua takes over and leads the Israelites into the promised land. This is a type of the 2nd Coming of Christ. And what happened during that time? Joshua comes and and destroys 7 kingdoms (seven is reference to the Day of the Lord). So we have a type of the Coming of Christ the 2nd time.

You see 120 is associated with that timeframe of mans rule. In fact 120 in Ancient Hebrew equals the number 666 when you count the Hebrew letters.

So when you consider the 7000 , you have to consider the 6000 years as those of man's dominion. Where then the last 1000 are the millennial rule of Christ.

Reactions: pompadour

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with this.
And as we are now at about 5990 years since Adam, we can expect dramatic events very soon!

Well from my research of the Chronology of the OT, I would reason that we are now on the timeline at the year 6,116 solar years from the time when Adam was created. If then we are nearing the end of the sixth age, then why are we still waiting for it to happen if 116 solar years ago it was supposed to have happened to fulfil the understanding that an age is exactly 1,000 years long?

Perhaps we should be considering that an Age is as long as the number that can be counted on those hands of ours with good dexterity.

Or there again, all of our possible understandings has not figured out God's timeline for mankind.